Brevyn Jones, transfer portal OL

Advertisement
Kinda reminds me of Zion Nelson. That’s not a bad thing. I believe he took a redshirt last season.

I wonder if Miami would have to choose between a transfer kid or Willie Moise or can they somehow take both?

Don't think Miami can take both. NCAA might loosen up on some rules given the carowner virus situation, but unless that happens, I think Miami only has one spot left. Moise would be the choice.

If the come in the summer i think Miami would be able to count them towards '21. but i could be wrong.

Advertisement
Given the uncertainty around the pandemic I wouldn’t take any other grad transfers at the moment unless they are high level talent.

Advertisement
With Moise supposedly getting the score, I doubt we take any. From what it seems like, we are full focus on the 2021 class.

But I do think Transfers should not count against the initial 25.

Advertisement
If the come in the summer i think Miami would be able to count them towards '21. but i could be wrong.

I asked that in other threads and was told that's not allowed. I wish we knew the facts here. Agree with 2.0 that those scholarships are precious. But if workable grad transfer OTs become available, it is worth using one, even two to get them.

Advertisement
Stick with the guy who has been committed to us for 2 years over some guy who couldn't make it work at Mississippi state
They have a new head coach, How do you know why it didn’t work for him at MSU?

Can we assume that he wouldn’t be immediately eligible to play in 2020? If so, I would expect us to pass.

He‘s listed at 6’4”, 261. We need immediate OL help. Not a future developmental recruit.

Last edited:
That’s not the first second or third time that bum has been wrong

2.0 is both wrong and stubborn. He acts like a clown under his current screen name, as well as his original screen name.

2. Blueshirting a player to manipulate class sizes is no longer an option.

A blueshirt is any non-recruited football player who arrives and acquires a scholarship after preseason camp begins . Although the player is in the same class as other freshmen, under the previous rule, he could have been counted forward into the next signing class, giving coaches a work-around to the 25-player limit. Coaches can no longer count that player forward and must include him in the same class as other freshmen.

The new policy focuses on closing this loophole more than any other, said Kris Richardson, the NCAA associate director for academic and membership affairs.

“This new rule really takes a run at this phenomenon of the blueshirt,” Richardson said. “Those are the young men who are coming in that fall practice on the promise of, ‘I might have a scholarship for you,’ instead of having a scholarship in hand when they come in for fall practice.

It could be transfers or high school students who are the good but not great.”

Advertisement
Back