Brandon Singleton Decommits from Georgia Tech

Advertisement
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/01/rising_hahnville_wr_brandon_si.html

Another 2015 WR possibility. Thar article says Miami has been talking to him a lot. Smart kid decomitting from Ga Tech. Terrible place for a talented WR to go (Calvin Johnson is an exception). He's visiting Cal this weekend so hopefully he comes down to the Gables next weekend.

Go Canes!

Only reason he's the exception was that they weren't running that triple option bs then.

Advertisement
Why the **** is this staff going after so many receivers? It ain't going to be enough footballs to go around...

Why the **** is this staff going after so many receivers? It ain't going to be enough footballs to go around...

I hope they just take Callaway and close up shop. Finish with a nice haul of Cager, Callaway and Chatman.

Want that position to be focused on much more in 2016.

I hope they just take Callaway and close up shop. Finish with a nice haul of Cager, Callaway and Chatman.

It should be. We already have 3 studs committed with victor and pinder Also extremely possible

Advertisement

Cuz we def aren't going to be able to stop other people from scoring, so we have to try to put up 50points a game

It should be. We already have 3 studs committed with victor and pinder Also extremely possible

I prefer for us to go towards the athletic, fast, shifty, slots, and explosive versatile athletes than the big WR's in 2016. Just give me 1 big WR.

I'll narrow it down. Chase, Craig, Drake Davis, Nixon, Stove, Swain and the younger Ridley are not coming here regardless if they are on the radar. Have to be realistic here.

I would like our chances with Darnell Salomon a lot more if he transferred out of Champagnat Catholic. Which would not surprise me if he did soon with coach Tunsil leaving and Kato Nelson transferring to Flanagan.

Eddie McDoom, doesn't look like Dexter or Julius are coming here for 2015 class now so that bridge seems to be burned.

Then you got some guys flying under the radar who can blow up or are starting to get some looks by schools like Barrett, Cotto, Daniels, Hammond, Parchment, Rollins, Scott, Smith, Warren and Cane Legacy Gaiter. Most likely IMO from that group could be Cotto, Hammond, Rollins and Scott.

I don't consider Newbold or "Pie" Young legitimately flying under the radar or underrated here anymore, we all know they are studs. Young already has an offer I believe and Newbold is just a matter of time unless this staff is completely oblivious and blind.

In a different class year, I feel cane legacy Brandon Johnson from American Heritage would get more of a look. Sadly 2016 is a very stacked year down here in South Florida at the position.

I am not sure how much or what interest Brad Kaayas teammate from Cali, Dymond Lee has in Miami right now. Considering how the talent is down here at the position in 2016 I don't feel the staff would go out of state but we will see. For now, not including him.

Michael Irvin Jr it has already been noted is actually being recruited as a tight end.

Take me on quote of this, I am not a big fan of Victor. I like Pinder over Victor. That's who I want as the big receiver for 2016.

The rest, just focus on keeping Bruce, Mullins and Richards...... add Pinder

and try to haul in some guys like Snelson, Newbold, "Pie" Young, Marcus Johnson from Oakleaf and hypothetically if Salomon transfers from Champagnat Catholic gauge his interest

Advertisement
Just taking a stab. The staffs board probably has these names at the WR position.

Tavares Chase
Nate Craig
Drake Davis (VA)
Brandon Johnson
Marcus Johnson
Dymond Lee (CA)
Steven Newbold
Tre Nixon
Freddie Pinder
Cavin Ridley
Darnell Salomon
Dredrick Snelson
Eli Stove
Freddie Swain
Binjimen Victor
Keyshawn "Pie" Young

Newbold and M. Johnson are hypothetical cause it wouldn't surprise me if they were sleeping on Newbold like they have done with Fenton at CB in 2015 and if they happened to miss M. Johnson at Oakleaf by some miracle.

not including any others that idk of actually on the radar or some possible kids from out of state as well that may be on there as well.

But being realistic, pretty obvious some have other schools higher or not even a remote possibility they do come. We're really looking at on the "realistic" board. Obviously some of the kids that's are more under the radar like I listed or some other prospects from out of state could emerge as well later on.

Brandon Johnson
Marcus Johnson
Dymond Lee (CA) (I'm iffy on this one cause I'm not sure of his interest in Miami. Kaaya and Milo do help though)
Steven Newbold
Freddie Pinder
Darnell Salomon (If he transfers. I don't see any shot if he stays at Champagnat)
Dredrick Snelson
Binjimen Victor
Keyshawn "Pie" Young

Demarius Thomas i think acually committed to Gailey as well....

Their offense isnt conducive to wr recruiting....they have to find diamonds in the rough...bball transfers...or kids from atl that just dont want to leave the city/

Advertisement

Now that UF is officially in the picture with Calloway, they might be looking for a backup plan. Unless we just take Cager and Chatman and be done with it until next year. Which is what I would do. Calloway or no one.

They will have one drated this year and one next. GT teaches WR to not be selfish and the need to BLOCK DOWN FIELD.. NFL loves that.

Ah, don't sleep on Georgia Tech receivers. They've done a far better job over the last 5-10 years identifying, developing and putting receivers in the league.

Advertisement
Back