Breakdown of defenses of Miami, NC St and WF.

Our CBs were playing a lot of press last week which helped a ton. Expect more of that and they wont be exploited a la BC & Toledo

Advertisement
The NC state DEs and DTs are bigger weight wise and stockier than UMs. UM gives up an average of 13lbs per player but averages 4 inches in more height. NC states lightest DE is 280lbs while J Jackson is maybe 250lbs. The big difference is NC state plays with 2 LBs while UM plays with 3. NC state has a guy in the box that weighs 195lbs. The middle LB is close to 260lbs and SLB 240lbs. UMs LBs are all about 230lbs in the 2 deep. Overall front seven at UM considerably taller but weighs less than NC state. UM is definitely faster and more athletic. Im not so sure UM players are stronger though. Normally short and stockier guys are stronger than leaner athletic ones.

It's going to be important to stack 8 in the box on 1st and 2nd down to make up for that extra weight. However, UM should be better suited to cover screen plays than NC state being faster. UM should also has considerably more pass rush.

NCSU beat Blackman up and got him to start flinching in the 2nd half. They also won because they have a very good offense with good speed, creativity and a QB who was very accurate and doesn't turn the. All over.

We need to deliver the punishment like we did to Frenchie last year. I don't think Jimbo will shy from throwing it. We should have opportunities to sack the QB.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I will say it again. Toledo's QB is the best pure passing QB we will play all year. I know its Toledo and the rest of their team could not match up against us but that QB was VERY good. If we play a similar D we would be fine bc Blackmon cannot and will not be able to make the throws he had against us. HE even had some misses that could have been damaging. Imagine what this stick will do when pressured? Im hoping to see a Defensive TD this game.

My biggest concern in this game is our running game. I want to see more I formations and let Walton get up field.

I will say it again. Toledo's QB is the best pure passing QB we will play all year. I know its Toledo and the rest of their team could not match up against us but that QB was VERY good. If we play a similar D we would be fine bc Blackmon cannot and will not be able to make the throws he had against us. HE even had some misses that could have been damaging. Imagine what this stick will do when pressured? Im hoping to see a Defensive TD this game.

My biggest concern in this game is our running game. I want to see more I formations and let Walton get up field.

I'm concerned Walton won't be able to cut running right...which is where Big Don plays. I'm really hoping Burns gets some meaningful snaps in practice in case Walton goes down early. I'd rather take a flyer with Burns than Gray spelling Homer.

Continue to play press coverage and Let the DL do its job. Manny needs to relax on the blitzes this game. Make the young QB beat us don't make it easy on him.

It wasn't just Woodside's ability to make throws. More importantly, we could never trick him. His mental game was so advanced he immediately knew where to go with the football and wasted no time getting it out.

Advertisement
This game isn't about X and Os. Its about who the big time player in the game is. The last seven years one of their guys has taken over. Who is that dude for us this year? I'm not saying they carry us, I'm just saying one player always makes the plays that stand out and gives his team a massive lift. Who is ready to be Santana or ST

This game isn't about X and Os. Its about who the big time player in the game is. The last seven years one of their guys has taken over. Who is that dude for us this year? I'm not saying they carry us, I'm just saying one player always makes the plays that stand out and gives his team a massive lift. Who is ready to be Santana or ST

Agreed. Also look for 1 and 99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99 flipped the switch against Puke. He was fairly disappointing before that game. But I saw him seemingly swallow Puke's Tackle on a couple pass rushes.

There was one play where he bull rushed the Tackle into the QBs face and wrapped those long arms around the Tackle while still having enough length to grab Jones. It was like a double bear hug.

Advertisement

99 flipped the switch against Puke. He was fairly disappointing before that game. But I saw him seemingly swallow Puke's Tackle on a couple pass rushes.

There was one play where he bull rushed the Tackle into the QBs face and wrapped those long arms around the Tackle while still having enough length to grab Jones. It was like a double bear hug.

Yup, exactly. And because he has such a favorable matchup this week I expect him to keep it up.

I predict Toolbox Trent has the game of a lifetime. 2 Sacks and 1 FF.

If Thomas, McCloud, and Quarterman can chill with the over-pursuit, Blackman may have to be taken off the field in a body bag.

Advertisement
Back