Breaking The Spirit - The Mental Game

jackbenimble71

Greentree All American and 7th Floor Crew wingman
Purgatory
In before LCE post his recap. It’s coming folks…

As I digested the beating we took on Saturday, I couldn’t help but chuckle at how this all could have been avoided. We take 2 steps forward but then 1 step back. The depression of our board and the overall fan base, to the national tv humiliation to the commentators laughing at us to our asinine AD, and most importantly the wonderful kids who play for The U and the crooots…We are breaking our spirit. We are tearing our team apart. The worst part about it, it could have all been avoided.

When we scheduled this game, I told Blake directly that he is “going to break the programs spirit and is doing more damage to our program than anything else. He chuckled and told me “I took too many hits on greentree.” Lol…**** you Mr. Blake, sir. I made eye contact with Blake on Saturday but never shook his hand. he felt my heat. He knew I had been right. If I would’ve shook his hand and gotten closer, I probably would be in jail now. He is destroying my team. But he is all about the prestige of playing Bama, the money we get from the playing in the Chick Fi la Bowl and him getting to showboat around in the ATL.

This kind of game can break our spirit and destroy a whole season. If our team doesn’t get back on track, get focused, we could be 1-3 before acc play. We lose any ACC from here on out and we are toast.

So what do we do? We don’t play these type teams PERIOD unless we EARN the right to play them at the end of the season. The commentators on the UGA vs Clemson game said "why would anyone purposely schedule Bama at the start of the season." They are 100% correct. Until we can dominate our conference and don’t struggle against teams like Duke and Ga tech, we should never purposely schedule Top Tier 1 games. The Bama game could very well ruin an entire season and recruiting class. If we win our games and the ACCCG and advance to the CFP, then we have EARNED to play the big boys. We earned it. But until then we should not be purposely scheduling OSU, UGA, LSU, Texas AM, BAMA, OK etc. Tenn would have been a great game. Their fan base is rabid and that stadium would have been packed to the T.

Sure our coaching staff has a lot to do with it. Kiffin has just the same level of talent as we do but he calls a better game, schemes better and takes chances. But he has to play Bama. But why put our team in this situation if we don't have to?

.... chess not checkers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back