Bryan McClendon comin'...aaaannnd he's gone

that's true but you're forgetting the fact the guy trying to hire him now also let him go 6 years ago forcing him to have to leave home and find another job in order to support his family. BMac going to work for Kirby is so cuck shizz and would be on par with Mario coming to Miami to work for Flake. You don't go back to a dude who kicked you to the curb.

New sheriff in town and they usually clean house. You don't keep an assistant head coach when you're the new guy.

You want your guys in there, at least usually.

It sets up for am interesting interview though. Why am I good enough now, but wasn't then?

Had Kirby not taken off, they could've been calling for his head with a native son and former player then coach waiting on staff. Who knows, but keeping guys like this is risky and I'd answer it that way while buttering him up about what he's done since then.

Advertisement
In terms of prestige? Sure.

In terms of living life on a day to day basis? Absolutely not.

Going to live in Tuscaloosa after living in Coral Gables is a massive downgrade. And if the money was even - which it wasn’t - I don’t think Robinson makes the move.
Especially for such a prestiged cb coach. His value holds even through countless terrible hc regimes.

I don’t want to bring back The Wet Blanket of Truth, friends. I try to stay positively positive nowadays.

But I just don’t understand how some of you can see these developments and think they aren’t concerning.

T-Rob gone. McClendon potentially gone. Striking out on Candle and possibly Briles. Turning down Raymond.

For such a supposedly detail oriented guy, Mario sure seems to be getting caught with his pants down quite a bit.

:(

Last edited:
He's a good recruiter...He was overmatched as a DC

But as long as you aren't a ratard recruiter like Mike Rumph...Other guys can recruit very well in the DB capital of the world...Where low 3* are taken every year in the NFL Draft...

Little raise? Sure...50%?? Lol nah T-Rob
Stop with the "anyone can recruit here" we already saw Rumph couldn't do it. Stop with the Miami 3 *s, we saw how that worked out for us for the past 20 years. Coaching matters. We need good coaches.

Everyday our fans get more and more delusional. Just a couple years ago everyone was slurping T Rob because he was going to beat Saban for all the elite DBs he has poached from us for years. Now all of a sudden, an average recruiter is going to beat the combined forces of Saban and T Rob. Give me a break.

Especially for such a prestiged cb coach. His value holds even through countless terrible hc regimes.
"Prestige CB coach"? Are you freaking kidding me? How well did the starting safeties play? Like trash. How well did our starting CBs played? Like Trash. The only ones that played better were the freshmen safeties are they were recruited by the bartender. This CB Robinson is overrated and overpaid. I would have gotten rid of him day one.

Advertisement
I don’t want to bring back The Wet Blanket of Truth, friends. I try to stay positively positive nowadays.

But I just don’t understand how some of you can see these developments and think they aren’t concerning.

T-Rob gone. McClendon potentially gone. Striking out on Candle and possibly Briles.

For such a supposedly detail oriented guy, Mario sure seems to be getting caught with his pants down quite a bit.

:(
You’d like that no?

Stop with the "anyone can recruit here" we already saw Rumph couldn't do it. Stop with the Miami 3 *s, we saw how that worked out for us for the past 20 years. Coaching matters. We need good coaches.

Everyday our fans get more and more delusional. Just a couple years ago everyone was slurping T Rob because he was going to beat Saban for all the elite DBs he has poached from us for years. Now all of a sudden, an average recruiter is going to beat the combined forces of Saban and T Rob. Give me a break.
If we are to go toe to toe with the big dogs we should not lose coaches like trob. Now with bmac potentially getting poached it should raise questions about this “elite salary pool”. But hey I’ll go pound sand for saying a couple weeks ago that as time goes on ponce may become more and more a likely candidate.

"Prestige CB coach"? Are you freaking kidding me? How well did the starting safeties play? Like trash. How well did our starting CBs played? Like Trash. The only ones that played better were the freshmen safeties are they were recruited by the bartender. This CB Robinson is overrated and overpaid. I would have gotten rid of him day one.
Ya he sucks so bad he just got hired by the GOAT football coach who specializes in DBs. Thank god we got rid of that garbage. That Saban guy really doesn't know schit, Bama should hire NDE as their next HC. They would be much better off.

If we are to go toe to toe with the big dogs we should not lose coaches like trob. Now with bmac potentially getting poached it should raise questions about this “elite salary pool”. But hey I’ll go pound sand for saying a couple weeks ago that as time goes on ponce may become more and more a likely candidate.

Exactly, and we had porsters talking about how we were going to be poaching big time coaches from teams like UGA. Meanwhile all I see is us getting poached lmao.

Advertisement
You mean our true freshman safeties playing in a defense that compromises them? Gtfo here. Don’t you remember our experienced cb coach in dvd corchinng our stellar depth at cb from rumph striking out here

Advertisement
But he’s not going there for a promotion. It would be understandable if he got the co-DC title, but he didn’t. It’s a completely lateral move.

Is the potential boost from being on Saban’s staff worth leaving Miami for Tuscaloosa if the pay is the same?
Yea it is because he’s more likely to get a DC job after being under saban than mario… we’ve seen it plenty of times lol

Yea it is because he’s more likely to get a DC job after being under saban than mario… we’ve seen it plenty of times lol
No, that can't be it. Everyone knows Saban and Kirby are ****ing themselves in fear at the thought of Mario being the HC at Miami. They realized their run is up. I am sure someone as close to the program as T-Rob can see this as well. Once Mario gets his players in here, even our analysts will be getting calls to be P5 and NFL HCs.

No, that can't be it. Everyone knows Saban and Kirby are ****ing themselves in fear at the thought of Mario being the HC at Miami. They realized their run is up. I am sure someone as close to the program as T-Rob can see this as well. Once Mario gets his players in here, even our analysts will be getting calls to be P5 and NFL HCs.
haha?

Advertisement
In terms of prestige? Sure.

In terms of living life on a day to day basis? Absolutely not.

Going to live in Tuscaloosa after living in Coral Gables is a massive downgrade. And if the money was even - which it wasn’t - I don’t think Robinson makes the move.
Oh I thought we were talking strictly about the job itself . I don’t think anyone would argue Tuscaloosa is better than Miami . But he’s not a 60 year old man looking to retire . He’s a coach looking to advance his career. You don’t do that by passing on better jobs because of the environment; you suck it up and do what you have to . Furthermore , it’s not like he’s signing on to be In Tuscaloosa for 10 years. These position coaches change places every 2-3 years regardless

T-Rob gone. McClendon potentially gone. Striking out on Candle and possibly Briles. Turning down Raymond
1. T-Rob gone. Boo-*******-hoo. 2. Why? Rusty Mansell of all people came in and said, he isnt the leading candidate, nor is he even considered at the very top. They would have to come in and match money plus a Co-OC title. All it took was some unknown podcaster to say something on Twitter and people went nuts about it... 3. Striking out on Candle, okay. Briles was never offered, this has been turned upside down ad nauseaum. 4. Raymond also wasnt turned down. This story also has been explained numerous times.

I used to remember a time where people went ape**** about hires being done too quickly... Now Mario comes out and says, the staff is 90% done by Friday. Imagine the amount of backlash he will receive for saying that and not keeping his word. It even matches what @Brooklyndee said weeks ago.

Parts of this fanbase really needs to learn how to **** in a toilet and not wet their pants all the **** time.

1. T-Rob gone. Boo-*******-hoo. 2. Why? Rusty Mansell of all people came in and said, he isnt the leading candidate, nor is he even considered at the very top. They would have to come in and match money plus a Co-OC title. All it took was some unknown podcaster to say something on Twitter and people went nuts about it... 3. Striking out on Candle, okay. Briles was never offered, this has been turned upside down ad nauseaum. 4. Raymond also wasnt turned down. This story also has been explained numerous times.

I used to remember a time where people went ape**** about hires being done too quickly... Now Mario comes out and says, the staff is 90% done by Friday. Imagine the amount of backlash he will receive for saying that and not keeping his word. It even matches what @Brooklyndee said weeks ago.

Parts of this fanbase really needs to learn how to **** in a toilet and not wet their pants all the **** time.
Yes people where upset that we went and hired a first time HC within a couple days, without doing a serious search. People are also upset that we have taken a ridiculously long time to hire our staff. if you can't figure out that there is a middle ground, that most intelligent people would be happy with, I don't know what to tell you.

No one here knows if Briles was offered or not. Our "insiders" say he was not. Their insiders say he was. That is why NY said "possibly".

Advertisement
Back