Tears Buckeye Tears

OSU fans better be careful what they wish for. With that said, I get Lincoln Riley at OU vibes for Day's OSU. If he stays and doesn't bolt for the NFL, I'm interested to see if he can get them more physical.
They matched up well against one of the most if not most physical teams in the country in UGA on Saturday. They just **** the bed, but it wasn’t because they weren’t physical. They looked like a different team than the one that played Michigan. The question for Day is whether or not they can bounce back, but talent is not their issue. I think they completely didn’t take Michigan seriously and were punched in the mouth. There is a sense of superiority when it comes to them looking down at Michigan. Lincoln had seriously issues with the Okie defenses, but I don’t see that being a problem at Taint.

Advertisement
They matched up well against one of the most if not most physical teams in the country in UGA on Saturday. They just **** the bed, but it wasn’t because they weren’t physical. They looked like a different team than the one that played Michigan. The question for Day is whether or not they can bounce back, but talent is not their issue. I think they completely didn’t take Michigan seriously and were punched in the mouth. There is a sense of superiority when it comes to them looking down at Michigan. Lincoln had seriously issues with the Okie defenses, but I don’t see that being a problem at Taint.

You saw Riley get close with UGA in 18 by doing the same thing and turning it into a shootout, although much different UGA teams now that Smart has stacked elite classes. Talent will never be the issue there but if they didn't take an undefeated UM team serious, Day got bigger issues. I just see parallels in the results and style of play so far, could easily change if Day breaks through or makes some changes.

You saw Riley get close with UGA in 18 by doing the same thing and turning it into a shootout, although much different UGA teams now that Smart has stacked elite classes. Talent will never be the issue there but if they didn't take an undefeated UM team serious, Day got bigger issues. I just see parallels in the results and style of play so far, could easily change if Day breaks through or makes some changes.
Out of the 4 teams that have been elite the past 5-7 years, Taint is the only one that has disappointed. No denying that. Clemson, UGA and Bama have won and Taint hasn’t. I don’t equate it to Okie because they never recruited that well on the defensive side of the ball under Riley. Taint has recruited well there but you are 100% right Day needs to break through.

Advertisement
I for one want the best for OSU and think they should move on from Day and hire a young innovative OC with Big Ten Experience as Head Coach who has recently won the Broyles Award. They’re never going to win the big game if they don’t take some risk, this is the move for them.

Plus it will be a great way to stick it to Michigan

Listen Uh Huh GIF by ABC Network

Advertisement
Every fan base says the same thing. They lost a croot and they blame bags, character or “he wasn’t a take.” Then a few level-headed folks come in and say how maybe it’s actually a better fit and it isn’t always the bags. But those level-headed folks are just as dumb for trying to talk sense into the other idiots.

It’s all stupid. What are we doing?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back