Braxton Berrios

He's a heady player who's deceptively fast.

Advertisement
first reports on yearby, now berrios losing weight, **** how many of our guys were carrying bad weight?

the whole team

6_648994.jpg

I think Kaaya trusts him the mosT he has the most rapport with Brad I just hope berrios body can withstand all the targets and hits he is gonna get I see over 50 catches for Berrios... He always creates separation every single time... Injuries only thing holding hm back

We must be looking at two different players. I just don't see it. He's looked very average to me

I think the top two targets from the WR group will be Coley and Dayall Harris. And Njoku and Herndon should see plenty of targets as well, given their game breaking ability and versatility from the TE position (ability to play inside outside or from the backfield)

Lol at Dayall Harris.

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 1h1 hour ago
Ahmmon Richards said he and Dayall Harris are splitting the majority of reps with the first team at the X receiver spot. #UM

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 22h22 hours ago
Miami's WRs (tho they cross-train at spots): Harris, Richards at X (w/ Langham). Coley at Z, but can play Y. Berrios, Bruce, Lewis Y-Z.

Too many weapons for Berrios to be considered for any type of distinction.

Berrios, Richards, Coley, Lewis, Bruce, Harris, Njoku, Herndon, Yearby, Walton all will have plenty of balls coming their way.

But I think that's why Berrios will shine. There are too many weapons for teams to focus on the little guy. Like Vern says, he creates separation every single play, and he and Kaaya have a good relationship. Kaaya knows he'll be open, and as soon as teams focus on him, any number of other guys WILL be open. Bruce will be the same type of player here. Good days ahead, I'm telling you.

Advertisement
Solid enough player but he has to stay healthy. Both he and Coley are major question mark as injuries are the elephant in the room whenever we discuss their ability. Coley's hamstring in the spring game was glossed over but was a major story--will it be more of the same with him? We have no depth but both of these guys have ability if they can stay available.

Another off-season and another Berrios is going to step up thread. I hope he does, but I don't expect anything special. I think he'll lose playing time as the season goes on.

Never was huge on him.

Wouldn't be surprised if he has a nice year but also wouldn't be shocked if he barely sees the field.

If we're picking sides... I'll take Berrios all day long.

Excellent player when he's not beat up. Great hands. Cuts on a dime and gets open.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
We must be looking at two different players. I just don't see it. He's looked very average to me

I think the top two targets from the WR group will be Coley and Dayall Harris. And Njoku and Herndon should see plenty of targets as well, given their game breaking ability and versatility from the TE position (ability to play inside outside or from the backfield)

You must not have seen the spring game....

The same spring game Berrios torched the defense with 8 catches 127 yds and a td???

Refrain from posting for the rest of the day. You're on punishment.[/QUOTE]

Canezum5, I like your posts, but that Avatar is like . . . I rather look at a photo of a Mississippi Mule's ***, or maybe some fresh puke . . . can you maybe work on that?

Last edited:
he is gonna prove alot of haters wrong. this kid lost a ton of bad weight, looks strong and much quicker

I hope so because so far his mouth wrote a lot of checks his body hasn't cashed. He came in talking all kinds of crap and oozed confidence, none of which has shown in 2 plus seasons. I really hope he steps up and produces.

Would be great for the offense he could emerge into a consistent Wes Welker type player.

My thoughts exactly. Kaaya has needed a Wes Welker in the worst way, and Berrios is the man to step in to those shoes.

Isn't he the one who had that gimme touchdown against FSU in and out of his hands in the first half of the FSU game two years ago at Sun Death?

Advertisement
[MENTION=592]UMFarArcher[/MENTION] lmfao... you didnt have go in on my avatar like that. Hahahaha. You dont recognize him?

If hes fully healthy, I expect him to be a huge contributor this year. Hes got all the tools in the world. Hel be Kayaas check down man.

I think Kaaya trusts him the mosT he has the most rapport with Brad I just hope berrios body can withstand all the targets and hits he is gonna get I see over 50 catches for Berrios... He always creates separation every single time... Injuries only thing holding hm back

Lol at Dayall Harris.

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 1h1 hour ago
Ahmmon Richards said he and Dayall Harris are splitting the majority of reps with the first team at the X receiver spot. #UM

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 22h22 hours ago
Miami's WRs (tho they cross-train at spots): Harris, Richards at X (w/ Langham). Coley at Z, but can play Y. Berrios, Bruce, Lewis Y-Z.

Good for him but he's still going to be at least 4th on the depth chart behind Coley, Richards, and Berrios. Probably likely behind Bruce if he picks up the playbook fast.

Advertisement
Berrios will get more targets than he should early on. Hopefully by the FSU game one or more of Richards, Bruce, and Mullins have emerged.. Berrios hasn't shown anything to this point other than dropping clutch balls and a lack of explosion. I don't see Berrios ever turning into Michael Campanaro as we all hoped. It's time to give those reps to Bruce ASAP if he gets it mentally. Let's hope quick 6 reminds us all of another 6 sooner than later. I think it'll happen with the soft 3 game start to the season. You can't ask for a better scenario to build the confidence of these young WRs. A couple of kick/punt returns to the house and 40 plus yard TD grabs early is all it'll take.

Solid enough player but he has to stay healthy. Both he and Coley are major question mark as injuries are the elephant in the room whenever we discuss their ability. Coley's hamstring in the spring game was glossed over but was a major story--will it be more of the same with him? We have no depth but both of these guys have ability if they can stay available.

Just amazing how behind the times Miami's S&C and nutrition programs were the past dozen years or so. We'll see less tweaks as camp progresses compared to year's past and throughout the season, knock on wood.

Berrios is finally healthy and in shape. Some of this has to do with his knee issue coming out of high school, but it was obvious he was carrying 10 pounds of bad weight. He'll be productive this year.

As for Coley, he looks NFL-ready and at least finally makes the All-Airport team.

I think he will def increase his production but he does seem to have short arms and doesn't catch the ball all that well but we will see.

Seems to catch the ball with his body, which has led to a few drops. Most notably against Nebraska and FSU in 2014. He did come up with a tough catch against FSU last season. And the long run in the bowl game was something people had been waiting to see. For a guy who averages 9.6 ypc and has four career receptions of 20+ yards, he sure does elicit a lot of faith from many of you. Here's to hoping you all are right and that he's the next Don Beebe.

That's what i was going to say - seemed to catch the ball with his body. But he's also incredibly athletic and love the speed and agility he has out there.

He doesn't have a lot of time on the field, but in 2014 when he debuted, I thought on top of catching with his body, he seemed to go after any catches that weren't right in the bread basket with "dead legs". So, that would certainly make him NOT a welker or chrebet, despite his lily white skin. Hopefully the coaches worked on that with him...........he has the talent to be a great WR.

He's had two injury plagued seasons and when he was healthy, his two memorable highlights are two monstrous drops, with the one against FSU downright disastrous. It literally meant the game.

I think people look at him, physically, and want him to be something that he's not. He may look like Wes Welker and cut like Julian Edelman, but he has displayed next to no durability nor ball skills.

Advertisement
Back