Bracketology (updated on the reg)

Advertisement
Should not have lost Wake or FSU on the road, but close loses to UVA and UL that could have gone either way, along with Ws against Duke and NCSt should have been enough.

We had a couple bad losses, but shocked at how little consideration we received. Scratching my head at UCLA, Georgia, LSU, Boise, Ole Miss, Texas, Indiana, etc. all being ahead of us. UM's as deserving as any in that group. ACC gets no props.

Advertisement
We only have ourselves to blame. We should have won about 24 games this year. When you give away games to Wake, FSU and Louisville and don't show up for EKU and GT, you end up on the outside looking in.

We only have ourselves to blame. We should have won about 24 games this year. When you give away games to Wake, FSU and Louisville and don't show up for EKU and GT, you end up on the outside looking in.

Nope, sorry, I blame the committee. Did we blow games? Yes. Does that mean the committee didn't ***** us? NO ******* WAY IT DOES NOT. Texas, Ole Miss, UCLA, LSU do not deserve to be in over us. I don't care about the games we blew. Everyone blows games. Everyone has head scratchers.

But, but Donna is best friends w the NCAA. If Miami leaves any doubt with the NCAA, they will get the shaft. They were not even in the last four out.

Advertisement
I'm shocked at how little respect the ACC got. Big 12 got what, 70% of their conference in, WTF is that!?!?

Advertisement
LOL. I'm done with college sports.

NCAA
ESPN
Canes Football
Canes Tennis
Refs bias for ND
No football stadium
A-Rod Freakin ball park
2015 Selection Sunday

Not enough time to waste on this. Done.
Wasn't it you that told me to hang in there when I said I was done after one of our 7 Ls in football?

She is a corrupt politician and everything she touches turns to ****.

The new basketball arena, Coach L and the direction of the basketball team are worse now than before?

Right.

nice try with the politics.....there is probably a board for that.... Somewhere.

The way that I look at it, the whole season basically came down to two plays. Angel missed a lay-up at the end of the Wake game that would've sent it to OT. Wake died down the stretch and their top scorer had just fouled out.

And most importantly, at the end of 1st OT against UVa, up by 3 points, and UVa has the ball with around 18 seconds. They should have fouled in that spot before UVa got a chance to take the 3 to tie it. If they fouled, the worst case scenario is they are up by 1, with the ball...10 seconds left. If they held on for that win, they are securely in the tournament.

Advertisement
The way that I look at it, the whole season basically came down to two plays. Angel missed a lay-up at the end of the Wake game that would've sent it to OT. Wake died down the stretch and their top scorer had just fouled out.

And most importantly, at the end of 1st OT against UVa, up by 3 points, and UVa has the ball with around 18 seconds. They should have fouled in that spot before UVa got a chance to take the 3 to tie it. If they fouled, the worst case scenario is they are up by 1, with the ball...10 seconds left. If they held on for that win, they are securely in the tournament.

Agree with the Wake loss, just beyond brutal, especially how late in the year it was. Disagree with the UVA loss. We were getting hammered in that game and it was a tremendous performance just to be in that position late. If we win that game, do we walk into Cameron and beat them by 15 pts? Would Duke have overlooked us after we had just beaten UVA? Probably not. Guess we will never know.

Agree with the Wake loss, just beyond brutal, especially how late in the year it was. Disagree with the UVA loss. We were getting hammered in that game and it was a tremendous performance just to be in that position late. If we win that game, do we walk into Cameron and beat them by 15 pts? Would Duke have overlooked us after we had just beaten UVA? Probably not. Guess we will never know.

Ultimately, we needed to win at least 2 of the 4 against EKU, WF, FSU and GT, especially if two of those were in the ACC. If we finished 12-6 in the ACC instead of 10-8, I think we're clearly in even with losses to EKU and one of the other ACC teams. It's really frustrating that our poor play against the bottom of the ACC kept us out of the tournament given how close we played the top teams in the ACC. We were the type of team in the tournament that could have lost a first round game against some small conference school, or made it to the sweet 16 and put a scare into some of the top teams. Unfortunately, that inconsistency is what kept us out of the tournament. Hopefully next season we'll be able to play more consistently as the team has more experience playing together.

In retrospect, it appears that sack of **** Marky Mark Emmert and his NCAA Clown Funky Bunch really did a great job with their selection committee!!! The Big 12 had 70% of their conference go to the dance and right off the bat, THREE of these teams LOSE to Non-Power 5 opponents. Wow, what success, especially considering two of those teams are Marky Mark's favorites, big state schools who can bilk the taxpayer in true Emmert fashion...

I hope there is a special section in **** for that corrupt, toupee-wearing, Son of a *****!

I've said it since it happened. The wake loss cost us the bid. The only way to nullify it was to beat Louisville.

We may have had the best win of all the bubble teams but that was all we had. Our worst losses were worse and we only beat 1 really good team. NC St. beat three of the top four ACC teams.

We just didn't deserve it this year.

Advertisement
Back