Brandon Linder retires

Advertisement
Advertisement
When he played, he was very good. Not quite an All-Pro or Pro Bowler, but very good starter. Just...injuries. Lots of them. One season where he played a full slate of games...2021 finally saw his play take a dip in performance. This has been rumored for a while (believe he was getting cut if not for retirement). It was time. Now its time for him to get on that Offensive Lineman Retirement Training Program where he can lose like a hundred pounds and be a normal human again. Great Hurricane. Good NFL Player. Made nearly 50M in salary alone. Life will be good for him.

His statement was a bit cryptic, no?

Reads like "I just want to do something else now. See ya around." to me.

Pat McAfee on why he retired (look it up, there are videos of it online) is a great outlook on the rationale for retirement. Its a game that requires 110% of you not only for yourself, but for the other players on the team. When you don't want to get up in the morning to go play football and want to do something else...its time to hang it up. Its not a job you can half-*** when you're just not as passionate anymore.

Advertisement
When he played, he was very good. Not quite an All-Pro or Pro Bowler, but very good starter. Just...injuries. Lots of them. One season where he played a full slate of games...2021 finally saw his play take a dip in performance. This has been rumored for a while (believe he was getting cut if not for retirement). It was time. Now its time for him to get on that Offensive Lineman Retirement Training Program where he can lose like a hundred pounds and be a normal human again. Great Hurricane. Good NFL Player. Made nearly 50M in salary alone. Life will be good for him.

I was proud of him. Made a good career. But that OL weight loss program is crazy. I need to get on that haha. That being said, congrats Linder on a successful playing career!

Advertisement
Back