Bowl Season is a Joke

They lost to a significantly lower ranked Utah team who at the time was a non-P5 school. Ill prepared (and not caring because they were left out of the NC) is exactly why that Alabama team lost.

Idgaf about you trying to diminish Utah. A Utah thats been a perennial 10 win average for 2 decades and didnt change a beat when they moved up to P5, A 13-0 6th ranked Utah was flat out the better team. This is revisionist history. Please stop. Saban wanted to win that game and coached like it. Period.

Advertisement
Worst defense since the 90’s & it’s not close

Absolutely. Dumbest defense ever made regardlesd of decade or era. To the point that teams literally rep against it in practice and no exactly how to drive the field on it. OCs have dissected that defense so much they know where to attack it inside the hashes if got at least 2 timeouts and outside the hashes if they dont.

The only way to go is to attack. Im going the budfoster route. 2 man under with a double a gap blitz and/or greendog blitz audible.

Qb gotta get that **** ball out. **** that.

I absolutely care about bowl season, & believe it or not, the vast majority of kids who will never play in the NFL, the coaches who’s bonuses are tied to wins, and schools who have apparel contracts that have escalators for bowl wins, total wins absolutely care.

We're the only fanbase this delusii swear. Ive seen every single bowl game and bot one staff coached like it was unimportant. Not a single one.

This is the end of CFB season. Holiday season. A lot of people are off or taking it easy with family. Gambling at an all time high. Each bowl has had somewhat of its own spotlight. The world(more importantly, recruits/transfers) is watching.

It makes no sense to sleepwalk, downplay or minimize the importance of these games, given the exposure. There is just no way you can sell it to make it make sense.

Sad Mask GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Clearly Clemson and Kentucky didn’t get the memo.

Nor did Arizona/OU, or NC state/Kansas St, or Boston College, or Georgia Tech, or USC, or UCLA, or Texas Tech, or Northwestern, or Duke…

Miami is too good for bowl games I guess. Maybe that’s why we never win them.
This has always been the problem over the last 2 decades. Miami always has a roster filled with players that could give 2 ***** about winning games for the name on the front of the Jersey during the season, let alone exhibition bowl games. So yes, the Miami program believes they are too good for these bowl games. The proof is in the games. Couple that with just horrific Head Coaches this is the result. Richt gave the program a boost his 3yrs since he is an actual leader and good football coach all around.

We're the only fanbase this delusii swear. Ive seen every single bowl game and bot one staff coached like it was unimportant. Not a single one.

This is the end of CFB season. Holiday season. A lot of people are off or taking it easy with family. Gambling at an all time high. Each bowl has had somewhat of its own spotlight. The world(more importantly, recruits/transfers) is watching.

It makes no sense to sleepwalk, downplay or minimize the importance of these games, given the exposure. There is just no way you can sell it to make it make sen

Oh it's a Great comparison. I follow Clemson, and one of the things I envy is they play hard, and when they can roll over they don't.

This is a program used to playing in the playoffs, and they were down 11 in the 2nd half, and they played as hard in the 2nd half as they have all year.

They were 4-4 at one point this year, and won 5 straight games. Dabo isn't some genius, but his players play physical and hard, and one day I hope Miami can bring that same energy week in and week out. When things don't go your way, find a way to win. If you lose a few games season isn't over.

Meanwhile we got players clowning on IG during a game where their team is actually playing. That is culture.

It's my belief Miami had one of the worst cultures in all of college football when Mario got the job.
the players at Miami don't care at all about winning games at Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back