Bryan McClendon comin'...aaaannnd he's gone

We are now almost two months into the Mario Cristobal era.

Going in, we knew he would be a phenomenal recruiter. That’s always been his calling card. We knew we would not have to worry about that and so far he’s done an excellent job in that regard. No complaints.

What we knew we would have to worry about - as was discussed by many here when he was hired including D$ - was his coaching. He’s not a savant. He’s not a QB guru. He doesn’t have a cutting edge scheme. He’s not a good game day coach. Mario would have to rely heavily on his assistants to get our program back to the pinnacle. And to do that, he was allegedly given one of the biggest assistant coaching pools in the country. So we should be good, right?

Here is where are we almost two months later:

Cristobal has hired four coaches. Three of them are transplants from Oregon. The other is a 34 year old RB coach with two years of P5 experience.

Of the three coaches from Oregon, one is Mario’s best friend, one has never coached on the East Coast and one is actively entertaining the idea of leaving for a lateral positron at another school.

We don’t have an offensive coordinator, having been turned down at least once, maybe twice.

We don’t have a defensive coordinator.

For someone who absolutely needed to nail his assistant coaching hires, it has not been a good start for Mario. I don’t think that’s really disputable.

Obviously, that can change quickly. Mario could go out and hire two grand slams at OC + DC and this will all be forgotten.

But at this moment, I think it is absolutely fair to be critical of how things have gone so far.

If that’s “annoying” or “pointless”, so be it. I just call it like I see it.
Just stop man. Take a break. Maybe research Mario’s coaching tree..at a time in his career, mind you, at a time FIU was pinching pennies..go look at the names on the staff then and where they are now..go look at his notorious slow and demanding hiring process..look at his staffs at Oregon and his hiring process there..THIS IS WHAT THE MAN HAS ALWAYS DONE..so 6 weeks or so in his tenure when ppl ( who might have more info on a guy) tell you to chill and here’s why..you should step back..reevaluate your stance..possibly use google or something. Point of all this is simple..relax. Enjoy your evening with Kenneth

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just stop man. Take a break. Maybe research Mario’s coaching tree..at a time in his career, mind you, a time at a FIU that was pinching pennies..go look at the names on his then and where they are now..go look at his notorious slow and demanding hiring process..look at his staffs at Oregon and his hiring process there..THIS IS WHAT THE MAN HAS ALWAYS DONE..so 6 weeks or so in his tenure when ppl ( who might have more info on a guy) tell you to chill and here’s why..you should step back..reevaluate your stance..possibly use google or something. Point of all this is simple..relax. Enjoy your evening with Kenneth
just mute him

Animated GIF

Advertisement
I think I understand it considering I’ve done it. TRob also just happened to be recruiting atlanta the day before he was announced to Bama.

Mario wanting TRob can be debated. He might not have cared. He also probably understands going back to coach at your Alma mater.. it’s also typically in your contract that you notify someone when you have contact with other programs.
20584683-B267-4170-8F6F-AA98343568E8.gif

@Cryptical Envelopment and @OriginalGatorHater you are both bounced from this thread. Carrying over your issues with one another thread to thread is getting tiresome.

Moving forward, if I see one of you respond to the other, quote the other, or even vaguely hint that you are referring to the other, and I see it or it is brought to my attention, I will permanently band you from that thread. You should each just pretend the other does not exist (or place each other on ignore).

Advertisement
@Cryptical Envelopment and @OriginalGatorHater you are both bounced from this thread. Carrying over your issues with one another thread to thread is getting tiresome.

Moving forward, if I see one of you respond to the other, quote the other, or even vaguely hint that you are referring to the other, and I see it or it is brought to my attention, I will permanently band you from that thread. You should each just pretend the other does not exist (or place each other on ignore).
1643337826927.gif

Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF

Advertisement

200.gif

Advertisement

Tuck And Roll GIF by Friday the 13th

Advertisement
Back