Brothers lands Miami offer, schedules official visit next month

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
For much of the cycle, the recruiting process was pretty quiet for 2019 Rockledge 3-star LB OC Brothers. The 6’2” 220 pound athlete expected to sign with UCF, his verbal commitment at the time, and end his process. However, things have changed in the past two months or so for Brothers, as he decommitted from the Knights in October and started to garner more attention from Power 5 schools. The Miami Hurricanes joined the party last week, as co-DC’s Ephraim Banda and Jon Patke gave Brothers an offer on early signing day.

“Coach Banda sent me a text and told me to call him,” Brothers said. “I called him and he put me on the phone with coach Patke. That’s when Coach Patke gave me the news about the offer. It felt satisfying to know that I’ve achieved a big goal of mine. Having an opportunity to potentially commit and be a Hurricane is something I always dreamed of.”

Although the offer from UM just came last week, Brothers’ relationship with the Miami staff is not new. In fact, the Canes have seen Brothers as a prospect of interest for quite some time now, visiting Brothers multiple times during the contact period in the past month.

“They’ve come by my school plenty of times and my basketball practices,” Brothers said. “I think I have a good relationship with both coach Banda and coach Patke.”

With the Miami offer now in hand, how high would he say his interest is in the Canes?

“Very high. I’ve been a Miami fan my whole life,” Brothers said. “I’ve watched them growing up, watched all their documentaries. It’s just something about the U.”

Earlier this week, Brothers narrowed down his list of suitors and named his final four schools. Those programs? Ole Miss, UNC, Auburn, and, of course, Miami. Of the group, Brothers claims no leaders, but has an idea in mind for when he might announce his choice.

“Around late January is when I’ll be decided,” Brothers said. “I won’t be announcing it until February 6th though.”

Within days of his offer, Brothers scheduled an official visit to Coral Gables to get a better feel of the Miami campus, and it will take place Jan. 18th weekend. Brothers has already seen UNC on an official visit earlier this month and plans to see Ole Miss on an OV the weekend after Miami (Jan. 26th).

When Brothers does come to a final decision, it’s clear educational programs and the love showed by the coaching staff will be big factors in his ultimate choice.

“Just a place that I fit in the locker room and that, if I got hurt, would still be happy being a regular student at their school,” Brothers said. “A school that has good academics and a school that wants me just as much as I want them.”

Advertisement
He plays WR?! His ball skills are better than Cager’s!

Advertisement
Advertisement
You're interested in academics so where would you rather go to school? A. Ole ****
B. The school that has academic violations every year
C. One of the dumbest schools in the SEC
D. A private school thats one of the best in education

Solid recruit, would be a good get, especially considering what's still out there. He would've been a good pickup even in the early signing period.

Hopefully we have a good showing tonight, to help us close strong with the guys that are still out there.

Another example of watch the film not the stars because if we'd have offered him months ago he'd at the very least be a fringe 4* with big upside. Love this kid

Advertisement
The difference between our offense and defense in a nutshell... on offense our fallback options are committed to App State, Cincinnati, etc and have G5 offers.

On defense our fall back options have offers from Auburn, Ole Miss, UNC, Syracuse, etc

Similar star ratings for our fall backs but the offer sheets are completely different.

Advertisement
He belongs here, cant fault the staff for recruiting with integrity, we had 3 guys committed, there was no room, 1 guy decommitted so now their is room. When that is explained to recruits, that's easy for them to understand, and if they get bent out of shape because of it, they dont belong here anyway, part of the weeding out process. This guy seems like he wants to be here!

Kid has not really done a lot of weight training as evidenced by his listed bench press of 235 on HUDL. When he does get into a S&C he will probably be around 240.

Have to assume he will get a rating bump because based on his film and the way he moves he’s rated far too low imo. As others said I think I like this kid more than Solomon. Hits harder, bigger and just as fast if not faster with more length. His arms are long as **** and seem to cover really well

I think Solomon is going to be a great college player, but Brothers may have a higher ceiling

Advertisement
Back