Bryce Fitzgerald Safety from Columbus

Advertisement
Thank you, sir. Not to go too off topic, but if I had access to a time machine, I'd eventually make a visit Bolivia in early October 1967, with a bag of popcorn and a smile.
Likewise not to get too far of topic but...........If you ever get access to a time machine, I'm coming with you. Since you're bringing the popcorn, the least I can do is bring the beer.

Big production isn’t always everything. That being said kam had big production and he was very good for us. Add in the IQ and work ethic claims and I think you are more likely to get kam than Jaiden Francois

Advertisement
This is absolutely correct. However I would think that Fitzgerald will be in this class for a few reasons. First off he is an extremely productive playmaker who goes against excellent competition and plays for Columbus. Secondly, he is a local kid with an extremely high football IQ to go with elite character and work ethic. While he does lack the prototypical high end measurables that UM looks for, it is a fact that part of the plan in building the roster for this staff is to take 1 or 2 local kids a year who are extremely productive with elite work ethic and character who are also great students and surround them with 4 and 5 star studs who have all the measurables. @DMoney mentioned this months ago when speaking about the recruitment of Daylen Russell.

All those intangibles are great but they’re irrelevant when you’re trying to cover guys running a full second or more faster than you in the 100. You can be “slower” but you have to be somewhere in the ballpark for those intangibles to factor in.

Also, Gaby has mentioned multiple times that the staff is open to taking him as a CB. Hopefully that’s changed since Chevis came on board.

All those intangibles are great but they’re irrelevant when you’re trying to cover guys running a full second or more faster than you in the 100. You can be “slower” but you have to be somewhere in the ballpark for those intangibles to factor in.

Also, Gaby has mentioned multiple times that the staff is open to taking him as a CB. Hopefully that’s changed since Chevis came on board.
Obviously bro but since the staff is open to taking him they dont seem to think its as big of a concern. Putting him at CB just magnifies the deficiencies imo. Had no idea Gaby said that. If that is the case then he shouldn't be in the class. We need speed at CB and that shouldn't even be negotiable.

Advertisement
Context is crucial. LOL
IMG_3996.gif

Grindr?

😂

Dousso on Bryce Fitzgerald

On WR/S Bryce Fitzgerald, who recently rejoined RAW: Elite speed. He tested very high. You see it. It's very evident on film. You see it in person. He can just flat-out ride. I think going to Columbus and getting with Andreu Swasey was big for him. I had him last year. This year I've seen him take a big step at playing the safety position. He's a centerfielder that takes away the ball. He's leading us in interceptions over the last two weekends since he's joined our squad.
On offense, we run him on some drag concepts underneath. We know he can get out in the open field and eat up an extra 10-15 yards. He’s an elite, elite runner, great personality, very sharp. I have no bad things to say about the kid. I'm very, very impressed with how he carries himself.

Advertisement
Back