Bracketology

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Miami is a #10 in Lunardi's projections as of today. We were #7 last week, 8 the week before that, 9 the week before that, 10 before that, etc.

Advertisement
Looks like Pitt and our Canes are the last two ACC teams in, according to the latest version, with Wake being the first ACC team whose bubble is expected to burst. Hopefully, with a win tonight, we can show the Tournament Committee who's best among the three of us. Last weekend's game against Pitt could be an important one in that regard.

The puzzling team for me is Clemson. Lunardi still has them as a 7 seed, despite four ACC losses in a row. Granted, three of those games were against ranked teams (UNC, UVa and Notre Dame), and the games were close, but I'm still surprised.

We were one of the last to receive a bye according to Lunardi, meaning not playing in the "play in" game. So while we might have been one of the last ACC teams in, we're not really on the bubble so to speak right now.

As I guessed, we're projected to be a 10 seed as of now, so not really even a bubble team.

Advertisement
As I guessed, we're projected to be a 10 seed as of now, so not really even a bubble team.

Porter said something akin to "If UM beats the Noles they'll be ranked", to which I though --

IMG_2582.webp

He's actually probably right. They're the equivalent of 29th in the Coaches Poll. If they beat FSU, that'll be 3 straight wins and back to back wins over # 9 UNC and # 16 FSU. I'd bet they'd be ranked at that point at 15-6, 5-4 based on what I just said. Now, they also would have to beat NC State in Raleigh on Saturday, so they'd actually be 16-6, 6-4, winners of 4 straight, BC, UNC, FSU and NCSU. They'd definitely be ranked at that point, at least in that poll. They're not receiving any votes in the other poll.

He's actually probably right. They're the equivalent of 29th in the Coaches Poll. If they beat FSU, that'll be 3 straight wins and back to back wins over # 9 UNC and # 16 FSU. I'd bet they'd be ranked at that point at 15-6, 5-4 based on what I just said. Now, they also would have to beat NC State in Raleigh on Saturday, so they'd actually be 16-6, 6-4, winners of 4 straight, BC, UNC, FSU and NCSU. They'd definitely be ranked at that point, at least in that poll. They're not receiving any votes in the other poll.

That makes sense and could happen. I just can't wash the stink of that Wake game off so easily. The smell carries.

That makes sense and could happen. I just can't wash the stink of that Wake game off so easily. The smell carries.

We laid an egg in that game, but it was a road ACC matchup. And Wake isn't bad by any stretch. They'd probably be fighting for 3rd place in the SEC. The ACC is just so deep this year top to bottom.

Advertisement

We laid an egg in that game, but it was a road ACC matchup. And Wake isn't bad by any stretch. They'd probably be fighting for 3rd place in the SEC. The ACC is just so deep this year top to bottom.

Wake is 29th in RPI and has played the 6th toughest schedule of any division I team. Definitely not a bad loss (especially on the road) by any standard.

Wake is 29th in RPI and has played the 6th toughest schedule of any division I team. Definitely not a bad loss (especially on the road) by any standard.

We played a great first half against Duke, and a ferocious second half against Wake. The BC win was 40 minutes of garbage.

Advertisement
Back