Brown Talks Miami

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Hardee (Fla.) Defensive End Keyon Brown has been receiving mail from over 30 Division one schools since September 1st. Brown has certainly shown schools his talent level throughout this season.

“My season is going pretty good right now. I think I have either 9 or 10 sacks so far this season.”

Brown says his team has been having an on and off season, but that it’s mostly due to preparation

“Last week we had a terrible week of practice and we lost, so thats one of the main things we need to work on right now”

While the Hardee junior is focused on the season, he has kept track of his recruitment.

“It’s been going really good lately, I have filled up two bins of letters since September 1st”

Brown did attend one of the Al Golden Football Camps during the summer, which is where he received not only Defensive Line MVP, but also his first official offer.

“It meant a lot because I wasn’t going there to try and get an offer. It was special.”

Brown has been talking with Miami coach Jethro Franklin mostly and seems to have built a good relationship with him.

“Coach Franklin, he is a great guy, He has a great attitude, and an exciting guy and a great coach.”

Brown does like what Miami has to offer and is considering them.

“The fact that Miami is a well known school, but not too big. I wouldn’t be known as just a football player, I would be known as a person. I would get to know my professors more and talk to them more since it’s not a big school.”

The 2014 pass rusher does also like how Miami is close to home for him and their coaching staff

“It’s not too far away from home, which is kinda a big deal.”

Brown is planning to make a visit to Miami sometime soon, just needs to find a date.

While Brown does not have a decision date set in mind yet, he does know what he is looking for in a school.

“I want a great campus, they have to have my major there, the coaching staff, the atmosphere of the school and playing time.”

Brown compares himself to Indianapolis Colts Defensive End Dwight Freeney.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Love this kid, freak athlete. I been riding the Brown bandwagon since i've heard of him.

Tito, how good is this kid? The fact that they offered him at camp says a lot to me. I have to give our staff a great rating so far on talent eval's.

Advertisement
WANTZ. This is the type of guy we need to be reeling in on that DL...and it sounds like he buying whatever the staff is selling so far.

Advertisement
he from my area. he is basically biggest kid on the field. if people give ray lewis heat than you got to give it to him. some of the schools on his highlights are straight garbage, 1-4 win season garbage. the best thing I heard is he proved it at camp, he could be a athletic d-lineman

This kid and Chad Thomas would be one **** of a haul at defensive end. 2 elite athletes off the edge, exactly what we've been missing.

he from my area. he is basically biggest kid on the field. if people give ray lewis heat than you got to give it to him. some of the schools on his highlights are straight garbage, 1-4 win season garbage. the best thing I heard is he proved it at camp, he could be a athletic d-lineman

Nobody would be complaining bout Ray jr. if he had Browns physical attributes but he doesn't so I'm going continue to say he's not Miami caliber.

Advertisement
He goes to the school who Duke and Norland ran through right? I know they beat some good teams headed to the State title game. I wonder if there are any highlights. Bet he was bullied by Flowers LOL

Advertisement
I'D LOVE TO SEE THE NAME BROWN ON A #98 MIAMI HURRICANE JERSEY....BUT HE WILL HAVE TO EARN THAT HONOR....

Advertisement
Back