2024 Brandon Jacob and D'Antre Robinson

supacane

Senior
2 highly rated players from Central FL that had high interest in the canes. Particularly Jacob. The staff is not infallable so could these be 2 players that come back to bite not only us but the other in state teams in the butt for allowing them leave? Are they overrated or what? Im gonna spend some time watching their films over the weekend but we have taken and are after players much lower ranked like D Day and I Thomas, both of whom i like btw. And put alot of energy in J Jackson and David Stone who both seem off to OU. @DMoney @Cribby any insights into what happened here?

Btw just overall, DB recruiting has been weird af to me. I would like Addae to move on, and maybe spin the block on Surtain from FSU or Raymond from UF. Do 2 things at the same time. Then also shake the trees with Pitt DL coach as well. Just me musing on where i think we have room for growth. Love Coach Joe and the Polenysian connection but Partridge i think at Pitt and JT would be a crazy 1-2 DL punch on the trail.

Also just noticed 247 is not very high on Robinson only a 86 rated 3 star but 4 star composite

Advertisement
An aside but looking at the top DTs list on 247 and there are a ton not committed right now. Was surprised we didn’t go after Robinson in particular.

Not going after Robinson was a mystery to me. In state DT in a year we need DTs and nary a sniff.
Very weird when we bring in players who we knew would be up hill climbs like Lindsay and Simmons, who i both like as players.

Advertisement
mario-movie-okay-im-gonna-trust-you.gif

In Mario we trust 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Didnt our DC hand pick safety commit from his area? How is that on Addae?
Dont worry its Addae. Once they got that word out on ya its a wrap lol.

We have 2 cbs committed in the class already( 2 st thomas aquinas cbs i might add), 3 if your like me and consider Day one as well. Also Addae is working the juco cb for this class and already landed the juco cb thats already here fromt he same school. (those are strictly his guys)

We probably need to land 2 more cbs but that isnt somethng that appears to be impossible to do in the coming months and guys to work with.
(Howard, JUCO CB, UGA DECOMMIT, ETC)

now dt recruiting is a bit all over the place.

they are high on the elite guys like the 5 star Stone's , Scotts and seemed to focus more on the m or had them rated higher. Then they had their tier 2 guys i guess that they were circling like J JACKSON the issue appears to be the tier 2 guys soe came off the board to others.

They didnt seem to push hard on Robinson he did visit..but maybe they saw him differently and were working their plan a's.

I would of love to land robinson too but luckily he isnt headed fsu or uf. J Jackson is the prequel to Stone cause i honestly thought we would land him but...

Hey we got 1 of my tier 1 guys in Jones from Blountstown.

Imma say it again they should be paying attention on Nicholas at Norland.. Hes over 300 now and Norland plays a nice schedule to see if he performs.

Advertisement

We have 2 cbs committed in the class already( 2 st thomas aquinas cbs i might add), 3 if your like me and consider Day one as well. Also Addae is working the juco cb for this class and already landed the juco cb thats already here fromt he same school. (those are strictly his guys)

We probably need to land 2 more cbs but that isnt somethng that appears to be impossible to do in the coming months and guys to work with.
Not sure what u on about. Day is the guy Guidry apparently has a personal affinity for, we have 4 DBs committed. So if Addae is not the one recruiting them, please tell me who is so i can redirect my questions their way. And also since Addae is not recruiting them, what exactly is he doing on the staff?

Advertisement

Not sure what u on about. Day is the guy Guidry apparently has a personal affinity for, we have 4 DBs committed. So if Addae is not the one recruiting them, please tell me who is so i can redirect my questions their way. And also since Addae is not recruiting them, what exactly is he doing on the staff?
I can roll with this one - Supa vs Geta with @PIPO as the ref…

MYT8BN68.gif

They had every chance to scout Robinson at Jones last year, and prior years, with Malik being there. I trust that they evaluated him and did not think as highly of him as others. Like a PK situation is what it feels like to me.

@supacane Man a BAD MAN!!

I was saying. Addae is currently responsible for 2 cb commits in the class. Both are from STA..a powerhouse feeder home for us. Im saying they are lower rated recruits but there is still time to land a few other bigger recruits that will pop or flip others.
He also is responsible for a juco cb we nabbed after spring. And he has us in play for a 6'4 juco cb from the same school that is a december graduate.

I agree with @DMoney I think our cb board should widen because i think we need a certified #1 type cb recruit Damari Brown level from last year..as i too believe the current 2 cbs are developmental guys.

I view Dylan Day as a cb recruit as well and not a true Safety as i believe they have him slotted to be a Nickel type. HE DIRECTLY IS A GUIDRY recruit. One of the guys we seen offered when Guidry came aboard, and began to offer Louisian prospects who we never viewed or have interest in.

I think Addae not being a recruiter is a bit overblown. Seems like we seen an uptick this class. He also now has Stevenson and Ivey possibly to hang his hat on from here getting drafted. Basically im not completely down on him as everybody else....but like dt recruiting..cb recruiting is where the big dogs lie....and if you want elite dbs you will be going up against the bags an elite recruiters. (Saban, Raymond, Robinson,Smart, etc)

I dont know who landed them but im also a fan of the Brown and Richard portal signings. And i believe we should be in portal for a DB every year to keep the cb floor high.

Until we are told no, we are still in it with Stone, Franklin, Breland, and McCray. Artavius Jones and Daylen Russel are already committed. We are pretty stacked at DE (pardon my old school term) with what's on the roster already and with Lightfoot committed. I could see us geeting either Simmons or Stewart. We may also be able to flip someone else from another program. I think Franklin is ours to lose. If we get one more of the DT whales (in addition to Franklin) and Stewart or Simmons, this will be an epic class.

Side note: I'm not really from Cincinnati

Advertisement
Back