Breaking News: Losing Hurt 2015 Recruiting

pb5cane

Junior
Go figure. Here's Roland Smith's view.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/

How the Hurricanes lost a couple of recruiting battles at Miami Central this season

Last year the University of Miami was able to snag two of the three elite prospects from Miami Central High School -- running back Joseph Yearby and offensive tackle Trevor Darling. And they lost a tough one to national champion Florida State, which snagged Mr. Florida Football Dalvin Cook.

This year, the Hurricanes weren't able to get commitments from either of the two players it really wanted at Central.
Receiver Da'Vante Phillips, an Under Armour All-American, opted to follow his close friend Cook to Florida State and is already enrolled in Tallahassee. And running back/receiver Anthony Jones stuck with his commitment to FIU over a late offer from the Hurricanes.

Manny spoke w/Roland Smith, a former Hurricane himself, for his opinion his alma mater wasn't able to win the recruiting war for either player and why the Canes weren't necessarily interested in a few other players at Central.

"My kids are still intrigued by the University of Miami ...When you're winning everybody wants to be a part of a winning program. And right now FSU has been winning and getting the fruit of their labor for winning. Miami is just going after kids they think can help their program out."

"In order for Miami to get back to where we were we've got to keep these local kids home. They've tried. It's not for a lack of effort...But to get over the hump you've got to win those big games. This year we weren't able to pull off the big ones like Florida State, Nebraska."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Son of a gun, trying hard is not enough! What a shock. That is Al's fundamental flaw. He thinks no talent kids that work really ward like him are better that 5* studs who also work hard. Kids want to play with winners not work out freaks who come up short. I never studied like you are supposed to. Just crammed like crazy. Got Doctorate
at 24, working full time. If Al had been one of my professors I guest he would have given my degree to someone who studied harder but failed anyway. People forget that Howard was pulling off some big time win with Kelly before Melvin and those boys committed.

Advertisement
Roland is crazy!!

We fans are the ones hurting recruiting

U my friend need to keep your mouth shut......... 12 de- commits before the fans got started ZZZZZZZIIIIIIIPPPPP it

slow-lol-zoom.gif

You know the fans are the ones at fault, if they would just buy in then the recruits would flood the doors.

Advertisement
Now.....

Isn't this cute......

"Even though Da'Vante was intrigued by Miami, I think the temptation and friendship he had with Cook is why he went to FSU. Da'Vante knew he probably had a better opportunity to go in and contribute right away at Miami, but I think the relationship with Cook, plus the opportunity to play for FSU played a big part in it too."

Don't forget the murderous anti-UM gangs of South Florida that forced Phillips into hiding. I heard that from the guru nerds on the recruiting board.

Nonesense. We all know the only reason we are losing recruits is because fans are saying hurtful things about Al Golden on Twitter and Facebook. Otherwise elite athletes would all be clamoring to play for a program that can't beat UVA or Pitt.

We're just going to keep ignoring all the recruits Miami lost due to the banners huh? If it weren't for the fans Miami would have commits from twenty-five five star players.

Advertisement
Advertisement
congratulation to Al Golden for starting a blame the fans campaign this guy is a marketing genus this guy is in the wrong profession. this guy just went 6-7 with ALL ACC and first round players, refused to make changes on his staff and still has his job hes a genius.

Last edited:
I just don't understand who thinks him being around another year is in UM footballs best interest?
He lost the team at the end of the year!! It's going to make it that much easier for them to quit on him again this year.. But this time they will make headlines when they quit on him....

Advertisement
Back