Brad Kaaya Comparison

canefordays

Freshman
Comparing high school recruits to college or pro players often isn't easy but in my opinion, Brad Kaaya is a carbon copy of UCF's Blake Bortles.

Measurables:
-Kaaya 6'4 215
-Bortles 6'4 230 (2010 Oviedo HS)

Mechanics:
Both Kaaya and Bortles have fluid mechanics starting from the bottom up. They set their feet to throw similarly and their bottom half is sound. Both quarterbacks also have a nice almost identical over the top release.

Arm Talents:
Bortles has shown tremendous accuracy and decision making skills in almost every game this year. Kaaya's decision making is very good and his accuracy has improved immensely, this helped him lead his team to a CIF title,and make the elite 11 this past year. Bortles throws a nice ball with air and velocity. We see the same out of Kaaya as his arm strength has never been questioned. Both Qb's love to attack the seam or the middle of the field in their progressions.

Speed:
UCF and offensive coordinator Charlie Taaffe run a very spread out offensive attack which allows Bortles to run the read option, use his receivers in space, and throw on the run. Blake has deceptive speed and uses it to pick up first downs and TD's in the redzone. Kaaya is more of a pocket passer, but hopefully we see Coley open up the playbook in the future. As we know Morris didn't run much, but that may have been caused by his bum ankle. I want our future offense to be reminiscent of the FSU Coley days with Ponder and Manuel where both quaterbacks did move around a bit.

-Bortles will be a first round pick if he decides to come out this year. One can only hope that Kaaya can be the college quarterback that Bortles has become. Kaaya is a very polished quarterback coming into miami as Bortles just became polished this year. Kaaya may have a step ahead of Bortles in his progression right now, but unless the Miami offense doesn't improve under Coley he may never reach his maximum potential. Let's keep Kaaya committed and he will be our QB of the future!

Advertisement
That's a pretty good comparison. The two I see are Steve Walsh and Tom Brady. Walsh is more realistic being near the same size and decent arm strength. But Brady is close to the finished product Kayaa could become if all goes well. In the 6'5-6'4 range plus arm strength and strong leadership qualities I think there is a strong case for Brady.

Advertisement
That's a pretty good comparison. The two I see are Steve Walsh and Tom Brady. Walsh is more realistic being near the same size and decent arm strength. But Brady is close to the finished product Kayaa could become if all goes well. In the 6'5-6'4 range plus arm strength and strong leadership qualities I think there is a strong case for Brady.

I concur, personally I think Brady is the floor for this guy. And by Brady I mean Stacy Coley gonna make him a 6th round draft pick all on his own.

Advertisement
Comparing high school recruits to college or pro players often isn't easy but in my opinion, Brad Kaaya is a carbon copy of UCF's Blake Bortles.

Measurables:
-Kaaya 6'4 215

Mechanics:
Both Kaaya and Bortles have fluid mechanics starting from the bottom up. They set their feet to throw similarly and their bottom half is sound. Both quarterbacks also have a nice almost identical over the top release.

Arm Talents:
Bortles has shown tremendous accuracy and decision making skills in almost every game this year. Kaaya's decision making is very good and his accuracy has improved immensely, this helped him lead his team to a CIF title,and make the elite 11 this past year. Bortles throws a nice ball with air and velocity. We see the same out of Kaaya as his arm strength has never been questioned. Both Qb's love to attack the seam or the middle of the field in their progressions.

Speed:
UCF and offensive coordinator Charlie Taaffe run a very spread out offensive attack which allows Bortles to run the read option, use his receivers in space, and throw on the run. Blake has deceptive speed and uses it to pick up first downs and TD's in the redzone. Kaaya is more of a pocket passer, but hopefully we see Coley open up the playbook in the future. As we know Morris didn't run much, but that may have been caused by his bum ankle. I want our future offense to be reminiscent of the FSU Coley days with Ponder and Manuel where both quaterbacks did move around a bit.

-Bortles will be a first round pick if he decides to come out this year. One can only hope that Kaaya can be the college quarterback that Bortles has become. Kaaya is a very polished quarterback coming into miami as Bortles just became polished this year. Kaaya may have a step ahead of Bortles in his progression right now, but unless the Miami offense doesn't improve under Coley he may never reach his maximum potential. Let's keep Kaaya committed and he will be our QB of the future!

good post, but i have to disagree on the accuracy. Bortles has a high completion % but that can be deceiving. As a cane fan, I think it's important we don't use Morris as a barometer for accuracy. In the games I've watched Bortles what impresses me most is his athleticism, pocket presence, and ability to take calculated chances. That last one is what causes some guys to get labled with the 'gun slinger' persona, but when it fits, it fits. As for his accuracy, he doesn't exhibit great touch and tends to sail some throws.

From everything I've read/seen on Kaaya, I'd compare him to Jeff George (jk...ha) nah...maybe alex smith. but sounds like he has more accuracy (hopefully) on his deep throws.

Measurables:
-Kaaya 6'4 215

Mechanics:

Arm Talents:

Speed:

good post, but i have to disagree on the accuracy. Bortles has a high completion % but that can be deceiving. As a cane fan, I think it's important we don't use Morris as a barometer for accuracy. In the games I've watched Bortles what impresses me most is his athleticism, pocket presence, and ability to take calculated chances. That last one is what causes some guys to get labled with the 'gun slinger' persona, but when it fits, it fits. As for his accuracy, he doesn't exhibit great touch and tends to sail some throws.

From everything I've read/seen on Kaaya, I'd compare him to Jeff George (jk...ha) nah...maybe alex smith. but sounds like he has more accuracy (hopefully) on his deep throws.

I concur the person i would compare him to is Matt Ryan at Boston College same base and almost same release powerful arm on deep outs and comebacks, nice accuracy and anticipates where his receivers should be and has the ball there by the time they break a route or throws them open in good space... The games i saw i didnt see the athleticsm to where he can run read option... But if given a lot of open space he's good for a good 7-8 yard run

Ler's hope for Walsh. I want NCs and Brady was not that hot in college. Maybe best ever pro QB but I and NCs not SUper Bowl.

Advertisement
1.jpg

Advertisement
If you combine Bret favres toughness, mannings smarts, Brady's accuracy and Vicks athleticism you get Brad.

A combination of Danny Stegall and Bryan Fortay with a little Kirby Freeman thrown in. Before Kaaya gets ****ed off and has his brother Pete neg me, it's only a joke.

Advertisement
Back