Bradley Jennings Jr Smash

Mccloud played god awful, hopefully the staff isn’t bullheaded here.
thought mccloud was terrible at Olb for years. Just putting him back there I think is only because he knows the defense. I wouldn't be surprised if steed or huff take his reps down the line.

Advertisement
Athleticism only gets you so far when a linemen can drive you 15 yards back every time he gets his hands on you. Jennings is our best LB.
We will see this weekend. If Jennings is our best Linebacker, then how can this not be our least talented LB crew since probation?

They're literally more talented than last year lmao
Who is pray tell????lmao
Mcloud? who had to red-shirt because he wasn't as good as last years LBs,
Jennings is average at best, Steed been injured multiple time, looks slow.
The frosh and RS frosh arent physically/mentally ready.
Brooks is still undersized, makes plays , but 10 yards downfield, doesn't seem like coaches trust him.

Who is pray tell????lmao
Mcloud? who had to red-shirt because he wasn't as good as last years LBs,
Jennings is average at best, Steed been injured multiple time, looks slow.
The frosh and RS frosh arent physically/mentally ready.
Brooks is still undersized, makes plays , but 10 yards downfield, doesn't seem like coaches trust him.
Steed flashed in his snaps and I completely disagree with the notion that Brooks makes plays 10 yards downfield.

thought mccloud was terrible at Olb for years. Just putting him back there I think is only because he knows the defense. I wouldn't be surprised if steed or huff take his reps down the line.

What’s funny is Jennings was telling him where to lineup or assignment multiple times. How is that even possible ?

Advertisement
Athleticism only gets you so far when a linemen can drive you 15 yards back every time he gets his hands on you. Jennings is our best LB.

This is the point I've been trying to make and probably why we haven't seen number 9 yet. I will admit tho from what I've seen Brooks disengages with line pretty good. Opening play here Brooks puts a nice hit on the guard. 00:32 Brooks runs right through the block to make the tackle. He look like a really good outside linebacker. But to your point guys have to have the power to get off blocks in this defense.

Advertisement
Mcloud just doesnt have the eyes or the instincts, first in the flats we get beat that was his zone
For him to get beat on that as a 5th year senior on the first play of the game was a red flag. We just don't defend those play action counter plays at all. Seems like the line backer or striker always gets fooled. That's coaching

I think we’ll see McCloud more against teams like Pitt and UVA. And he’ll do fine in those matchups.

However, I believe we’re going to need guys like Brooks to be efficient defensively against Clemson, UL, and North Carolina.

Advertisement
53 at 16:06 was so bad, no way he continues to start playing like that.
That man literally just ran out of the hole, didn't make any real contact with the lineman let alone running back. He needs to to sit down with Ray to really work on his eyes. Again this play illustrates the lack of coaching. That's a horrendous to have on film wow.

Advertisement

This is the point I've been trying to make and probably why we haven't seen number 9 yet. I will admit tho from what I've seen Brooks disengages with line pretty good. Opening play here Brooks puts a nice hit on the guard. 00:32 Brooks runs right through the block to make the tackle. He look like a really good outside linebacker. But to your point guys have to have the power to get off blocks in this defense.

Half of those plays they had a fistful of jersey.

Advertisement
Back