Brian Blades ll

Advertisement
Advertisement
Patchan would have been a good legacy for us had he remained healthy.
[/QUOTE/]

There’s a reason two years in a row UM is going after upperclassmen in the portal at DE. There’s a reason why Patchan himself entered the transfer portal even after being healthy for almost two full years. The reason is he is not a Miami caliber player. Heck, he’s not even a power 5 caliber talent.

Need more facts...He had his chance as a senior and got outplayed by everyone behind him. He was even worse in his earlier years. Patchan has no burst. He is slow off the snap. He has no bend. He has terrible balance. His pass rushing skills overall are god awful. He is an average tackler. He is average at setting the edge in the run game. That is not what we want here at UM.

Javarris James was not a Miami caliber back.

He was a "****** mid-00's Miami" caliber back. Not "elite national-championship contending program" caliber back.

James had some good games as Cane. He had over 100 yards rushing against FSU. He was much better than 5.0 40 Dallas Crawford. He’s better than Robert Burns on the roster now. James isn’t starting caliber IMO but he was no slouch.

Last edited:
I'm by no means a recruiting guru but HOPEFULLY this staff is well off the legacy BS. Not saying Blades doesn't deserve an offer, but I'm tired of dudes getting them because of the name. Among the underperformers/busts:

-Javarris James
-AJ Highsmith
-Scott Patchan
-Ray Lewis III
-Kevin Olsen
-Evidence Njoku

Patchan catches a little too much flack IMO but definitely isn't great, Baby J was OK, Blades is looking like the best of the bunch. The rest were insignificant to disastrous. And I know I'm forgetting several, but can't think of any that were truly good.
Evidence had all the physical talent worthy of a UM offer. It was all mental for him.

Advertisement
And did absolutely nothing in the league. So Miami is Florida now?

Apparently this entire board forgot our standards.

"Our" standards?
Lol.
You're clowning a Cane because he was merely a good RB, not elite like Gore, Edge, McGahee, etc.....every program needs good college football players to supplement their stars. Javaris, Pat Bethel are good players worthy of their scholarships at UM or anywhere else for that matter. For every Ed Reed, you still need a James Lewis, McKinnie an Ed Wilkins and so on.

James had some good games as Cane. He had over 100 yards rushing against FSU. He was much better than 5.0 40 Dallas Crawford. He’s better than Robert Burns on the roster now. James isn’t starting caliber IMO but he was no slouch.

Dallas Crawford was not a Miami caliber back either and Robert Burns is an entirely unproven commodity who's only getting the benefit of the doubt because he's been hurt since I was an undergrad.

It seems like most of you are forgetting we have 5 RB's in the top 50 NFL all-time leading rushers.

Advertisement
Dallas Crawford was not a Miami caliber back either and Robert Burns is an entirely unproven commodity who's only getting the benefit of the doubt because he's been hurt since I was an undergrad.

It seems like most of you are forgetting we have 5 RB's in the top 50 NFL all-time leading rushers.

Again we play in the acc.....you just dont get it

Straight foolishness in this thread. Without a doubt J James was worthy of a scholarship here. He was productive for us.

I'm by no means a recruiting guru but HOPEFULLY this staff is well off the legacy BS. Not saying Blades doesn't deserve an offer, but I'm tired of dudes getting them because of the name. Among the underperformers/busts:

-Javarris James
-AJ Highsmith
-Scott Patchan
-Ray Lewis III
-Kevin Olsen
-Evidence Njoku

Patchan catches a little too much flack IMO but definitely isn't great, Baby J was OK, Blades is looking like the best of the bunch. The rest were insignificant to disastrous. And I know I'm forgetting several, but can't think of any that were truly good.

Javarris James is 8th all-time on the UM career rushing list.

Advertisement
There are probably 5-6 years out of the last 30 of UM that includes dynasties...Where Javarris James couldn't make a 4 man UM depth chart. Maybe 2 where he couldn't crack the top 5?

He was a definite take and a decent back here and played in the NFL. You probably don't want him to be your #1 on most teams but overall...What's the problem with Javarris James? Not a big play back, but got tough yards and like his cuz had good feet. Could catch it too.

Advertisement
Back