Brad Kaaya Evaluation (Voch Lombardi)

Advertisement
I posted this in a different thread, but it's a good one to have in this thread as well:
[video=youtube_share;VjjAYeT78Os]https://youtu.be/VjjAYeT78Os[/video]

Good god, every one of his bad throws looks exactly the same. If he could get over his fear of getting hit he'd be fine.

thanks for posting. great breakdown of film. wish more people on this board would crunch tape. he looks like a statue at times, but the talent is there to be a starting NFL qb if he's drafted into a good situation

if he somehow made it to the Patriots and sat behind Brady for a few years, i think that'd be his best opportunity to shine. Good coaching, good protection etc..

Advertisement
Good god, every one of his bad throws looks exactly the same. If he could get over his fear of getting hit he'd be fine.
Have noticed that as well. I rewatched the North Carolina brad kaaya cut up and he missed a few throws. But if you go back and count how many throws were just dropped by the receivers is rediculous...

if he somehow made it to the Patriots and sat behind Brady for a few years, i think that'd be his best opportunity to shine. Good coaching, good protection etc..

That could be said for dozens of other prospects.

Not really sure what your point is.

Truer words are seldom spoken. This is exactly why I don't think another year here will help him. He's got to get the emotional aspect of his game in check, if he can.

Advertisement
Enjoyed that video, especially as someone that doesn't know some of the finer mechanics of QB plays, but the narrator seems to be trying a bit too hard to sound like Jon Gruden evaluating tape.

Truer words are seldom spoken. This is exactly why I don't think another year here will help him. He's got to get the emotional aspect of his game in check, if he can.

I don't know if you guys watch the games but Kaaya has made throws with defenders about to knock him out countless times. You don't do that if you're scared to get hit. You also don't get up from hits that he's taken if you're scared to get hit.

One of Kaaya's biggest flaws is he takes sacks he shouldn't instead of getting rid of the ball. Which isn''t a symptom of being afraid of hits. QB's that are scared of being hit often throw the ball up causing interceptions to avoid hits.

Six minute mark , first play against fsu Alex Gall gets disrespected. Smacked off his feet like a punk

I don't know if you guys watch the games but Kaaya has made throws with defenders about to knock him out countless times. You don't do that if you're scared to get hit. You also don't get up from hits that he's taken if you're scared to get hit.

One of Kaaya's biggest flaws is he takes sacks he shouldn't instead of getting rid of the ball. Which isn''t a symptom of being afraid of hits. QB's that are scared of being hit often throw the ball up causing interceptions to avoid hits.

Except when you are pulling the ball down to brace for a hit instead of getting rid of it and taking a less protected hit.

I don't think his issue was fear of getting hit, it was the inability to escape pressure. Whether it was bc he was unaware of it until it was too late, physically couldn't get away (both vision and athletic), or - likely - a combination of both, when he was pressured it he did not handle it as well as QBs that are considered top tier. Now the offensive lines that Miami has put out while he has been here have not really done him any favors.

Advertisement

Except when you are pulling the ball down to brace for a hit instead of getting rid of it and taking a less protected hit.

I don't think his issue was fear of getting hit, it was the inability to escape pressure. Whether it was bc he was unaware of it until it was too late, physically couldn't get away (both vision and athletic), or - likely - a combination of both, when he was pressured it he did not handle it as well as QBs that are considered top tier. Now the offensive lines that Miami has put out while he has been here have not really done him any favors.

He has indeed made plays under pressure, then he's panicked under pressure as well. Not sure what the deal is, but if you watch his bad throws on that vid they all involve him not stepping into his throw. Sometimes he can't because of a defender and sometimes he just thinks he can't. Not sure what his issue is, but all of the misses I saw were because he didn't step into the throw.

I don't necessarily agree. Jacory wouldn't have been helped in that situation, Kirby freeman, Tim Tebow, etc. etc. etc... I think he has the tools to succeed, but if he went to the browns as an example, there'd be nowhere for him to go.

Advertisement
But the CIS experts told me he can't get off his first read lol

I agree and the CIS experts disregard that Lombardi said Kaaya had absolutely no help from his OL which no doubt affected those throws and created the "shell shock" any QB would have after taking that type of abuse.

T

I think his point is pretty clear, as a 5th round or so Brady found out behind Bledsoe, New England is...right now..likely the best scenario for a QB to develop.

I don't necessarily agree. Jacory wouldn't have been helped in that situation, Kirby freeman, Tim Tebow, etc. etc. etc... I think he has the tools to succeed, but if he went to the browns as an example, there'd be nowhere for him to go.

T

I think his point is pretty clear, as a 5th round or so Brady found out behind Bledsoe, New England is...right now..likely the best scenario for a QB to develop.

I said dozens of other QBs. When did I ever say ALL other QBs? Of course there's guys who wouldn't succeed in the NFL, no what what system they're in. Jesus Christ, are you serious right now?

And yes, lots of dudes would be successful in NE. Doesn't make Kaaya different than a lot of other NFL jags trying to make it.

Advertisement
Back