Brian Blades ll

Advertisement
I'm by no means a recruiting guru but HOPEFULLY this staff is well off the legacy BS. Not saying Blades doesn't deserve an offer, but I'm tired of dudes getting them because of the name. Among the underperformers/busts:

-Javarris James
-AJ Highsmith
-Scott Patchan
-Ray Lewis III
-Kevin Olsen
-Evidence Njoku

Patchan catches a little too much flack IMO but definitely isn't great, Baby J was OK, Blades is looking like the best of the bunch. The rest were insignificant to disastrous. And I know I'm forgetting several, but can't think of any that were truly good.
Javarris was a decent RB here. You're probably thinking of Jeff James. And Patchan was derailed by injuries but finally contributed last year. He was a big recruit too. Evidence had and still has plenty of potential. I don't question bringing him in at all. Olsen was one of the biggest QB recruits in the country, he was a head case but didn't get a "legacy" offer. That's just ridiculous. Lewis and Highsmith were not P5 talents and shouldn't have been recruited here, although our safety depth was so bad AJ had to start there.

Would Javarris James have been in the rotation at running back the last few years? I really don't think so. We're talking about a guy with a career 4.3 ypc average. He was probably worth the scholarship but his most productive year was his freshman season where Tyrone Moss got hurt and they had nobody else to give the ball to. Honestly look at the pathetic group of skill position players on that 2006 team. But I digress.

Some legacies belonged. Others didn't. Guys like Patchan and Olsen were highly recruited guys. They weren't just handed a scholarship because of their last name. Guys like AJ Highsmith and Ray Lewis III were borderline takes for Miami and probably wouldn't have been offered if not for family ties.

Advertisement
Would Javarris James have been in the rotation at running back the last few years? I really don't think so. We're talking about a guy with a career 4.3 ypc average. He was probably worth the scholarship but his most productive year was his freshman season where Tyrone Moss got hurt and they had nobody else to give the ball to. Honestly look at the pathetic group of skill position players on that 2006 team. But I digress.

Some legacies belonged. Others didn't. Guys like Patchan and Olsen were highly recruited guys. They weren't just handed a scholarship because of their last name. Guys like AJ Highsmith and Ray Lewis III were borderline takes for Miami and probably wouldn't have been offered if not for family ties.

What rotation though....we basically typically ran 1 dude into the dirt.

I think Javaris would of played over Cam Harris.

Well he did make it the the NFL, so yes he was worthy of a ship

Yea....OK BRAH.

Javarris James rushed for over 2k yards here. He shouldnt be on the list you put up...he was worth the scholly.

I can't imagine being this stupid, BRAH

Yeah, this looks like a Miami-caliber back.

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 7.26.20 PM.png

Advertisement
Javarris was a decent RB here. You're probably thinking of Jeff James. And Patchan was derailed by injuries but finally contributed last year. He was a big recruit too. Evidence had and still has plenty of potential. I don't question bringing him in at all. Olsen was one of the biggest QB recruits in the country, he was a head case but didn't get a "legacy" offer. That's just ridiculous. Lewis and Highsmith were not P5 talents and shouldn't have been recruited here, although our safety depth was so bad AJ had to start there.

I know the difference between Jeff James and Javarris James, but thanks for telling me what I'm thinking. I'm sure you know better than I do.

You're literally pointing at several dudes who did literally **** **** at Miami. Maybe if they weren't legacies, the evaluation wouldn't have been clouded? Maybe if they weren't legacies, they would have worked harder?

Advertisement
Advertisement
For reference, Cam Harris averaged 5.1 yards per carry and Deejay Dallas 5.8 yards per carry last season with the worst line in P5 blocking for them. James averaged 4.6, 3.7, 4.2, and 4.8 for his career. He wasn’t a scrub but he tends to get remembered as a much better back than he really was. As for his cup of coffee in the NFL, Joe Yearby is the only Miami starting running back who didn’t play in the NFL in like the last 20 years so that’s not really saying much. Mike James and Damien Berry played in the NFL too.

Advertisement
Back