Brandon Cunningham gone

Brown is a must get, sorry he is a legit 4*. He is a trench bully, very physical and athletic. He is similar to Slayton of AH that went to UF and has been a productive player. The main reason he did not commit to Miami was because UM did not want him to play dline, when we are in need of dlineman smh. Overall we are heading in the right direction but there are red flags.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, this has been brewing for awhile. Academics were an issue, he has even admitted as much in past interviews. He was gonna have a lot of work to do to get into UM. Even worse though, we were told yesterday that Cunningham was not engaging at all on his visit this past weekend and was even skipping activities. His heart just wasn't into UM anymore.

The next potential departures from the class? While Jesiah Pierre is flirting with the Gators right now, don't be surprised if Renato Brown leaves as well.
What would be the reason for the Brown departure? He is a legit 4* talent in a position of need.

Not good news on Cunny. Was expected though. If we lose Renny B that will suck BAD. I really don’t want other schools to start the “Decommit U” garbage anymore, but it certainly appears we could be headed in that direction. SMH.

Would really suck to lose Brown.
Cunningham too, I really liked his measurables.
Losing Pierre is not ideal unless we get Earford & Davis.

Unfortunately, this has been brewing for awhile. Academics were an issue, he has even admitted as much in past interviews. He was gonna have a lot of work to do to get into UM. Even worse though, we were told yesterday that Cunningham was not engaging at all on his visit this past weekend and was even skipping activities. His heart just wasn't into UM anymore.

The next potential departures from the class? While Jesiah Pierre is flirting with the Gators right now, don't be surprised if Renato Brown leaves as well.

LOL

Per Ivins: Rumors of Couch committing to Michigan and UF pushing hard for Pierre.

Any chance we get a 2019 commitment ?

Advertisement
Also from TOS - It wasn't JUST grades with Cunningham. He clearly didn't want to be at UM last weekend. Skipped offensive line meetings, spent practice on his phone, not watching drills etc. Seems like a mutual parting.....

The Couch and Michigan thing seems so weird to me. The kid looked all UM two weeks ago.

Need was that Cunningham skipped an OL video meeting and then spent the day on his phone instead of watching practice. Don’t want kids like that anyways.

We need to get a legit LT and I would put everything into Wright from WV. Having him at LT and Neal at RT would be huge. Can Tarquin play G?

Just because Hall said no to the chopper doesn’t mean brown will. I guess Simpson isn’t as “persuasive” and not that good of a “salesman” as the chopper.
I Don’t think losing Brown has anything to do with us wanting GA kids over him. So Simpson is going to be able to beat out Kirby for the best d linemen out of uga but can’t even beat Saban out of a kid that lives less than 100 miles from campus?
If brown leaves and we get UGA leftovers how long will it take for you guys to say he’s just like
Kool and Rumph.
Some positions are nearly impossible to recruit. Elite line and dB recruiting is another animal cause it guarantees a lot of success.
Everyone pumps Hartley and deservedly so. But let’s see if he gets that tackle out of WV. If he does than I’m all in at criticizing the others.
I’m really really surprised we got Hall because of how bad saban wanted him. But Hall seems to be the exception and not the rule. What scares me is if Brown stays committed only to flip late like someone I wont mention.

You can also throw in (1) afraid of competition (2) personality issue and (3) bad grades - although the first time at least I’m hearing about bad grades is on this thread after he already switched.

you haven't followed recruiting then. ivins has said for weeks this was coming bc partly due to grades.

Advertisement
What would be the reason for the Brown departure? He is a legit 4* talent in a position of need.

Staff's cooling on him, were underwhelmed by his junior tape. Don't think they'd outright drop him, but he also always has an excuse to not show up on campus for the events, hasn't been since the season. So I think the combination of the two, I don't think they're all that interested to fight to keep him if he were to stray.

Staff's cooling on him, were underwhelmed by his junior tape. Don't think they'd outright drop him, but he also always has an excuse to not show up on campus for the events, hasn't been since the season. So I think the combination of the two, I don't think they're all that interested to fight to keep him if he were to stray.
cooling on him better mean we are in great shape for Sorrells, Davis, Ingraham and/or Fuller because I think Brown is going to be a beast!!

IMO add Couch to the list of kids I wouldn't fight to keep either if he committed to Michigan.

cooling on him better mean we are in great shape for Sorrells, Davis, Ingraham and/or Fuller because I think Brown is going to be a beast!!
Completely agree with you. I think he has a high ceiling. At the very least will be a above average college fb player, he is not a JAG.

Advertisement
Thanks for the reply and info. Hope the staff is right.

Letting renato Brown go is a huge mistake on Miami and Simpson's part. You don't drop south Florida talent to attempt to replace them with Georgia kids.

Simpson needs to salvage this Brown flirting with bama. Simpson is going to have to adjust to dealing with south Florida kids he has to chase and don't see him as a legend.

This a huge year for dlinemen in Florida.

Go Canes
Kul tryna punk simson. Sad if he succeeds.

you haven't followed recruiting then. ivins has said for weeks this was coming bc partly due to grades.

I follow recruiting just not that particular website and every available article posted on it as to all or the activities of every player. As you apparently read all of this stuff, what are the other reasons for his decomittment, other than (partly) grades? Looks like he is from that area so maybe that’s another reason?

Advertisement
Kul looking to turn in to a recruiting monster now that he’s at Bama..goes to show just how much better a recruiter being in the SEC with their “ resources” can make you.

Advertisement
Back