2016 Stats (with 2 games left to play)

352 attempts
215 completions
2854 yards
61.1%
19 TD's
7 Int's
143.0 rating

I have been a fairly vocal basher of Kaaya this season, but his stats actually suggest that he's having a better season than he did last year. Thoughts?

Advertisement
He consistently fails to make key plays in crunch time. He has played better during the win streak but has underperformed.

He has missed a bunch of throws due to a number of reasons including throwing high or the oline not giving him enough time. Could easily have 27-30 tds. Regardless he has played decent not great this year

Meh. Overrated compared to the Messiah label. I expected better. I was foolish and ignored my own eyes.

Advertisement
Locks onto his first read and overthrows open receivers consistently. His numbers look good, but he leaves a lot of plays out on the field.

The problem is he somehow got labeled a Top 10 NFL Draft pick.

He's not terrible, he's not great. He's ok.

Check out his stats in conference play...average at best

2015 Stats:

389 attempts
238 completions
3238 yards
61.2 %
16 TD's
5 Int's
142.1 rating

2016 Stats (with 2 games left to play)

352 attempts
215 completions
2854 yards
61.1%
19 TD's
7 Int's
143.0 rating

I have been a fairly vocal basher of Kaaya this season, but his stats actually suggest that he's having a better season than he did last year. Thoughts?

Advertisement
Locks onto his first read and overthrows open receivers consistently. His numbers look good, but he leaves a lot of plays out on the field.

Unfortunately he is just not very good, not even close to as good as he was hyped up to be going into the season. The good news for UM is he is definitely coming back and I think he will improve. This will give Perry a year to put some weight on and learn the playbook before taking over as a RS FR

His passing numbers dont blow you away so then you look at his rush numbers and see they are nonexistent which makes him an avr QB.

Put those same numbers on a QB with 300+ yds running the ball and it would make a world of difference for his team.

While the stats show he is having a better season (arguable) then last year is that really saying much? Kaaya has always put up decent stat numbers but Miami fans, especially the ones on this board understand how big of an underachiever Brad Kaaya really is. He has yet to beat the #1 rival in FSU and win a big game where an opponent was actually worth a ****.

He looks nervous out there sometimes and gets rattled extremely easily, which is unacceptable as a 3rd year starter at a marquee P5 program, he also doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder (the greats at UM always did) and doesn't show leadership qualities IMO. I obviously have no idea what goes on in the lockeroom but as far as my eyes can tell he doesn't have that "stage presence" one would assume from a "Top 10 pick" and starting Quarterback.

All of the criticisms he receives are well deserved because of the pedastal he is held up on by the media. You listen to every single color commentator that has broadcasted our games and they rave, I mean absolutely rave on Brad Kaaya....all of the positive talk they do on him is them just reading what the Media has to say and potential mock drafts. We see day in and day out the flaws he has as a QB.

All in all he deserves the criticism because we are a program that expects greatness and his tenure at the University of Miami has been, well....not so great.

Last edited:
The stats don't suggest he's having a better season, they suggest he's having an identical season to last year...

Which is okay... Nothing too great or too bad, just average.

Regardless of that, as long as we beat Duke & win our Bowl game, I'll be fine with it.

The bigger question is what happens if he comes back & is there any way for him to improve?

Advertisement
I like Brad. He is going to close this season strong and come back next season, like many others good solid players, and play a lot more efficient next season in this offense. He seems to be getting a better grasp of the offense, he is tough, plays hard and protects the football.

Unfortunately he is just not very good, not even close to as good as he was hyped up to be going into the season. The good news for UM is he is definitely coming back and I think he will improve. This will give Perry a year to put some weight on and learn the playbook before taking over as a RS FR

This would be my ideal scenario. Brad comes back, hopefully we make some progress and win big games. Let N'kosi red shirt and put on the weight he needs and learn the play book.

He is the victim of hype, plain and simple. Everyone, us included, built this guy up to be a first team All-American and 1st round draft pick. He's an above average ACC quarterback, yet good enough with those around him to at least get to a conference championship game. That has to be be goal next year, no excuses.

Advertisement
He is the victim of hype, plain and simple. Everyone, us included, built this guy up to be a first team All-American and 1st round draft pick. He's an above average ACC quarterback, yet good enough with those around him to at least get to a conference championship game. That has to be be goal next year, no excuses.

This!

Hype built him up, but in the end he's just above average. A lot of teams would love to have him, but he's not going to change the whole team's season like Lamar Jackson has

Lol according to so many posters he was so much better last year with his omg impressive 16 TDs lol

His completion percentage should be much higher when u take in account that majority of his completions are short yardage throws or screens. His accuracy beyond 8 yards is terrible which is why he only had 16 TDs last year and which is why he continues to struggle even in the magical shotgun offense that so many "genius"posters kept harping on.

Advertisement
Back