Bubba Bolden

KingB02

Sophomore
Wtf happened to this man?!!
Is he hurt or what?
At the beginning of the season and last year before the injury he was a sure tackler. Not a big hitter like Carter, but was always in position and making open field tackles. The last 4 games he has missed so many tackles. He has taken bad angles left and right! We were saying he was our best player on defense the first 4 games. Now he is getting exposed left and right in the running and passing game. Went from player of the week in the conference week in and week out. Suddenly buddy trash af. Hurts to see that but I don’t understand what has happened to buddy.

Advertisement
He's busy with the axe hacking away at his draft status. He made some plays today that made me question if he even wanted to be out there. The whole back end of the defense looks a little frustrated/lacking in confidence to be honest.

He's busy with the axe hacking away at his draft status. He made some plays today that made me question if he even wanted to be out there. The whole back end of the defense looks a little frustrated/lacking in confidence to be honest.
He gets into position and just misses so badly.
before he was sure to make the tackle. It’s crazy. He ain’t doing it on purpose (meaning he is now afraid of contact not just scared to get hurt and mess up his draft stock) unless he had a bad 🤕 that ***ked up his psyche. He probably had a broken nose during the Clemson game but played well the game after. But since then he has been bad. Carter had played well when he isn’t disqualified lol

Advertisement
Kid does look like he’s got one foot out the door. The blonde hair had me hella perplexed. He got some shine, NFL talk, and now he’s been playing half a$$ed
I saw that BS too!!! I was like wtf! But it’s just styling’ and don’t mean ish. It looked more silver than blond though lol. But he definitely feeling himself

Advertisement
One poster shared their opinion that Bubba's talents are being misused as a free safety - and that he is better used as a strong safety. Anyone else share this opinion. Early in the year he definitely made good tackles and was only exposed when having to cover a receiver. But I don't know enough to comment on the free safety/strong safety debate.

Plus I think he must be banged up, because he looks drastically different.

Wtf happened to this man?!!
Is he hurt or what?
At the beginning of the season and last year before the injury he was a sure tackler. Not a big hitter like Carter, but was always in position and making open field tackles. The last 4 games he has missed so many tackles. He has taken bad angles left and right! We were saying he was our best player on defense the first 4 games. Now he is getting exposed left and right in the running and passing game. Went from player of the week in the conference week in and week out. Suddenly buddy trash af. Hurts to see that but I don’t understand what has happened to buddy.

Let's all keep in mind we're playing alot more nickel because of Couch so Bolden is not involved as much in coverage

One poster shared their opinion that Bubba's talents are being misused as a free safety - and that he is better used as a strong safety. Anyone else share this opinion. Early in the year he definitely made good tackles and was only exposed when having to cover a receiver. But I don't know enough to comment on the free safety/strong safety debate.

Plus I think he must be banged up, because he looks drastically different.

He's just not covering as much because Couch has emerged as a legit nickel so he's not having to cover as much

Advertisement
The tackling on this whole team is soft. The sign of a good defense is the first guy to the ball carrier should bring him down and that never happens on miami.

poor tackling team overall

We're trying our best to have at a minimum a solid travel squad. I seriously doubt teams are getting in alot tackling at practice. Just think about this we've played 8 games so far I just watched Oregon vs Washington State they're on game 2. Covid has thrown things off bigtime

The tackling on this whole team is soft. The sign of a good defense is the first guy to the ball carrier should bring him down and that never happens on miami.

poor tackling team overall
Yep guys are getting dragged 5-7 yards. There was one play where Herbert was stopped for no gain or a short gain initially and was dragged for another 5 yards at least before he went down.

Advertisement
Two terrible plays yesterday. First VT TD he took a terrible angle and just quit. The other was the one he completely whiffed on a pass deflection on 3rd and long and VT later scored that drive

Let's all keep in mind we're playing alot more nickel because of Couch so Bolden is not involved as much in coverage
What?
we been playing nickel all year when teams come out in 3+ wr sets and on 2-3 and longs. Nothing different here. And still your safeties still have the same responsibilities in those sets. You could say more deep zone is played by the safeties when we are in nickel sets. Our slot plays more underneath coverage and blitzes

Advertisement
Back