Brian Johnson

jmiller

Redshirt Freshman
Currently the Qb coach for UF and coached with Manny back at Mississippi state. Not who I want by any means but this is unfortunately the type of hire I'm expecting. I could see him being the guy ( I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit). Lord help us

Advertisement
You never know, but this next hire will be the most important in Manny's career. He can't mess it up.

Advertisement
Currently the Qb coach for UF and coached with Manny back at Mississippi state. Not who I want by any means but this is unfortunately the type of hire I'm expecting. I could see him being the guy ( I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit). Lord help us
What's your SOURCES.

What's your SOURCES.

he's not saying this will be the guy...pretty sure you can look up the name of the qb coach at Florida and find his bio and connect the dots. If the guy can bring Mullen's offense here, in principle, would not be a bad thing (seeing how some wanted Mullen to be HC here). Just don't know if Diaz can roll the dice on a relative unknown like this.

There seems to be some smoke building for Coley.

Look at it like this.

Manny has 1 more shot. If he fails, which is about 80% likely, he’ll be gone.

I’m not really worried. Odds are stacked against him. If Manny goes so will Blake

Advertisement
JMO but I think the next OC is going to be ..

A. Someone Manny has a prior relationship with because it's going to be hard to find a complete stranger whose willing to jump into this firestorm with him.

B. Someone who doesn't have much to lose if he comes here and things dont work out. What does a guy like Brian Johnson have to lose by coming here? Not like he's got a bunch of schools begging for his services.

Not saying Johnson is the guy but he's the type of hire I'm expecting. Hopefully I'm wrong and we get someone more qualified.

Advertisement
There seems to be some smoke building for Coley.

Look at it like this.

Manny has 1 more shot. If he fails, which is about 80% likely, he’ll be gone.

I’m not really worried. Odds are stacked against him. If Manny goes so will Blake
Yeah let’s get someone who failed with a stacked roster, draft prospect qb, and elite trench recruiting!!
Only smoke is the one your trying to blow up people’s ***.

I mentioned this the other day.

Would be underwhelming at best but in a co-coordinator role with a well regarded OL coach it could work.

Advertisement
Any play calling experience? If not then no thank you.

I don’t want someone who might bring “coach X’s offense”.

I want coach X.

I know it’s not possible, but I want an Art Briles, not an underling.

Advertisement
Back