Bryan McClendon comin'...aaaannnd he's gone

Advertisement
Why (don’t you think T-Rob leaving had to do with money)

I can’t speak for Medley, but probably because of all this talk of unlimited resources.

But here are the facts:

It’s been widely reported that T-Rob is making $900k at Bama and was making $600k here.

While no one can say for sure what his motivation for leaving was, I think he’s still at Miami if we match the $900k.

Advertisement
It's easy to say, let's pay the money. You're fighting against home in this battle though. Going up against his Alma mater. The place where he cut is teeth in the coaching game.

That's some tough sledding there.
that's true but you're forgetting the fact the guy trying to hire him now also let him go 6 years ago forcing him to have to leave home and find another job in order to support his family. BMac going to work for Kirby is so cuck shizz and would be on par with Mario coming to Miami to work for Flake. You don't go back to a dude who kicked you to the curb.

It’s been widely reported that T-Rob is making $900k at Bama and was making $600k here.

While no one can say for sure what his motivation for leaving was, I think he’s still at Miami if we match the $900k.
Disagree. Any coach trying to climb the ranks would have a hard to saying no to Saban. The track record of former Saban assistants speaks for itself.

Disagree. Any coach trying to climb the ranks would have a hard to saying no to Saban. The track record of former Saban assistants speaks for itself.

But he’s not going there for a promotion. It would be understandable if he got the co-DC title, but he didn’t. It’s a completely lateral move.

Is the potential boost from being on Saban’s staff worth leaving Miami for Tuscaloosa if the pay is the same?

Advertisement
lol you guys really think Bama and UGA are scared of a school that hasn't won the ACC Coastal but once in 20 years
I do think Saban has respect for Mario and knows what he’s capable of at the least on the recruiting trail . So I don’t think it’s that far fetched to think he took TRob to weaken Mario . TRob was available last year if Saban wanted him so badly otherwise .

But he’s not going there for a promotion. It would be understandable if he got the co-DC title, but he didn’t. It’s a completely lateral move.

Is the potential boost from being on Saban’s staff worth leaving Miami for Tuscaloosa if the pay is the same?
Take off the orange and green glasses, going from Miami to Bama is not a lateral move even if it’s the same exact position . That’s seen as an upgrade by the majority of people that aren’t Canes fans.

And even if it was , look at Saban’s coaching tree and then look at Mario’s. I like Mario but it’s not comparable .

For shts and giggles let’s throw in the higher talent level you have to work with, and the ease of recruiting at Bama . There’s a bunch of reasons besides just money.

Take off the orange and green glasses, going from Miami to Bama is not a lateral move even if it’s the same exact position . That’s seen as an upgrade by the majority of people that aren’t Canes fans.

In terms of prestige? Sure.

In terms of living life on a day to day basis? Absolutely not.

Going to live in Tuscaloosa after living in Coral Gables is a massive downgrade. And if the money was even - which it wasn’t - I don’t think Robinson makes the move.

Advertisement
**** after they take B Mac and T Rob there's no one else on this staff they would want. Look at who Mario has hired other than B Mac, you think they want one of them??? PLEASE
You have to pay these days to keep the best coach/recruiters, that's the name of the game. We have the money now don't we? Well let's fkn use it.
After they take B Mac and T Rob the only one left to poach is Mario himself.

I can’t speak for Medley, but probably because of all this talk of unlimited resources.

But here are the facts:

Ya but I don't blame us for not matching 900k

Advertisement
Why not?

We supposedly have “unlimited funds” now. Mario keeps telling recruits that we’re not going to be second fiddle to anyone in terms of resources, even Bama. So why not match their offer or even top it?

Because although he's a good defensive back coach there are plenty of good defensive back coaches.

Break the bank for an OC...Don't break it for friction' T-Rob

At worst, he’s a Top 10 DB coach in the country. Probably in the Top 5. Those guys don’t grow on trees.

Unless we get Raymond, whoever we bring in is going to be a downgrade.

He's a good recruiter...He was overmatched as a DC

But as long as you aren't a ratard recruiter like Mike Rumph...Other guys can recruit very well in the DB capital of the world...Where low 3* are taken every year in the NFL Draft...

Little raise? Sure...50%?? Lol nah T-Rob

that's true but you're forgetting the fact the guy trying to hire him now also let him go 6 years ago forcing him to have to leave home and find another job in order to support his family. BMac going to work for Kirby is so cuck shizz and would be on par with Mario coming to Miami to work for Flake. You don't go back to a dude who kicked you to the curb.

That or you look at it a different way.

McClendon was the interim coach. He's a local guy, former player, etc.

Smart was new to head coaching. I don't know I'd he kept any of the staff. You want your guys in there

Advertisement
Back