Brevin’s Mentality

This was posted in his Pro Day thread but imo it needs its own. This is really what it’s all about to me. This is what being a Cane really means, and he should be celebrated a lot more than he’s being by the fans of this program.

Absolutely, the greats here are measured by their individual and team success. And of course while Brevin was here, we didn’t win anything of note. In addition, he battled some injuries that caused him to miss time. But really watch what this kid says in this clip. Feel his love for this program, for those who came before him. We talk all the time about “I want kids who want to be Canes.” Welp, you got a big one right here. “When I go to my grave I’ll have a University of Miami jersey on”. ****. I wish we had 85 kids like this, we’d have a ridiculously good program.

But say what you want about the kid, how high he’ll be drafted, if he was injury prone, made a bad decision to leave, all that. But you can’t question the one thing we all want more than anything from the kids who come here and that’s to give a **** about this program and to bleed orange and green. This was not a stepping stone to future endeavors. This was a commitment to make himself and this program the best it could be.

Good luck to this kid at the next level. Of course I pull for all Canes, as we all do, but this dude has been special to me since his Gorman days for just the way he has fully embraced what it means to be a Hurricane. TEU is gonna produce another good one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This was posted in his Pro Day thread but imo it needs its own. This is really what it’s all about to me. This is what being a Cane really means, and he should be celebrated a lot more than he’s being by the fans of this program.

Absolutely, the greats here are measured by their individual and team success. And of course while Brevin was here, we didn’t win anything of note. In addition, he battled some injuries that caused him to miss time. But really watch what this kid says in this clip. Feel his love for this program, for those who came before him. We talk all the time about “I want kids who want to be Canes.” Welp, you got a big one right here. “When I go to my grave I’ll have a University of Miami jersey on”. ****. I wish we had 85 kids like this, we’d have a ridiculously good program.

But say what you want about the kid, how high he’ll be drafted, if he was injury prone, made a bad decision to leave, all that. But you can’t question the one thing we all want more than anything from the kids who come here and that’s to give a **** about this program and to bleed orange and green. This was not a stepping stone to future endeavors. This was a commitment to make himself and this program the best it could be.

Good luck to this kid at the next level. Of course I pull for all Canes, as we all do, but this dude has been special to me since his Gorman days for just the way he has fully embraced what it means to be a Hurricane. TEU is gonna produce another good one.

Yea man. I ride with Brevin. He’s all about the U

Advertisement
Advertisement
I appreciate the kid and his love for the U. but pro scouts are going to judge by measurables not expressed dedication to team.

CE4E3974-1049-4ECF-A76D-965770DD1FEC.gif

Advertisement
He has heart i'll give him that, BUT. . . Did he put his blood sweat and tears into this team?
Yes. He didn’t run out of bounds when he had endless chances to do so. He always tried to get the tough extra yards. Whether he tried to juke, truck, or jump over a dude. He was always a beast to tackle. He got clobbered over the middle on dozens of errant or late throws. He threw hard blocks on DEs bigger than him. He went full speed every play and wanted to win. WTF else do you want?

Advertisement

Well spoken. Great young man who is all about the U. Wish him the very best!

So basically the student athletes that have mostly promoted the team in the past couple of years have been athletes outside of the 305. Deejay, Brevin, Braxton, ect.., Says a lot about our high school/youth level at the 305. Loyalty to its finest. (Not). Athletes outside of the 305 appreciate a Miami Scholarship way more than the homegrown athletes. Not surprising!

Advertisement
Back