Brandon Powell offered

Advertisement
Why is everyone so sure he's gonna leave the SEC for us?

not sure if he even visited tenn yet.

someone please bomb his twitter..lol...theres a female hating on the u on there speaking of tenn's traditions, staff dont compare to um.REALLY?

School has been around FOREVER....and we have more MNC than they do....their last was in 98....since then they have been non factors..and before then their was like a 30 yr drought.

I have a huge love/hate relationship with Tennessee. I live in Nashville and my wife is a huge UT fan. Her father is a season ticket holder. I have a lot of friends that are Vol fans. A lot of this research I have compiled for my never ending pursuit to prove my in-laws wrong.

That being said, this is actually false; UT has 6 national championship and we have 5. This is very misleading though; they won four out of the six before 1955. They have won the SEC 13 times since they joined in 1933 (so roughly once every six years). They have won the SEC 4 times since 1983 (our first ship). They have been the SEC title game 6 times since it started and has won 2. A lot of their "tradition" comes between 1933-1955 and a resurgence in the mid 90's under Fulmer. Since 2000? 79-65 (.548) and haven't been to a bowl game 3 of the last 5 years. Never had a Heisman (Manning finished second) and 38 Consensus All-Americans (Miami has 35 and we have been playing for 40 less years and were not really competitive until the late 70's/early 80's).

Conclusion: I always find humor in the fact that Tennessee fans think that they are one of college footballs "Elite" and Miami is a second rate program (which I have been told). Maybe in the early half of the 20th century, but I don't feel they are any more decorated than us and they have been doing it much longer. They have a huge stadium and a huge (albeit stupid/stubborn/ignorant) fan base, but they really aren't as awesome or successful as they think they are.///End Tennessee rant.

Advertisement
What you say of Tenn. is true of many of the so-called "elite" programs. I think O$U most recent title before the fiasco in the desert was in the 1960s.

someone please bomb his twitter..lol...theres a female hating on the u on there speaking of tenn's traditions, staff dont compare to um.REALLY?

School has been around FOREVER....and we have more MNC than they do....their last was in 98....since then they have been non factors..and before then their was like a 30 yr drought.

I have a huge love/hate relationship with Tennessee. I live in Nashville and my wife is a huge UT fan. Her father is a season ticket holder. I have a lot of friends that are Vol fans. A lot of this research I have compiled for my never ending pursuit to prove my in-laws wrong.

That being said, this is actually false; UT has 6 national championship and we have 5. This is very misleading though; they won four out of the six before 1955. They have won the SEC 13 times since they joined in 1933 (so roughly once every six years). They have won the SEC 4 times since 1983 (our first ship). They have been the SEC title game 6 times since it started and has won 2. A lot of their "tradition" comes between 1933-1955 and a resurgence in the mid 90's under Fulmer. Since 2000? 79-65 (.548) and haven't been to a bowl game 3 of the last 5 years. Never had a Heisman (Manning finished second) and 38 Consensus All-Americans (Miami has 35 and we have been playing for 40 less years and were not really competitive until the late 70's/early 80's).

Conclusion: I always find humor in the fact that Tennessee fans think that they are one of college footballs "Elite" and Miami is a second rate program (which I have been told). Maybe in the early half of the 20th century, but I don't feel they are any more decorated than us and they have been doing it much longer. They have a huge stadium and a huge (albeit stupid/stubborn/ignorant) fan base, but they really aren't as awesome or successful as they think they are.///End Tennessee rant.

What you say of Tenn. is true of many of the so-called "elite" programs. I think O$U most recent title before the fiasco in the desert was in the 1960s.

More to your point, Minnesota (yes the freaking Golden Gophers) have won 7 (SEVEN) national titles. SEVEN! But none since 1960. As many as Oklahoma and Ohio State. That's more than programs such as: Tennessee, UGA, Miami, Nebraska, Georgia Tech, Texas, Florida, LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn, Florida State, Penn State, Clemson and UCLA. When's the last time you heard someone say the Gophers have a great tradition and are a traditional power?? The present should matter.

Tenn won those titles when the press was handing em out for every bull**** poll they could come up with. They won those previous five like Alabama won a bunch of theirs. Some of those titles were given out two years ater the season when a bunch of guys got together and formed a bull**** poll. It would be like Athlon's deciding who won the national championship in some years and doing so a season or so after and deciding who the "real champion" was. It's complete bull****. Honestly I have a tough time recognizing any titles prior to 1968. Up until that year national champions were decided PRIOR TO BOWL GAMES. And let's be real it wasn't until the late 60's that integration started to occur.

Tenn only has four championships that are voted as a consensus by the National Championship Foundation (and even they are questionable) and only one 98 occurred after 1951. Tenn is elite? laughable. And I live in Knoxville and am currently wearing a Tenn jumpsuit from the baseball team given to me by the former head coach who married a best friend's sister. Tenn is the most overrated program ever. **** em.

Let's get Powell on board and as soon as the SEC runs the anal gauntlet on that ***, he will be.

Advertisement
Tenn won those titles when the press was handing em out for every bull**** poll they could come up with. They won those previous five like Alabama won a bunch of theirs. Some of those titles were given out two years ater the season when a bunch of guys got together and formed a bull**** poll. It would be like Athlon's deciding who won the national championship in some years and doing so a season or so after and deciding who the "real champion" was. It's complete bull****. Honestly I have a tough time recognizing any titles prior to 1968. Up until that year national champions were decided PRIOR TO BOWL GAMES. And let's be real it wasn't until the late 60's that integration started to occur.

Tenn only has four championships that are voted as a consensus by the National Championship Foundation (and even they are questionable) and only one 98 occurred after 1951. Tenn is elite? laughable. And I live in Knoxville and am currently wearing a Tenn jumpsuit from the baseball team given to me by the former head coach who married a best friend's sister. Tenn is the most overrated program ever. **** em.

Let's get Powell on board and as soon as the SEC runs the anal gauntlet on that ***, he will be.

i was just about to say they have 4..

TWO of the BOWL GAMES..they actually LOST...so i dont know how they truly consider 6....

Albeit who cares...their not really relevant and havent been much..98...yes...they did the thing..Peyton threw the ball around a bit before then also...but their not some "ELITE"...they dont have some winning tradition that um fans should respect....

Only thing im honestly am impressed with is their stadium and crowd they draw....thts the only thing ive ever been impressed with as far as Tenn is concerned...their an underachieving SEC school...thats it.

i was just about to say they have 4..

TWO of the BOWL GAMES..they actually LOST...so i dont know how they truly consider 6....

Albeit who cares...their not really relevant and havent been much..98...yes...they did the thing..Peyton threw the ball around a bit before then also...but their not some "ELITE"...they dont have some winning tradition that um fans should respect....

Only thing im honestly am impressed with is their stadium and crowd they draw....thts the only thing ive ever been impressed with as far as Tenn is concerned...their an underachieving SEC school...thats it.

yeah Neyland stadium on a Saturday come fall isn't nothing to **** with. They come legit. This place is crazy on football Saturdays but other than that crowd and stadium, ain't much there. What good is 100,000 cheering on a loss? And the last few years they started to realize that and attendance is dropping. They're tapped out on their reserves and the athletic budget is hurting. They ****ed off alot of boosters with the whole Gruden thing, which was laughable to begin with. (just ask us)

Advertisement
Back