Brad Kaaya's Dad Called into Radio Show

Canes21

Junior
Banned
Anyone out there who has SiriusXM radio and listens to channel 91 probably knows about the College Football Playbook with Jack and Gino. If anyone was listening today, you may have caught that Brad's dad was a caller.

He just asked Gino what needed to happen at Miami for them to get competitive again. At this point he had not revealed who he was. Gino said his part and the guy said I have a son on the team. At this part I was thinking there isn't anyone else I can think of from California. Jack asked what position his son played and he said QB. That's when it was clear who it was.

I don't know where, or even if you can, find the recording of the show from today(18th Dec), but it was neat. Nothing groundbreaking or anything. Just thought it was interesting that Brad's dad decided to call in and personally ask Torretta what needs to change. After Brad's dad hung up, another caller(FSU fan) called and talked to Gino and that's when Gino started talking about the administration letting the Orange Bowl get torn down and really hurting the program.

I wish Gino would have gone off and said what he really wanted to, but that is not who he is, not on national radio. I don't know Mr. Kaaya personally, so I don't know if him calling in and asking a question like that is telling, but I figured with how slow the site is right now, this topic might be okay.

If anyone knows where to find the recording of the show, that'd be neat to have it posted. I didn't get to hear all of Gino's rant about the Orange Bowl, so I'd like to hear it. And maybe some others here would just be interested in hearing it too.

Advertisement
Met Kaaya and his dad at the bowl game last year. His dad is definitely a fan of The U.

It's gotta be doubly disappointing for him to see the team he likes not being as competitive as they should be, AND that his son's career may be negatively impacted by the program's lack of success.

If that really was Kaaya's dad ... That's also pretty telling that he felt the need to call a national radio show to discuss the issue. Brad and Gino have a personal relationship, so his dad could get the info off-line anytime he wants.

Advertisement
I heard it yesterday and laughed that the QBs dad is so disillusioned that he's calling radio shows looking for hope.

Gino has a great platform to tell the truth, but all he does is beat around the bush. Sad to hear him stumble and mumble whenever UM is brought up.

And Jack Myroot is totally clueless about UM. He is a classic old timer Corch **** gobbler, who blames all of UM's woes on the OB (like it was never empty when we stunk) and the fans.

Advertisement
Gino has a great platform to tell the truth, but all he does is beat around the bush. Sad to hear him stumble and mumble whenever UM is brought up.

Ya know, we've seen this from a number of media types regarding this coaching staff. I know some of the local south Florida media outlets have policies about speaking out too much against anything not related to the leftist narrative, but I also have to think that a lot of these guys saw how wrong the fans were about Butch's rebuild and might be a bit fearful of speaking out too heavily for fear that Alverage will actually pull off something special here. I dunno why, I just get that vibe.

The destruction of the OB was all you needed to know about the administrations priorities about U football then and now.

Here is the legacy of the admins dedication to the football program...

6a00d8341c838c53ef00e552a991518834-pi

Advertisement
Got a chance to meet Brad's Dad after the Nebraska game. Very nice guy and took the time to chat it up with some of the fans. He seems like a really proud papa.

Advertisement
Back