Breaking down the opponents Week 1

pcitycane

Retired staff
Premium
Boston College

Upperclassmen - 32

Freshmen - 23

2011 - finished 4-8 (3-5) and beat Miami in the last game of the year.

Head Coach - Frank Spaziani
OC - Doug Martin DC - Bill Mcgovern

Returning -

QB Chase Rettig

RB Rolando French and Andre Williams

WR Bobby Swigert Colin Lamond JR

Best Returning Tacklers -

Kevin Pierre-Louis and Steele Devito

20 offensive returning letterman with 21 defensive letterman

Letterman lost in 2011 - 13 total

Predicted to finish in the ACC - second to last only above Maryland

They will have a run of the mill typical BC defense which bends a little, breaks a little, but is usually stellar and middle of the pack. Chase Rettig looked like an All American last year against Miami and is expected to have a good season. There are no true offensive big play threats. The star player is Kevin Pierre-Louis who is a beast... and one of the few players on BC I think would start or play for the Canes.

My prediction: 31-23 Canes win in a game that is alot less close than the score would imply. Morris shouldnt have a problem throwing on this secondary and with our RB back commity we should be able to wear the defense down without much of a problem. This game will be a test to our defense to see if we can make crucial third down stops and prevent long first downs, as well as testing the big play run defense. For too long now, we have been getting crushed on long run plays and last year was no different. If we can stop the run and hold them to field goals, we will win in a walk.

Why the canes could lose: Simple. Turnovers. If our D is on the field all game, watch out. We will be worn down quicker than a 90 year old doing cardio. More than 2 turnovers could be deadly for us in this game.

Advertisement
If BC get 23 pts on us I'll be a little worried about our D. They will be pretty bad offensively.

Advertisement
I hope we look faster than one of the slowest teams I can remember. (we didn't last year)

Advertisement
jevoasis said:
Need to come out strong, would be nice to see.it go 30-13 or so.

Real nice especially considering it will be first game of the year and an acc matchup. Doesn't get any easier from there.

BC is going to run right at the defense and throw PA off of that. its not rocket science and we should be able to handle it. just can't turnover the ball like last year. if the offense doesn't turn it over then its probably a blow out win for us. just can't make the mistakes that give them points.

Increased strength and conditioning pay dividends this year; should result in fewer mental lapses and more consistent execution, particularly in the 4th quarter.

MIAMI's talent takes over in this one.

Advertisement
They will have a run of the mill typical BC defense which bends a little, breaks a little, but is usually stellar and middle of the pack.

What does that mean? Stellar yet middle of the pack?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back