Brian Daboll new HC of the Giants

Let Ken prove himself in the Nfl as a Oc then come step up to the Acc level at Miami. He needs to earn his stripes bro.
I think people had questions about recruiting bc he’s never done that but hes been known to prefer the nfl over college and shows w his career moves. He seems to prefer to coach and not be a gm etc

Advertisement
You really are a tool…you forgot the context where I said fans have been clamoring for him as oc for a decade because he was a former Miami qb. Your argument is it was justified all this time because it looks like he’s going to be an oc now, which only makes sense to homers. I mean I know fans were right about Shannon, richt and diaz being great hires due to their Miami connections. And let’s all pray we finally land reed and Lewis as defensive coaches so they get their wish again. Bottom line is much more qualified coaches with Miami ties have failed spectacularly here, yet fans continually pine for their fantasy staffs instead of just the best coach available. Again For the record, Im a fan of Dorsey’s and hope he is successful but this prerequisite among fans and admin of being a Miami guy to coach here has failed for 20 years. Hopefully Mario puts an end to that.
Fans didn’t start clamoring for Dorsey a decade ago , my god. He’d just retired around then. This is the first time there was an opening here and a good amount of people were in Dorseys corner for oc.

We’re discussing the dumb assess acting like this job was above him when it was clearly below him, and made no professional sense , minus coming home and his relationship with Mario. I was literally arguing this with fools weeks ago. A guy that’s highly respected around the league and about to be a oc can’t be a oc at Miami. Only somebody lacking knowledge about the NFL or his career would say we wouldn’t know who he was if he wasn’t a former Cane. The idiots saying that were either trolling or doesn’t watch a lick of pro ball.

You really are a tool…you forgot the context where I said fans have been clamoring for him as oc for a decade because he was a former Miami qb. Your argument is it was justified all this time because it looks like he’s going to be an oc now, which only makes sense to homers. I mean I know fans were right about Shannon, richt and diaz being great hires due to their Miami connections. And let’s all pray we finally land reed and Lewis as defensive coaches so they get their wish again. Bottom line is much more qualified coaches with Miami ties have failed spectacularly here, yet fans continually pine for their fantasy staffs instead of just the best coach available. Again For the record, Im a fan of Dorsey’s and hope he is successful but this prerequisite among fans and admin of being a Miami guy to coach here has failed for 20 years. Hopefully Mario puts an end to that.
When porsters resort to insults it speaks for itself.
The context is all over that thread. I don't have to make my case. Sensible posters can decide for themselves. In that thread, you ignorantly argued with at least 3 posters about the garbage you were dishing out. For me case is closed.

By the way, thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Fans didn’t start clamoring for Dorsey a decade ago , my god. He’d just retired around then. This is the first time there was an opening here and a good amount of people were in Dorseys corner for oc.

We’re discussing the dumb assess acting like this job was above him when it was clearly below him, and made no professional sense , minus coming home and his relationship with Mario. I was literally arguing this with fools weeks ago. A guy that’s highly respected around the league and about to be a oc can’t be a oc at Miami. Only somebody lacking knowledge about the NFL or his career would say we wouldn’t know who he was if he wasn’t a former Cane. The idiots saying that were either trolling or doesn’t watch a lick of pro ball.
Thank you @Cribby
He won't dare call you a "tool" though. lol

Advertisement
I think people had questions about recruiting bc he’s never done that but hes been known to prefer the nfl over college and shows w his career moves. He seems to prefer to coach and not be a gm etc
Nah it was majority “ he’d never called plays bro”. Last time I checked a lot of oc’s and dc’s are first time play callers. **** majority of the coaches being hired in the league are first timers lol. I said weeks ago we’d be lucky to have Ken or Spencer here as oc’s. Especially with the trajectory of their careers. Both are highly respected cats and smart as ****.

The funny thing about your comment about bolstering the Buffalo defense is that defense was No1 in the NFL in both points allowed and total defense(yards allowed). What needs bolstering is Leslie Frasier's brain. His play calls in the last 13 seconds were an absolute abomination. A sham and the very definition of incompetence. I would have fired him on the spot and no I'm not kidding.
Yes, I was clearly thinking of the KC game.

So everyone who *****ed and complained that Dorsey needed to be an oc first calling plays before he could do it at Miami. Y’all are stupid. He is going to be an nfl oc without doing it in college for a reason.
Whatever Dorsey will become this might be the worst argument for those all in on him. The NFL wants him. So what? Is the NFL the one league where no one ever gets a hire wrong? Only the Texans hire people that no one thinks highly of.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nah it was majority “ he’d never called plays bro”. Last time I checked a lot of oc’s and dc’s are first time play callers. **** majority of the coaches being hired in the league are first timers lol. I said weeks ago we’d be lucky to have Ken or Spencer here as oc’s. Especially with the trajectory of their careers. Both are highly respected cats and smart as ****.
Is Whipple a legit candidate for the OC job or are we just speculating with him? Seems like at the moment, Joe Brady and him are the names popping up most, and also that Coen news this week.

I agree with all this.

My contention was with the mentally deformed among the crowd who somehow believed that regardless of his preferred career aspirations, Ken "wasn't qualified" to be the OC/QB coach at UM. That's like saying Jackie Stewart isn't qualified to drive your kid to school

Advertisement
The basics are the Miami connection thing is a tails I win heads you lose scenario (with few exceptions)..

on the one hand it’s fundamentally true that every time there is an opening Miami alum are mentioned instantly for every role even if not qualified and not qualified also includes the greatest players in history that have not done one bit of the work to show that they can translate that to being a good coach….

as well as dismissal of Miami alum who are in fact great candidates who have done the work and have the resume of highly sought after coaches in college or pros that people dismiss BECAUSE they went to Miami and the previous point by way of referencing the previous point or something like Dorsey not calling plays (despite so much counter facts there) to make their dismissal of the candidacy seem legit to them.

both are stupid.

Advertisement

I don't think people quite understand that an NFL QB Coach with a passing game coordinator gimmick attached to their title is actually above a Power 5 offensive coordinator job in the pecking order.

UVA and GaTech hired NFL position coaches to be OC. Anything above that in the NFL is a downgrade to P5 OC outside of very few jobs that would be willing to pay a ridiculous sum.

It’s 2022. It started almost immediately when he started coaching in 2013, 9 years ago, and hit fever pitch when cam won mvp in 2015. That’s 7 years ago. And I haven’t seen a single other qb coach be mentioned by fans for an oc position at Miami. The main reason why he is mentioned by Miami fans is the Miami connection, that’s my point. People would not bring his name up for Miami oc without their familiarity with his history at Miami. And I’m talking about who fans wanted or mentioned, not who the admin was willing to consider.

Kenny D won us an NC. We wouldn't have won if he had gone down and Troy Prasek/Derek Crudup was at the helm. And he was jobbed out of two more NC's. He didn't have the physical traits to flourish in the NFL. But mentally, he is more than capable. He was instrumental in leading one of the NFL's best offenses and QB's. One that scored TD's on all 7 possessions (minus kneel down at end of game) in a playoff game vs a Belichick defense. Anyone who thinks Dorsey isn't qualified to be OC at The U is simply an idiot. Kinda like the dude on here back in the day who had "We're on the GOLDEN Road to a Title" as his signature. For goodness sake Dan Enos was OC here and Dorsey isn't qualified???

Advertisement
Back