Bryant McKinnie Helping

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mckinnie working with the OTs
Vernon Carey working with the guards
Brett Romberg working with the centers

I just hate how he brings up the.problems.with their technique but most important their lack of.confidence which was taken from them. Technique can be fixed confidence takes time sometimes. Bad on a coach to demean a player or players. Tell a lot about our line play. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
If I'm an O line coach and I've got a chance for 3 of the best that ever played O line at the U to come and work with the students during the summer when I can't, I'd be overjoyed. That can only make them better and that makes me look better.

Hopefully this pays dividends and sets an example for other positions.

One massive historical difference between our program and the Gators is our alums. Not only do they fare far better in the NFL historically, but they're always coming back to the U to train up the next generation. You don't see that with the big-name Gator alums. This type of instruction can only help our guys.

When you as a player, are taught by the best, the impact on you can be profound....
They will have something to tell their buds, friends, fans, and fellow players that many will never experience....
Manny, that is what we are talking about....................Mine that gold mine, and it will pay off......great job by our Cane brothers.

Advertisement
I hope their alongside Coach Barry and not against him.

I wouldn't be surprised if they consulted with him or talked to Manny before this. Obviously you don't want to disrespect and step on another coaches toes, but isn't there a rule where the coaches are only allowed to work with players so many hours a week?

From 247 Ivins article with McKinnie--

"They reached out to me, so I go down there [on Monday] with two other former offensive line greats [Vernon Carey and Brett Romberg] and we are going to help them again. I was able to asses a lot of things that were wrong. Communication. A lot of confidence was taken away from them by the prior coach. Technique is definitely something – pass and run. I worked with them on that and watched some film and got on the field with them. We are going to do that again. Vernon is going to do the guards, Romberg is going to do the centers and I'm going to do the tackles. We are going to go out there and make them better."

Searles was an absolute embarrassment for this university. The dorito of offensive line coaches. Oof.

Love seeing former greats come and lend a hand!

Advertisement
From 247 Ivins article with McKinnie--

"They reached out to me, so I go down there [on Monday] with two other former offensive line greats [Vernon Carey and Brett Romberg] and we are going to help them again. I was able to asses a lot of things that were wrong. Communication. A lot of confidence was taken away from them by the prior coach. Technique is definitely something – pass and run. I worked with them on that and watched some film and got on the field with them. We are going to do that again. Vernon is going to do the guards, Romberg is going to do the centers and I'm going to do the tackles. We are going to go out there and make them better."

People still don’t get it.

A coach’s most important job is to get his team or unit ready to plaY PSYCHOLOGICALLY.

If the guys don’t believe in themselves because of the way the team is managed, you have lost before you even take the field.

This has filled me full of joy and fuzzy feels. If you all watched these guys play in person, you would know this is a serious step in the right direction. Glad to see the young bucks asking for help too.

Advertisement
Back