Brandon Miller - Oh Uh!

Advertisement
Advertisement
the twittersphere is calling for him to be booted from school and Oats to be fired, Bama might not be able to escape this…
That's the only way something happens. And yes, both of these things should happen. The kid not only delivered the gun, but he parked his car specifically to block in the victim's car and remained present at the scene while one of his friends got out and killed people with the gun he brought to him. How he hasn't been charged for being an accessory to murder is absolutely beyond me, but that really shouldn't matter. He should be kicked off the team and out of school for his actions. And Oats should be fired for his careless response to questions yesterday.

Alabama Basketball

1677072826228.png

That's the only way something happens. And yes, both of these things should happen. The kid not only delivered the gun, but he parked his car specifically to block in the victim's car and remained present at the scene while one of his friends got out and killed people with the gun he brought to him. How he hasn't been charged for being an accessory to murder is absolutely beyond me, but that really shouldn't matter. He should be kicked off the team and out of school for his actions. And Oats should be fired for his careless response to questions yesterday.
I need to understand the details better but if the facts are as you say they are, then yes Miller took action which assisted or abetted another in the commission of a crime, which makes him an accessory and as guilty of the crime as the person who pulled the trigger, just as the non-shooter in the car Is alleged to be.
That Bama is so wrapped up in their desire to win that Oats isn’t even going to sit Miller for a few games out of respect for the victim, and to show Miller that there must be some repercussions to terrible decisions, is forever a black mark on Nate Oats. Great coach but not a person to mold boys into men.

The defense to Miller’s actions, which I am confident he will argue, is that he had no knowledge of what was about to happen when he brought the gun, and that maybe supported by Miles’ statement to the police.

Last edited:
I need to understand the details better but if the facts are as you say they are, then yes Miller took action which assisted or abetted another in the commission of a crime, which makes him an accessory and as guilty of the crime as the person who pulled the trigger, just as the non-shooter in the car Is alleged to be.
That Bama is so wrapped up in their desire to win that Oats isn’t even going to sit Miller for a few games out of respect for the victim, and to show Miller that there must be some repercussions to terrible decisions, is forever a black mark on Nate Oats. Great coach but not a person to mold boys into men.

The defense to Miller’s actions, which I am confident he will argue, is that he had no knowledge of what was about to happen when he brought the gun, and that maybe supported by Miles’ statement to the police.

You may be right on the legal side, in terms of what his defense is. That said, in this case, his actions warrant nothing short of being immediately expelled from the school. No question about that whatsoever.

Advertisement

If they keep him it's going to come up on the NCAA tourney broadcast every time he touches the ball. It's going to snowball. Probably see some interesting fan signage at their last road games and in the SEC tourney too.

You may be right on the legal side, in terms of what his defense is. That said, in this case, his actions warrant nothing short of being immediately expelled from the school. No question about that whatsoever.
I agree with you from a basketball team perspective. Amd If Miller wasn’t a star I’m confident more would ahve already been done. At a minimum there needs to be a suspension to drive home some message. Nate Oats is selling his solid to the devil to win a national championship while paying lip service to the victim and her family. He is acting like he can say their names in his comments, which means he cares, which means he doesn’t have to take any action against Miller.
Its like Bobby Bowden in the 90’s.

I wouldn't kick him out of school, but I suspend him pending an investigation.

The only reason someone asks you to bring them a gun, and then you sit in the car to give it to them, is to shoot someone. If there were a self-defense case, you drive home in that car.

It's incredibly bad judgment, at the least, on Miller's part. And a reasonable case as an accessory.

Not surprising for Bama or the SEC, but pretty insane, that you can be an accessory to murder and not even have to sit out the next game.

Advertisement
Latest reporting saying that Miller was already on his way to pick up Miles when the text was received to bring his gun. Apparently the gun was underneath some closes in the backseat of Miller's car and he was unaware it was there and wasn't involved in transferring it to Miles or Davis. They are also saying that he had already parked his car when the victim's Jeep pulled up behind his vehicle, so he wasn't intentionally blocking them in. Finally, this is apparently all on video.

Given this, I can see why there would be no crime to charge him with and probably not worth expelling him for or kicking him off the team, but it is definitely worthy of at least of multiple game suspension for showing extremely poor judgment that contributed to someone's death.

We need to remember he's a black boy in Alabama. If they could have charged him with something, he would have been arrested. Stop making all these false narratives about what you think happened. The cops have been locking up people for less for years.

We need to remember he's a black boy in Alabama. If they could have charged him with something, he would have been arrested. Stop making all these false narratives about what you think happened. The cops have been locking up people for less for years.

You realize he's the best player on the best Alabama basketball team ever, right? And the victim was black so they don't care anyway.

That said, I agree, this doesn't look cut and dry that he was involved. But he should be suspended while they investigate more.

Advertisement
Latest reporting saying that Miller was already on his way to pick up Miles when the text was received to bring his gun. Apparently the gun was underneath some closes in the backseat of Miller's car and he was unaware it was there and wasn't involved in transferring it to Miles or Davis. They are also saying that he had already parked his car when the victim's Jeep pulled up behind his vehicle, so he wasn't intentionally blocking them in. Finally, this is apparently all on video.

Given this, I can see why there would be no crime to charge him with and probably not worth expelling him for or kicking him off the team, but it is definitely worthy of at least of multiple game suspension for showing extremely poor judgment that contributed to someone's death.
I don't know the facts, but this story feels like some BS. A gun was in the back of his car, but he didn't know about it? But his friend texted him to bring it? Why would you text someone to bring something they don't even know is there? And even if this is all true, good judgment says, don't give someone a gun that they are asking for bc what good is going to come from that? You don't text bring me a gun when you are need it for self defense.

Last edited:
I cant believe he wasn't suspended pending the investigation, ridiculous, Bama plays by different rules.

Just imagine the public outcry if this was one of our player, and all the "thug" quotes abt us having only criminals

It's a bad look for Alabama and as someone stated earlier it's going to come up in broadcasts throughout the post-season. A suspension of any length would have impacted tourney seeding and blown up what could be the best hoops season for them in quite awhile. But it's pathetic & shortsighted. How do you ever suspend another player? What is the new threshold for suspension? Even if it's just delivering a gun (wow, can't believe I'm saying this), it's still crazy. What have we come to where an academic institution views this as ho-hum?

He is a great role player right now I think Nigel has overtaken Wong as our go to player. But I think Jordan has the best chance to make it in the NBA because of future potential to expand all categories of his game.

Advertisement
Back