Bradley Jennings Jr Smash

I like trash talkers too bro, but as you highlighted Pick left a lot to be desired. He seemed pretty smart but he guessed too much. To compound the fact that he was small and besides last year not really in shape.
All I know is I see brooks constantly
Around the ball. Pick was inconsistent. Better instincts than Shaq but he was just a better version of cager. Alof of mouth

Advertisement
I'm sorry bro I can't agree. Shaq Is very limited is space and almost no change of direction. From what we've seen from a 1 game sample Jennings looks just as strong and at least as fast as shaq. Same thing goes for sharpton he was very stiff. I'm really not understanding the Jennings hate on here.
We know this about Shaq. He still got drafted .
Don’t think 44 can sniffShaq as player. You think 44 Should be on field on passing Downs?

We know this about Shaq. He still got drafted .
Don’t think 44 can sniffShaq as player. You think 44 Should be on field on passing Downs?
I would say we don't know about 44 on passing downs yet. Did you see him beat in coverage last night? I'm not trying to bash Shaq but it's no reason to believe he is more talented then Jennings Jr, better player maybe. For example Gurvan Hall is clearly more talented than Johnson #4, whether or not he'll be a better player or drafted higher then Johnson is yet to be seen.

BJ hasn’t played in how long and sniffing plays out. Shaq always got fooled. I use to wonder if it was Shaq of coaching but after watching BJ. It might have been Shaq
I could agree but the 1 counter I would have to that is the the longer Shaq and Pick played here the less disciplined they played. That screams coaching.

Advertisement
I liked watching Steed and Brooks out there together. Less open running lanes. I can live with BJ but 53 lacks awareness for a 5th year. Just make him a stand up edge rusher and move on.
What makes you like watching Steed, but makes you only able to live with Jennings? Based on this game Jennings played better. This is why arthur brown couldn't sniff the field here, the bias to the south florida recruits is unnecessary. Let them all prove it on the field.

What makes you like watching Steed, but makes you only able to live with Jennings? Based on this game Jennings played better. This is why arthur brown couldn't sniff the field here, the bias to the south florida recruits is unnecessary. Let them all prove it on the field.
If you read carefully you would have saw that I’m referring to playing groups. Steed and Brooks had better series than BJ and 53. Not saying BJ wasn’t the best on the field for LBers but what is that based on? Total tackles? He was playing by himself since 53 was doing his own thing. But most of the yardage came at the starting tandem.

Advertisement
Thought he had a pretty solid game and was out best LB last night. Looked very natural out there.
If only we could put his instincts/football smarts into a vial and inject them into McCloud's body...
McClouds not even that athletic though. He can hardly change direction

If you read carefully you would have saw that I’m referring to playing groups. Steed and Brooks had better series than BJ and 53. Not saying BJ wasn’t the best on the field for LBers but what is that based on? Total tackles? He was playing by himself since 53 was doing his own thing. But most of the yardage came at the starting tandem.
Why link Jennings play to McCloud tho that makes no sense when you just said McCloud is basically a non factor. If you were really watching that close you would have noticed Jennings making the play I showed. Did you catch that live?

Advertisement
Why link Jennings play to McCloud tho that makes no sense when you just said McCloud is basically a non factor. If you were really watching that close you would have noticed Jennings making the play I showed. Did you catch that live?
Yes. I watched the play. It was amazing. But he still does not possess the athleticism I think we will need this year with our D line. If we are going to stunt that much, we are going to need backers to close those open lanes in a hurry. As eloquently stated, 53 is a non-factor, so that leaves BJ to make a bulk of the plays. You’ve already alluded to him missing 2-4 tackles. It’s because of the step he does not possess. Not his fault.

Ultimately saying we need to play backers based on what the offense is giving us. Like this week with LOU. They are going to attempt to spread us to make running lanes. 53 shouldn’t see the field, ever. And BJ should be regulated to more in the box. If he has to cover a and b gaps on both sides of the center expect more of the same in the running game.

Yes. I watched the play. It was amazing. But he still does not possess the athleticism I think we will need this year with our D line. If we are going to stunt that much, we are going to need backers to close those open lanes in a hurry. As eloquently stated, 53 is a non-factor, so that leaves BJ to make a bulk of the plays. You’ve already alluded to him missing 2-4 tackles. It’s because of the step he does not possess. Not his fault.

Ultimately saying we need to play backers based on what the offense is giving us. Like this week with LOU. They are going to attempt to spread us to make running lanes. 53 shouldn’t see the field, ever. And BJ should be regulated to more in the box. If he has to cover a and b gaps on both sides of the center expect more of the same in the running game.
I can I agree with this most of this. I would point out that we shouldn't be stunting so much just line up and let the dudes whoop there man. On one of Jennings Jr missed tackles the Dt stunted right out of the hole allowing the o lineman to get right up on Bj. Jennings is then held by the o line man but he still had the foot speed to get there. This goes in the book as a missed tackle but it's really not his fault. We can't just say hes not athletic enough without provided evidence. Him smashing that RT and still be there for the cut back on that stretch play was pretty athletic. That being said I would prefer to see him and Brooks starting. You have to remember Jennings hasn't played in more then a year bro, this is his first game back and his first start ever and he had 8 tackles.

Advertisement

Athleticism only gets you so far when a linemen can drive you 15 yards back every time he gets his hands on you. Jennings is our best LB.

Advertisement
Back