Bubba Bolden interview on WQAM

ajone228

Recruit
Advertisement
I appreciate Bolden and his return. Think he has much upside and publicly says all the right things. Let's hope he takes his game from "good" to "great" his senior season. As for the team, more will need to take on his personal objective. If so, watch out as it could be a special season. Lastly, with all due respect to Amari Carter, he has no business starting. Canes will be in trouble if he does.

Bubba speaks and carries himself like a pro. Need to see it all year on the field. He's had stretches during the season but time to put the full season together. I'd like to see him add 5-10 pounds and continue to study the game because he has all the tools.

Advertisement
He made the smart choice for himself. He had no business going to the nfl. Too light. Lost his conditioning and focus as the season progressed. Bad tackler as the season progressed. Struggled in coverage all year.
No one loses conditioning during the season bro. Focus, maybe... but I think it’s just wear and tear. As you said, he is light and I’m pretty sure buddy had a concussion during the Clemson game when he played lights out (literally cause his bell was rung and you could see it by more than just the blood all over his face). After that he has been very timid when hitting. That changes your psyche. He needs to gain 10 pounds and get his mind right..

I want to make a contrasting comment, but I keep stopping myself starring at 15-0 .

I take an exhale and stare again, I saw 15-0 on another post exactly as you did yours just a 15-0 and it’s been speaking loads in my Cane heart and common sense yet still the 15-0 haunts me.

I wrote so many negative posts about these kids / team , it was a mistake I’m a realest and I feel I did mess up and judged.

15-0 IT’S CALLING ME RELENTLESSLY , I KEEP EXHALING ON THE POSSIBILITIES.

GOCANES

Advertisement
He made the smart choice for himself. He had no business going to the nfl. Too light. Lost his conditioning and focus as the season progressed. Bad tackler as the season progressed. Struggled in coverage all year.
He also led the team in tackles and flashed more athleticism than anybody on the team. He wasn’t perfect but that’s way too harsh of an assessment.

You mistake fair with "too harsh." You can lead the team in tackles and still need to work on everything I listed as issues.
I agree he’s better off staying and he knows that, too. Bubba is light years better than Hall and Carter. Those two are huge busts at this point. It’s not easy having to do it all yourself in secondary playing with crap LB play and crap CB play along with another safety who’s well...crap. I think he tried to do too much more so than what he needs to work on. We improve all around and Bolden will be fine.

I’m expecting a big season from Bubba this year. T-Rob bringing a different perspective should help and it’s his money year. Time to ball out.
Could help him stay consistent and get better. This is prime time year for Bubba....

Advertisement
****, didn't realize he was only 200 lbs. Anybody think that he wore down as the season progressed and that's why he had issues later in the season? What's a typical safety's weight?

****, didn't realize he was only 200 lbs. Anybody think that he wore down as the season progressed and that's why he had issues later in the season? What's a typical safety's weight?
Wondering if they lost some conditioning during the initial lockdown...

I agree he’s better off staying and he knows that, too. Bubba is light years better than Hall and Carter. Those two are huge busts at this point. It’s not easy having to do it all yourself in secondary playing with crap LB play and crap CB play along with another safety who’s well...crap. I think he tried to do too much more so than what he needs to work on. We improve all around and Bolden will be fine.
I like Bolden too, but it’s ok to like someone and be realistic in discussing things they need to improve and acknowledging he was smart not to leave early because he had no business doing so. He’s a good player who has a chance to be a great player with more seasoning.

Advertisement
He definitely wore down. He was playing 70+ snaps, and he hit the wall. He played like a maniac in one game midseason then was never the same after that.

I definitely saw a drop-off. We had 3 safeties, 2 of whom were constantly being ejected for targeting. So Bolden probably played more snaps than anyone else on the defense. With the depth we have now, he should see less but more meaningful snaps in 2021. And I expect he'll have a dominant season.

On top of being super lean, he wears the smallest pads on the roster, smaller than what kickers wear. That takes a toll over a long season. I get that he wants to be as flexible as possible but I truly think his tackling would improve with a few more pounds on his frame AND different pads.

He looked amazing the first few games I was in shock at how he closed tithe ball. Then he turned into I dunno wtf

Advertisement
Back