Brown: Good Time at Junior Day

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Hardee (Fla.) Defensive End Keyon Brown visited Miami last summer for their camp and he got another opportunity to see the campus for today's Junior Day.

“It was pretty good. We got to see the new facilities and talk to the coach. We all got to talk to Coach Golden for a bit and got to talk to some of the players.”

Brown really enjoyed speaking with current hHrricane players and spoke about what they talked about.

“Talking to the players, they tell you how things really are on the campus. I talked to JaWand Blue, Anthony Chickillo, and Duke Johnson. They talked about how things are during the school year and how the school is.”

Brown was hanging out with other recruits including Kain Daub and Chad Thomas. He spoke about what it was like hanging out with them.

“I hung out with Kain Daub and Chad Thomas, they are great guys. Me and Chad, we know each other from camps and stuff and Kain I have known for a while.”

Brown got the opportunity to speak with coach Golden and really liked his comments.

“He was just asking how I was and how things were going. He was also talking about the new facilities and locker room, which is pretty cool.”

Advertisement
It is like you guys severed the recruiting story jugular and we don't have the correct medical equipment to stop it

the stories are just poring out at uncontrollable rates

Advertisement
The cornermen for the other sites have run out of towels, they are throwing their own shirts off their backs into the ring trying to stop the fight.

Big fan of this guy. Hope he was talking to Jawand Blue about whatever he did to gain 20 pounds of muscle over a 3-4 month period.

Advertisement
Just me, but I don't feel like there's a chance in **** we get this kid

Usually I would agree and think he is UF bound, but I think we have been on him way before UF and he's coming here on his own dime. It's possible that we sell him hard before UF or FSU get a chance and convert him to a 'Cane. He's been down here a few times on his own, which is good news.

Big fan of him as a prospect. This team lacks disruptive defenders...that is exactly what he is.

Last edited:

Had to look up where Hardee is (just East of Sebring). Yeah these areas off the I-27 corridor haven't exactly been friendly to us.

Holds an offer from LSU according to the database. So I'm guessing he's being recruited like a 4 star prospect, correct? And what type of player/game does he posses (speed-rush end, power, combo)?

Great coverage guys.

Had to look up where Hardee is (just East of Sebring). Yeah these areas off the I-27 corridor haven't exactly been friendly to us.

Holds an offer from LSU according to the database. So I'm guessing he's being recruited like a 4 star prospect, correct? And what type of player/game does he posses (speed-rush end, power, combo)?

Great coverage guys.

My thinking is that he'll eventually have offers from just about everyone. He and Chad Thomas were the most impressive D-Linemen at the UA combine. He's supposedly really high on Florida, but they haven't offered, so it's good to be early to the party.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back