Bright spot: Receivers

Martycane

Sophomore
Rayshawn looked great. RBs are good for the passing game.
And I feel much better about our depth -- Brady and Cager at wr and Herndon and Njoku at TE.
Coley is a mystery.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The routes were better. As I said in another thread, we were actually clearing defenders on a consistent basis. So, that's nice.

The whole "our WRs can't get any separation" thing is overblown because I see lesser talented teams with guys running free against man and zone defenses.

The deep ball Brady caught was a nice one. Nice to see Cager get a couple. I don't know what has happened to Lewis - maybe he never recovered from that horrible ankle injury - he looked better as a true freshman...

Perhaps Coley is still injured....at least I hope that's what it is.....

Rayshawn looked great. RBs are good for the passing game.
And I feel much better about our depth -- Brady and Cager at wr and Herndon and Njoku at TE.
Coley is a mystery.

Advertisement
Loved what I saw from the offense today. Kaaya was clicking, yearby, tight ends, Scott, waters, Brady, cager. Coley needs the ball man, although he had a GREAT block on the Rashawn Scott catch in the 1st quarter.

Nebraska can't cover anyone and has no pass rush. Keep that in mind when trying to grease up the offense.

Advertisement
I've been sweating Coley forever but I'm starting to think I may be wrong. I know he's hurt but that is always the case. I'm downgrading my view until proven otherwise.

I'm very bullish on Herndon and Njoku. Those two look freakish

Advertisement
Coley: 3 games.... 2 catches.... 11 yards. And people said he would our best receiver coming out since Dre. LOL.

Scott should get the game ball in this group Had some fantastic catches, but the block he threw on Herb's bubble was a thing of beauty. Herb Waters earned a ton of respect today. Brady and Cager Look good.

Advertisement
Coley: 3 games.... 2 catches.... 11 yards. And people said he would our best receiver coming out since Dre. LOL.
This is the first game he played all year. Fau game he didn't play and bcu game he got hurt in the 2nd series...

Nebraska can't cover anyone and has no pass rush. Keep that in mind when trying to grease up the offense.

I wouldn't call it a greasing. Coley called a good game for the most part. Dude actually had receivers running inside routes today, so things were better in the passing game. He has some weapons offensively. Scott is becoming that man. Waters is slowly getting there. David is a mismatch where ever he lines up. Herndon is solid. Would love to see Gray work from 21 personnel as a slot receiver. The issue for Coley is consistency and identity. Can he consistently put together methodical drives which result in TDs..points, and whether he will continue looking for physical mismatches with inside receivers in both the running and passing game? That an OL play.

The interception in the end zone that was intended for Dobard was on Coley...he ran a **** poor route. He should have his ran his route a lot more shallow to keep his man away from the deep crossing that Dobard was running. If that happens Dobard beats his man for the TD. Go back and watch the play again.

Advertisement
Back