Brown Enjoying the Recruiting Process

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Hardee Defensive End Keyon Brown is getting ready to start a new season and hopes that the added years of experience will help his team reach new heights.

“We are excited, were ready to go out there and hit somebody else rather then hitting our own guys over and over again. The difference between this year’s team and last years is the experience. Last year we had I guess what you would call a lot of “rookies” so this year should be different.”

The Hardee defensive end has set some high expectations for next season already and is also hoping to help his team with his play.

“I’m looking to have at least around twenty five sacks and take my team as far as we can make it.”

The 6’3 230 pound defensive end is one of the top prospects in Florida this year and is getting recognized by schools all around the nation.

“The recruiting process has picked up a lot lately, I have a total of twenty offers. It’s not that hectic, I don’t get that many phone calls rather then mail. Right now the recruiting process is kind of fun for me.”

Some of Brown’s latest offers are Mississippi State, Michigan State and Georgia. While there is a dozen number of schools that are after the star prospect; there are three schools in particular he has taken notice of.

“Miami, Florida State, and Georgia are three schools that are really sticking out to me right now.”

When asked about Miami, Brown spoke about the relationship he has with the coaches.

“The relationships I have with the coaches, Coach Franklin and Coach Golden. Also How I feel at home when I’m there and how it feels like a family.”

Another school that does seem to be catching his eye is the Miami rival, Florida State.

“Coach Haggins, I like him a lot, he is really cool, they also have a great defense and the campus is beautiful.”

While Brown is listed as a defensive end, there has been some talk of him playing as a hybrid end/linebacker spot. He gave his thoughts on what it would be like to play that.

“I would like to play it, it would definitely be fun, change it up a little.”

The Wauchula native wants to announce at end of his senior season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
[video=youtube;5sDNMYPOTko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sDNMYPOTko[/video]

[video=youtube;2qbx_60KeuY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qbx_60KeuY[/video]

I think he's more 6'1 than 6'3. Size was a concern from the UF staff's standpoint. Great prospect and pass rusher though. I wish UF would've made an effort to get him.

Advertisement
Miami is in good shape with him but if UF offers he's going there I doubt they will unless he camps there..

Miami is in good shape with him but if UF offers he's going there I doubt they will unless he camps there..

I dont understand why everyone thinks this? Cuz he stated that he desired an offer? We have been leading for a long time now and do not see that changing. He has a great relationship with the coaching staff.

Advertisement

I dont understand why everyone thinks this? Cuz he stated that he desired an offer? We have been leading for a long time now and do not see that changing. He has a great relationship with the coaching staff.

How many times has he even been to UF?

He has been to UF 3 or 4 times the UF staff watched him practice yesterday I still don't think the offer is coming but I have been wrong before

I think he's more 6'1 than 6'3. Size was a concern from the UF staff's standpoint. Great prospect and pass rusher though. I wish UF would've made an effort to get him.

(Not questioning u in a threatening tone)...are u a gator fan?

Advertisement

at least 4 times..
If he's been there so much then he basically knows what it takes for the offer or if he ever will get it

(Not questioning u in a threatening tone)...are u a gator fan?

Yes, I went to and graduated from UF. From Miami but actually grew up a UF fan that always rooted for UM when they weren't playing the Gators. Got into both schools but it wasn't really a hard decision since UM only gave me a scholarship for half of the tuition while at UF I would have had 100% of my tuition paid for coupled wth getting away from home. I went to the the last game in the OB and then when I was a freshman went with my UM friends the the UM vs. FSU game in 2008. We painted our bodies and everything even though our seats were in the FSU student section. We were dejected when it looked like FSU had scored a touchdown but after the replays showed that Fortson dropped the pass we all started celebrating and then remembered where we were. I have a couple of friends that are connected current players. I know you didn't ask for my life story but I felt that it demonstrated where my point of view comes from.

Advertisement
Just to follow up on what Tito reported, these are the highlights from Brown's most recent interview with Florida's Rival's site:
-Worked hard this spring to redefine his body; gained 10 lbs and is up to 240
-Florida State, Florida, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Georgia, Tennessee, Clemson, Michigan State came by this spring
-He wants to visit Tennessee, Georgia, Clemson, and then maybe Florida and Florida State
-Waiting to see if Florida offers him
-Two schools sticking out are Florida State and Georgia. They are tied at top because he talks to them most.
-Miami is "still in there"
-Says Florida would be a top school if they offered but time is running out. He said "I mean I like them, but it is starting to get too late for them. I want to try to narrow things down soon so I really cant wait around I have to think about myself too at some point. My only thing is I don't want to not look at schools that have offered and then have a spot taken at my position."

/// looks like our old most hated school FSU and our new most hated school UGA are 1 and 2 while we sit 3. Still lots of time. I like this kids game so I hope we can close the gap. I think we need 3 defensive ends this year and I want him to be one of them

...also, **** Georgia!

Advertisement
Back