Brandon Wimbush visiting this week

Watching both i prefer wimbush never been a big fan of florida qbs anyway they seem to have trouble adjusting to the college game maybe because of the terrible coaching in south fla .... I wouldnt count any of them out though with golden who is clearly one of the most respected coaches in the country when it comes to recruiting

Advertisement
Gibson will be the only QB in his class at whatever school he chooses, so waiting till NSD for a QB who will most likely choose a team that runs the spread(not us) and passing up quality QBs like Wimbush(or others we have offered) to keep our chances with Gibson high would be absolutely retarded and Golden won't do that(he has been burned too much on NSD to sweat it out waiting for his only QB in the class).

Some might say "well we can afford to do that after the 2 year haul of Olsen, Kaaya and Rosier", but IMO you must land at least 1 QB each cycle.

We have no idea how any of those three^^^ will work out, and once one of them takes the starting job, you can guarantee at least one transfer from that group(a redshirt freshman and 2 true freshmen)

Glory has been the nuts lately on his calls and I think he said this one was a no-go. I'm ridin' with him til I see otherwise.

This is a good development but I wouldn't hold my breath. If his parents made the trip down with him I would feel a better about our chances but I still say psu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glory has been the nuts lately on his calls and I think he said this one was a no-go. I'm ridin' with him til I see otherwise.

I agree. There's a difference bw landing guys like aqm and Hester versus a potential game changing qb.

Wimbush's family is all pSU and he's franklin's #1 target by far.

Going to be hard pull for either guy. Miami is not know as "the" place for dual threats. Mark can't coach D worth a crap but he does seem to recruit NJ well. If we had a choice I would go with Gibson - bigger, faster, local. But Urban probably has all the homes on Gibson's street rented until NSD. And the kid sent the death signal by complaining he wasn't getting enough attention form Miami. Taking visits on your own dime can't be overlooked. Gibson has real interest,

Advertisement
always liked this kid more then Gibson from a QB perspective Wimbush is more advanced IMO. Gibson is the better ATH hands down.

Advertisement
Back