Brevin Status

edge

Junior
Brevin was reported healthy last week but did not play due to Covid. Does anyone know if he practiced last week? If he did, that means he got put on Covid list late last week and will miss next game. Dammmitttt mane!

Advertisement
Manny said last Monday he was healthy and practicing. Thought he would play.

Manny said last Monday he was healthy and practicing. Thought he would play.
Best case scenario they held him out one More week for precaution. Second best scenario he is in contract tracing. Worst scenario is he suddenly needs shoulder surgery.

Brevin was reported healthy last week but did not play due to Covid. Does anyone know if he practiced last week? If he did, that means he got put on Covid list late last week and will miss next game. Dammmitttt mane!

Who Is This GIF

Advertisement
At this point does he even play another game as a Cane?
I think it would be a mistake for Jordan to turn pro after this year. He hasn't had a full season, needs to be a better blocker, and he still needs to develop physically.

With a lot of TEs putting up numbers this year, Jordan is going to wind up a 4th or 5th round pick if he leaves this year because teams are going to look at him as injury prone. He really needs a full season under his belt with elite level play to be that 1st or early 2nd round draft pick.

True, but severe drop off with Hodges and Mam. We need both of these dudes playing.

Although Hodges should have had a TD if not for the mugging that was not called.
Im not into splitting hairs but i can see it...

Advertisement
I think it would be a mistake for Jordan to turn pro after this year. He hasn't had a full season, needs to be a better blocker, and he still needs to develop physically.

With a lot of TEs putting up numbers this year, Jordan is going to wind up a 4th or 5th round pick if he leaves this year because teams are going to look at him as injury prone. He really needs a full season under his belt with elite level play to be that 1st or early 2nd round draft pick.
While I do agree with you, feels like more than a few Canes have not made the best decisions on whether or not to come out especially the last few years. Hoping the best for him either way.

Here is your list of round 1 TE's since 2010: Jermaine Gresham, Tyler Eifert, Eric Ebron, OJ Howard, Evan Ingram, David Njoku, Hayden Hurst, TJ Hockenson, Noah Fant.

Its too early to tell on Hockenson and Fant, but with the rest of them I'd suggest their teams all wish they would have used that pick differently. Good organizations do not draft TE's in the first round. Of the guys above only 1 (Hurst / Baltimore) was selected by a strong organization and they already moved on from the guy -- the others (Cincy (2), Detroit (2), NYG, Denver, CLE).

I don't see Jordan as a Rd 1 guy just based on the dynamics of the TE position even before accounting for the injury history. Like RB's, I think the sweet spot for value on top TEs is 2nd-3rd and Brevin shouldn't make a decision based on trying to be a first rounder.

Given Brevin had that cryptic post the week before I would think decent shot he plays but who knows

While I do agree with you, feels like more than a few Canes have not made the best decisions on whether or not to come out especially the last few years. Hoping the best for him either way.
Yes, but to this point, nobody has played good enough to even think about coming out.

King probably leaves if he continues to have elite level games. I think Cam leaves regarless and will be an UFA. He'll have even less carries next year and probably get passed by Chaney and perhaps Knighton so he's gone for sure. I think Phillips returns. He's been good, but needs another year to prove to the scouts thst he's back.

Advertisement
Here is your list of round 1 TE's since 2010: Jermaine Gresham, Tyler Eifert, Eric Ebron, OJ Howard, Evan Ingram, David Njoku, Hayden Hurst, TJ Hockenson, Noah Fant.

Its too early to tell on Hockenson and Fant, but with the rest of them I'd suggest their teams all wish they would have used that pick differently. Good organizations do not draft TE's in the first round. Of the guys above only 1 (Hurst / Baltimore) was selected by a strong organization and they already moved on from the guy -- the others (Cincy (2), Detroit (2), NYG, Denver, CLE).

I don't see Jordan as a Rd 1 guy just based on the dynamics of the TE position even before accounting for the injury history. Like RB's, I think the sweet spot for value on top TEs is 2nd-3rd and Brevin shouldn't make a decision based on trying to be a first rounder.
Agreed. I did say 1st-2nd round. Leaving this year he could fall to 4th-5th rounds or worse just because of the number of TEs available that have had production. Ad in injuries and lack of blocking, there you go.

If you asked me in the offseason I would have thought it was a foregone conclusion he’d declare, and knowing our luck he will probably still bounce but I really think Brevin needs to come back next year. He’s been great but just hasn’t been on the field nearly enough. He needs to prove that he can put a full, healthy season together.

Hopefully he can get back this week and close the season out strong but even if he does, I think he’d benefit greatly from returning for his senior season.

Advertisement

Agreed here. TE's are a bit a dime a dozen in today's NFL and even elite guys like Kelce, Kittle, Ertz and Gronk went after the 1st round. Not to say that a team won't reach for 1 in the first but unless you are a generational talent at the position (which Brevin isn't), it's probably not wise to draft one that early

I'd be surprised if Jordan returns. He's going to get drafted, somewhere in say round 3 or 4. Unless he and his advisors think his stock could go way up with a healthy, productive year, the numbers say go out.

Have your degree first and foremost. Make sure you will get drafted---not these Bandy/Thomas situations. Then, unless you think you could become a round 1/high round 2 guy by waiting a year (unlikely), the numbers say get that rookie contrct started so can actually negotiate after it expires.

Advertisement
Back