Bryan McClendon comin'...aaaannnd he's gone

Interest Reaction GIF

Advertisement
I'm less concerned about Mclendon leaving from a coaching standpoint but more so dude has been around for awhile seen thr whole operation seen all the evals and plans and now leaving to go to a school that plans to poach the top 6 players every year like Bama. Double agent aspect irritates me. Established relationships with so many 2023 prospects in person from Elite Prospect Day.
This

Advertisement
HOLY ****!!! Arrrg,…. WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE.THE CFB WORLD IS CRASHING ALL AROUND US,OMG,..WTF, ARE WE GONNA DO?.. Arrrrg,..cough. Choke, Gag,Gasp,.. Heavy Breathing,….when’s season start?

Yes let’s look at it in a vacuum… one guy when to work with saban which basically any assistant would do to advance his career.
the other one is going home.

they both suck and hurt but not for the extrapolated reasons people are acting like ******* about

now the next one that doesn’t come down to the above very specific situations would indeed concern me

til then, get some balls back
The issue is we lost our only two legitimate recruiters on staff outside of Mario. There’s only so much Mario can carry

Advertisement
I'm a big Mario supporter, but this **** don't look good and I don't like it. TF, man...
Well, I can’t argue that. Also can’t argue that BMAC wanting to go back to his Alma Mater doesn’t make sense, but it is still a **** move so quick.

We will recover, and hopefully become a destination spot again vs. a landing pad for coaches with bigger aspirations, but we aren’t there yet.

UM

What if losing B-Mac leads to...

Brady: OC/WR (genius but needs help recruiting)

Coley: Co-OC/QB (stay away from play-calling, please, but continue to be a monster recruiter)

Field: TE (recruiter, connected locally, has a talented room)

I'm dreaming, yes, but all have had some sort of link to us....
This will ease my mind.

Advertisement
I was surprised he came this time. If I remember correctly. Richt try to bring him to Miami and he didn’t came.

With that said. I got a feeling Coley will be in play as a co-OC to who ever Mario hire as the play caller.
I know Coley can handle business on the recruiting trail. But dude was such a yes man in that Texas A&M film session. It reminded me of him telling the staff some stiff kid from Delaware reminded him of Deon Bush.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah maybe trust the two dudes who’ve been accurate. They said he interviewed and he was gone if offered
I trust Dee, always have.

People lie or only tell partial truths when it comes to business or protecting their image. There was a lot of smoke here, so you either take what’s being said at face value and look through the smoke. Nobody is ever 100% in these situations.

I think Mario confident in his ability to recruit with the big dogs. He is focused on closing 2022 class and I get that. Takes a huge sack. Not gonna panic and will wait to evaluate the results. Never seen a team come poach AFTER introduction media is created like this before. Not saying it's never happened but I can't remember.

Well, I can’t argue that. Also can’t argue that BMAC wanting to go back to his Alma Mater doesn’t make sense, but it is still a **** move so quick.

We will recover, and hopefully become a destination spot again vs. a landing pad for coaches with bigger aspirations, but we aren’t there yet.

UM
Can't argue with neither, both can be true.

Also what can be true is how B-Mac did us dirty, too.

All can be true. Can't have one without the other.

I think Mario had a very clear and structured plan. I just don’t think it’s been going according to that plan.

I’m guessing he’s holding himself to very high standards and is getting a dose of reality of the hardships Miami coaches have had to deal with. This is Mario’s first real test (filling out his staff so he can compete with the big boys) and midterm report would be a C at best.

Gotta have faith that the finish will yield better results. He’s proven he can hire competently so no need to hit the panic button until after the staff is finalized. But I’m definitely feeling like he’s going to have a hard time living up to the hype.
This is pure fear from the SEC.

Golden, Richt, Diaz weren't getting staff poached. The SEC knew that they all had a very comfortable ceiling and they'd still be able to pop down to SoFl and walk into any school.

With Cristobal in town now they're trying everything possible to derail him.

Advertisement
Back