Bryson Allen-Williams

I'm confused by the whole African-American athlete remark? If his dad a Barrows had a good connection playing together then this could be huge.

Imagine if a white kid said the same thing about white athletes.

It's not a big deal. Nor would it be if a white kid made the comment

It would be a big deal for white kid to say he wants a program that especially looks after whites. That doesn't mean it's wrong for a black kid to say what Bryson said. Equating the two is living in a fantasy world. Unfortunately we are not there yet.

Advertisement
I'm confused by the whole African-American athlete remark? If his dad a Barrows had a good connection playing together then this could be huge.

Imagine if a white kid said the same thing about white athletes.

It's not a big deal. Nor would it be if a white kid made the comment

It would be a big deal for white kid to say he wants a program that especially looks after whites. That doesn't mean it's wrong for a black kid to say what Bryson said. Equating the two is living in a fantasy world. Unfortunately we are not there yet.

The only reason its alarming is not football related and probably wont affect is recruiting. To me this kid didnt pick that up on his own. Just like racism is a learned behavior, thinking in the way he is....is very similar. He has had somebody in his ear about not letting the white man hold him down, could motivate, could do nothing at all, could lead him to pull the race card the 1st time he doesnt get his way.

And if a white recruit said it, it would be a ****storm. Hence why its kinda wrong both ways. While I understand it more coming from a minority it still shows that as much as we claim to teach kids that they are all equal we still make it a point to make sure they know how different they are and all the bad aspects of being so.

Advertisement
Back