Brevin Jordan is a BEAST

Lol; ummm, I love B Jordan, and he’s been our best TE in some time (no disrespect to Clive, Njoku, or Herndon)...but Kellen was a freak of nature. Dude was a WR that was in a TE body. B Jordan gotta long way to be compared to That Soldier. ****, if KWII has his head on str8, my guy would’ve been a no doubt HOFer, but he liked crashing bikes and stroking the chicken too much. Lol
Jordan is basically a wide receiver in a te body too. What tight end moves like Jordan? Doesn’t happen often. Not going to compare him to Winslow because he went what 6th overall? But Jordan is definitely a stud for sure

Advertisement
Advertisement
Glad he passes the eyes test...
Guy dropped an easy ball last game.
For 1st round let's see more.
Love him but play like one.

Looked like it was tipped shortly before getting to him...Very tough to adjust that fast, esp on a ball that had zip

He did look pretty fast on that one catch and run.

yep... I haven’t seen a TE run like that since Kellen Winslow. Winslow was more aggressive going for those 50/50 balls and just had an intimidating presence on the field.. straight bully. But speed and overall combination of size and athleticism is **** near identical.

Advertisement
Looked like it was tipped shortly before getting to him...Very tough to adjust that fast, esp on a ball that had zip
Not if your a first round talent, make it happen kid!
I get what your saying, but talent figures it out!

yep... I haven’t seen a TE run like that since Kellen Winslow. Winslow was more aggressive going for those 50/50 balls and just had an intimidating presence on the field.. straight bully. But speed and overall combination of size and athleticism is **** near identical.

Winslow moved better. Winslow had better hands. Winslow was MUCH more of a savage on the field, and he posted an 11/122/1 TD stat line in a national title game, won the Mackey and was the sixth overall pick. Until I see Brevin do ANYTHING NEAR the catch Winslow made against WVU, he's Clive Walford.

Stop. Just stop with this nonsense.

Next Dee Wiggins is gonna be Andre Johnson.

Winslow moved better. Winslow had better hands. Winslow was MUCH more of a savage on the field, and he posted an 11/122/1 TD stat line in a national title game, won the Mackey and was the sixth overall pick. Until I see Brevin do ANYTHING NEAR the catch Winslow made against WVU, he's Clive Walford.

Stop. Just stop with this nonsense.

Next Dee Wiggins is gonna be Andre Johnson.
Brevin is a beast, but no where near the level Winslow was. Winslow was the best tight end to play college football, IMO. If there was a better all around tight end during their college career, I want to know who that was/is. Not saying it transferred over to the NFL, but he was insane while in college. There were no weaknesses in his game.

We forget he was probably the best football player on the field if he didn't happen to be teammates with Sean Taylor. Those two were men among boys.

Back to Brevin...I am very high on him and think he can be that elite TE. Was on his way there last year before the injury, so I can see the comparisons to Winslow. If he gets to Winslow's level, that would be amazing.

Brevin is a beast, but no where near the level Winslow was. Winslow was the best tight end to play college football, IMO. If there was a better all around tight end during their college career, I want to know who that was/is. Not saying it transferred over to the NFL, but he was insane while in college. There were no weaknesses in his game.

We forget he was probably the best football player on the field if he didn't happen to be teammates with Sean Taylor. Those two were men among boys.

Back to Brevin...I am very high on him and think he can be that elite TE. Was on his way there last year before the injury, so I can see the comparisons to Winslow. If he gets to Winslow's level, that would be amazing.

Accurate. If not for the early injuries (and probably the mental issues), Winslow Jr. spends ten years as the best TE in the league. To put it simply, Winslow catches that pass for a TD that Brevin didn't against UF.

I take zero issue with Brevin. He has the makings of a monster, is a great 'Cane and a great (and much better) representative for The U. But until he takes over a big game and is consistently the best player on the field, the comparison is borderline insane. If you want to compare people just on size and speed, you could probably pick a guy off the street with comparable abilities. Until you put it on the field for a CAREER (let alone just one complete season... or game?), there is no comparison.

While it's fine to say "he's physically similar to Winslow" (which is true), it doesn't make him the football player (aka F#%@ING SOLDIER) Winslow was.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back