Bryce Fitzgerald Safety from Columbus

Advertisement

tedlasso-yikes.gif

I’ll say it early..

I don’t like this guy as a player at all.

Very slow diagnosing things and looks to be maxed out physically in high school with a narrow frame.

I’d pass here.

Has a lot of picks last couple seasons for a kid who doesn't diagnose?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Ya I see you guys say that lol…I get it

But kid looks **** good to me and has production to back it up and always balls out at these camps (this year and last). I don't see why everyone is so down on him.

I mean a 5* pick 6 isn't an accident with him right? 10 picks last year vs. Big School comp Date and then a state run?

Ya I see you guys say that lol…I get it

But kid looks **** good to me and has production to back it up and always balls out at these camps (this year and last). I don't see why everyone is so down on him.

I mean a 5* pick 6 isn't an accident with him right? 10 picks last year vs. Big School comp Date and then a state run?
hes look good the games i watched from 7 on 7 raw on nfl network. it will be on tomorrow so i probably catch him again he has been playing both ways and has scored in every game i watch.

Im mostly clowning because hes from Columbus and Mario and every one arond the program with money would give their first born for him to be a cane.

He has a narrow frame but has ball skills dont know if they see him as a cb or corner prospect. But you can likely lock himt o being in this class. lol

Elite character, IQ and work ethic.
He needs to be in this class. All he does is make plays. Bryce Fitzgerald, Amari Wallace and Hilton Stubbs should be the 2025 safety class. We need to flip Stubbs obviously but that's what Mario does for a living so we’ll see. Would be an elite haul. Pair them with a CB class of Pickett, Hanks and Ewald and watch this secondary be transformed.

Advertisement
The negatives with this recruit have more to do with his track and field numbers and frame than his football productivity. Personal bests 11.63 100 and 1.77 high jump this year are less than ideal.

The negatives with this recruit have more to do with his track and field numbers and frame than his football productivity. Personal bests 11.63 100 and 1.77 high jump this year are less than ideal.
This is absolutely correct. However I would think that Fitzgerald will be in this class for a few reasons. First off he is an extremely productive playmaker who goes against excellent competition and plays for Columbus. Secondly, he is a local kid with an extremely high football IQ to go with elite character and work ethic. While he does lack the prototypical high end measurables that UM looks for, it is a fact that part of the plan in building the roster for this staff is to take 1 or 2 local kids a year who are extremely productive with elite work ethic and character who are also great students and surround them with 4 and 5 star studs who have all the measurables. @DMoney mentioned this months ago when speaking about the recruitment of Daylen Russell.

This is absolutely correct. However I would think that Fitzgerald will be in this class for a few reasons. First off he is an extremely productive playmaker who goes against excellent competition and plays for Columbus. Secondly, he is a local kid with an extremely high football IQ to go with elite character and work ethic. While he does lack the prototypical high end measurables that UM looks for, it is a fact that part of the plan in building the roster for this staff is to take 1 or 2 local kids a year who are extremely productive with elite work ethic and character who are also great students and surround them with 4 and 5 star studs who have all the measurables. @DMoney mentioned this months ago when speaking about the recruitment of Daylen Russell.

I get it. And don't get me wrong, he's a take at safety and you hope he fills out some.

I just pray we don't try to make him a CB... the lack of verified speed and the fact he's lining up ~15 yards off the line and playing a deep zone in most of his highlights gives me @Confidence1000 level pause.

Advertisement
I get it. And don't get me wrong, he's a take at safety and you hope he fills out some.

I just pray we don't try to make him a CB... the lack of verified speed and the fact he's lining up ~15 yards off the line and playing a deep zone in most of his highlights gives me @Confidence1000 level pause.
No question about it. The kid is not a CB at this level but I'm not sure why you feel so apprehensive about the staff possibly putting him at CB. The staff views him as a Safety and there is no way that Guidry or Jackson would ever think he could be a CB just for the reasons you gave. Relax there is a 0% chance they "try to make him a CB'

In the highlights you are referring to, is he playing 15 yards off and playing deep zone because he is playing Safety or is he at CB in those clips giving a 15 yard cushion then bailing into the deep third?

No question about it. The kid is not a CB at this level but I'm not sure why you feel so apprehensive about the staff possibly putting him at CB. The staff views him as a Safety and there is no way that Guidry or Jackson would ever think he could be a CB just for the reasons you gave. Relax there is a 0% chance they "try to make him a CB'

In the highlights you are referring to, is he playing 15 yards off and playing deep zone because he is playing Safety or is he at CB in those clips giving a 15 yard cushion then bailing into the deep third?

@gogeta4's commented about Fitzgerald potentially at CB or safety. I think it's been raised by others before as well. To me, his best bet at success in college is at safety.

That said, I will trust this staff at CB when they give me a reason to trust them at CB. And we have had this bad habit of converting safety types to CB for the sake of "length" and "physicality", and ignoring the necessity of speed at CB. Hyper-frustrating.

In the highlights I was referring to, he is playing safety. But, again, I raised them in the context of a projection to CB because those plays don't really translate to CB.

@gogeta4's commented about Fitzgerald potentially at CB or safety. I think it's been raised by others before as well. To me, his best bet at success in college is at safety.

That said, I will trust this staff at CB when they give me a reason to trust them at CB. And we have had this bad habit of converting safety types to CB for the sake of "length" and "physicality", and ignoring the necessity of speed at CB. Hyper-frustrating.

In the highlights I was referring to, he is playing safety. But, again, I raised them in the context of a projection to CB because those plays don't really translate to CB.
True but Fitzgerald doesn't even fit the mold of the safety that's gets converted in the name of length and physicality. I believe that what you are referring to was done by prior staff's. I don't recall this staff ever converting a safety into a CB when the player had no upside at CB. Regardless of that if you want to be concerned then that's your prerogative and I understand.

True but Fitzgerald doesn't even fit the mold of the safety that's gets converted in the name of length and physicality. I believe that what you are referring to was done by prior staff's. I don't recall this staff ever converting a safety into a CB when the player had no upside at CB. Regardless of that if you want to be concerned then that's your prerogative and I understand.

I'm not concerned.
I'm just not convinced, lol.

Advertisement
Back