Bubba Bolden gives take on expected role, adjusting to UM, and Martell

MAN WHY YOU TRYING TO GET US HYPED UP BEFORE the 24th, yes sir, throw at your own risk!
Man, he was one of my favorites... loved him in the NFL as part of Houston's House of Pain! Very underrated at the U and rarely gets brought up. I guess that's what happens when you are in the same back field as Bennie Blades... Great special teams players which is why I thought of him when they brought up Bolden wanting to make an impact on special teams.

Advertisement
Man, he was one of my favorites... loved him in the NFL as part of Houston's House of Pain! Very underrated at the U and rarely gets brought up. I guess that's what happens when you are in the same back field as Bennie Blades... Great special teams players which is why I thought of him when they brought up Bolden wanting to make an impact on special teams.

Did a feature on Leonard 'Bubba' McDowell for Canestime.com long ago, great guy

True Cane football, he was the ed reed of special teams before ed reed! That's one of the best parts about UM football, when you got that many Great players coming thru, that we have alot that we dont talk about that had just as much impact! Just thinking about reed, he could've easily made the Hall of Fame just on his special teams resume alone, one of the best to ever do it college and pro's. Had ed gone and played at Lsu, he wouldnt have been the same player, he is today, but coming to UM, being around guys like AL BLADES, nate webster, coach rumph, he was at home! But no doubt bubba mcdowell was a balla fo sho!

Brevin is a godsend for the program. Helped recruit guys and kept it together in his storm 18 class, helped get guys like bolden, martell and jaelan Phillips here, helped with hightower convince Jarren Williams from transferring from Miami and is an excellent player on top of that.

There are two words to explain why Bolden ended up at UM:

Brevin Jordan.

Bolden, who was Jordan’s former teammate at Bishop Gorman High in Las Vegas, considered no other school because UM’s starting tight end sold him on the merits of Miami.

“I’ve known Brevin since I was a young kid,” Bolden said. “We played elementary football together, middle school, high school. That’s like my brother. He told me, ‘I feel like you should come here and I made it happen.”

When Bolden spoke with coach Manny Diaz and safeties coach and co-defensive coordinator Ephraim Banda, he became even more convinced that Miami was the right place for him.

Defensive coordinator Blake Baker said Bolden is working at both safety spots and believes he can capably play there or at the striker position.

“Bubba is an attack type of defender,” Jordan said. “He loves to make plays, runs across the field. He’s long and athletic.”

He isn’t likely to start at least initially — Gurvan Hall and Amari Carter have earned the starting jobs — but Bolden said he’s OK with that. He has three years of eligibility at UM.
That doesn’t make a difference,” he said of starting. “I respect them. They earned their spot. They’ve been here. I’ve got to contribute any way I can. I’m going to get on the field. I’m going to play. I feel like we all rotate in. Two people can’t play the whole game. I’m here to win. I’m here to play and help my team out.”

Advertisement
Like Brock said, its going to be impossible to keep him off the field. I don't care how much eligibility he has left, you don't have guys like this sitting on your bench rotting away. Throw him out there and see what happens. He isn't a developmental project. Hes a baller.

Like Brock said, its going to be impossible to keep him off the field. I don't care how much eligibility he has left, you don't have guys like this sitting on your bench rotting away. Throw him out there and see what happens. He isn't a developmental project. Hes a baller.
no kidding but if he doesn't know the defense yet then who cares how good he is. Dont need a blown assignment for an easy td

Advertisement
If he was coming in as a 5* recruit and overall top 5 player in the country fresh out of HS nobody would be saying to "bring him along slowly". We would be saying throw his a$$ out there and let him learn as he goes. This is how he needs to handled.

Just like we handled Devin Hester and Seantrel Henderson. As 5* kids who just fell into our laps, even though they got here late who gives a ****..throw them out there and lets see what happens. And Hester and Henderson both proved that throwing them out there was the correct choice.

If he was coming in as a 5* recruit and overall top 5 player in the country fresh out of HS nobody would be saying to "bring him along slowly". We would be saying throw his a$$ out there and let him learn as he goes. This is how he needs to handled.

Just like we handled Devin Hester and Seantrel Henderson. As 5* kids who just fell into our laps, even though they got here late who gives a ****..throw them out there and lets see what happens. And Hester and Henderson both proved that throwing them out there was the correct choice.
No we wouldn’t if they missed of most camp which is what happened here

Advertisement
Bolden also noted that he does not expect his former high school teammate Tate Martell to transfer away from the Hurricanes in light of losing the offseason QB battle.

As long as Martell is dating Kiki Passo, he ain't leaving Miami....

Advertisement

Brevin is a godsend for the program. Helped recruit guys and kept it together in his storm 18 class, helped get guys like bolden, martell and jaelan Phillips here, helped with hightower convince Jarren Williams from transferring from Miami and is an excellent player on top of that.

Brevin Jordan.

Bolden, who was Jordan’s former teammate at Bishop Gorman High in Las Vegas, considered no other school because UM’s starting tight end sold him on the merits of Miami.

“I’ve known Brevin since I was a young kid,” Bolden said. “We played elementary football together, middle school, high school. That’s like my brother. He told me, ‘I feel like you should come here and I made it happen.”

When Bolden spoke with coach Manny Diaz and safeties coach and co-defensive coordinator Ephraim Banda, he became even more convinced that Miami was the right place for him.

Defensive coordinator Blake Baker said Bolden is working at both safety spots and believes he can capably play there or at the striker position.

“Bubba is an attack type of defender,” Jordan said. “He loves to make plays, runs across the field. He’s long and athletic.”

He isn’t likely to start at least initially — Gurvan Hall and Amari Carter have earned the starting jobs — but Bolden said he’s OK with that. He has three years of eligibility at UM.
That doesn’t make a difference,” he said of starting. “I respect them. They earned their spot. They’ve been here. I’ve got to contribute any way I can. I’m going to get on the field. I’m going to play. I feel like we all rotate in. Two people can’t play the whole game. I’m here to win. I’m here to play and help my team out.”

Awesome read!!! I like this kid and think he will fit in great! Rotating Hall, Carter, and Bubba sounds good to me! Strikers gonna be a awesome position to watch! I think Bubba and Keontra would fit there Frieson is backing up Finley. Alot we can do on Defense we have alot of pieces in the back end! I think back to last summer we had Jaquan and M Jackson. The rest was questionable! This year Bandy, Ivey and Blades battling Couch and Willams coming in looking ready to contribute Gurvan Hall, Carter finally getting there chance to start Bubba Bolden coming in Finley year 2 starter!!!! 3 sr linebackers man o man!! Im excited!!

Brevin Jordan.

Nobody mentioned the most important thing in that article, regarding the deals we have with Fanatics ...

“Fanatics also has deals with the University of Florida and Oregon, but UM’s deal includes a new element — the creation of a data analyst position on the UM staff.”

More than neon lighting in the locker rooms, more than bounce houses and ball pits for the players, more than macrobiotic kale slushees...more analysts result in better tactics development which leads to a greater professional environment and more wins.

In addition to wins, bags and cars, recruits are attracted to bammer because they have a professionally run operation that gets players to the next level.

Smart donors want to fund analysts and a professional environment, not seaweed ice cream shops at the training table and disco balls in the showers.

Advertisement
Back