Brian Polendey

Richt never had a te worth a sh*t...so i expect the same..he doesnt know how to use our **** te's right now.

Not a hater...but Richt hasnt had a te or ran plays for them since his fsu days

Advertisement
Richt never had a te worth a sh*t...so i expect the same..he doesnt know how to use our **** te's right now.

Have to disagree with that. Arthur Lynch and Orson Charles were both recent first team All-SEC players. Randy McMichael was first team all-sec. Ben Watson had an average college career, but he split time with another TE, IIRC.

Have to disagree with that. Arthur Lynch and Orson Charles were both recent first team All-SEC players. Randy McMichael was first team all-sec. Ben Watson had an average college career, but he split time with another TE, IIRC.
Don't forget Leonard Pope

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

We recruited 2 Receiveing TE last year in Irvin jr and Haskins... Polendey is your more Blocking TE..which is fine... they are after Tre McKitty alil bit as well as keeping tabs on Gamble..but if we dont land either, im fine with that..we set at TE for about 4-5 years

UGA in general wasn't a great passing team even with, eventually #1 Matthew Stafford. He's a run-first kinda guy.

Advertisement
Now I don't want to bash this kid cause he has been a solid commitment from the start. But I'm starting to question this staff's TE recruiting ability.

Why not look at Kemore Gamble at Southridge who seems to be a more athletic and more of a traditional Miami TE?

"TE: Brian Polendey – Guyer was forced to start Oklahoma State safety commit Thabo Mwaniki at quarterback because of injury, which meant that Polendey served primarily in a blocking role for the Wildcats in a 35-23 win over Wylie. He did catch one pass for 9 yards and now has 59 receiving yards and a touchdown to his credit this season."

One thing I think Golden and staff did well was recruit TEs or maybe they got lucky.

I've thought the same thing, but admittingly I've never seen the kid's film. And yeah, Golden can be blamed for quite a bit, but he nailed it with TE recruiting, one of the few bright points of his tenure.

Hence why hes now a TE coach! Could Golden be a TE whisperer?

I don't know about that, but I've heard he's a **** whisperer.

you serious??..Arthur Lynch..Orson Charles..Nothing to write home about..and im thinking Randy Mcmichael might have been there before him..cant remember. All i know is we have two tes currently that legit arent being used right..n are being split ot wide too much taking away trheir advantages

you serious??..Arthur Lynch..Orson Charles..Nothing to write home about..and im thinking Randy Mcmichael might have been there before him..cant remember. All i know is we have two tes currently that legit arent being used right..n are being split ot wide too much taking away trheir advantages

Your argument makes him look better, since he produced first team all-sec players that have average talent. McMichael was an honorable mention selection, the year before Richt got to UGA. He made 1st team during his only season with Richt.

I agree that we're misusing our TEs. I'd like to see our TEs running more delays and seems out of the RPO (especially, if opposing defenses keep sitting their safeties). However, you can't argue against the fact that as a HC, he's had relatively high-level production from the TE position.

Advertisement

Randy McMichael 1999-2002
Benjamin Watson 2001-2004
Leonard Pope 2003-2006
Bruce Figgins 2007-2010
Orson Charles 2009-2011
Arthur Lynch 2010-2013

All of those dudes played for Richt and played in the NFL

It's funny when people are dead wrong then decide to double down with more bull****.

Leonard Pope 2003-2006
Bruce Figgins 2007-2010
Orson Charles 2009-2011
Arthur Lynch 2010-2013

lol we cry for years about losing charles, and now Richt can't get TE's, my gawd

When Jimmy Graham was ripping apart the NFL as a TE for the Saints he had a law suit in court about being listed as a WR for contract purposes rather than a TE. His main argument was that he was lining up wide instead of next to the o-line. So your argument is they are lining up our receiving TEs and trying to use them like the Saints used Graham?

From my understanding the advantage is that they would be too tall and big to be covered by CBs and too athletic for LBs to keep up with them. Putting them out wide should make it so whoever is covering them has to do it alone rather than them being up in the wash of linemen, LBs, and anybody in the backfield who might be blitzing taking a chip shot at them on the way in and disrupting their route.

Advertisement

Leonard Pope 2003-2006
Bruce Figgins 2007-2010
Orson Charles 2009-2011
Arthur Lynch 2010-2013

lol we cry for years about losing charles, and now Richt can't get TE's, my gawd

who the f is "we"?.

You must of been crying about a kid from Tampa Plant...

When Jimmy Graham was ripping apart the NFL as a TE for the Saints he had a law suit in court about being listed as a WR for contract purposes rather than a TE. His main argument was that he was lining up wide instead of next to the o-line. So your argument is they are lining up our receiving TEs and trying to use them like the Saints used Graham?

From my understanding the advantage is that they would be too tall and big to be covered by CBs and too athletic for LBs to keep up with them. Putting them out wide should make it so whoever is covering them has to do it alone rather than them being up in the wash of linemen, LBs, and anybody in the backfield who might be blitzing taking a chip shot at them on the way in and disrupting their route.

Jimmy Graham is like 6'8 brah.

We have our 6'3 guys out there being covered rather easily all year...

Advertisement
When it comes to recruiting, high school stats are low on the list for some positions. You need to look at the role they're being asked to play. We will want him to be more like a 6th OL and play on the line.

That said, I've never thought he was good enough to play here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back