MEGA Bowl Games Mega Thread: Baga vs. Byzantine Baga

Advertisement
After having read the rest of your post I agree with what you’re saying. I can say that the Utah losses are on Mario, and also think he’s the right guy for us, right now.

We absolutely have to get over the hump talent wise, even with whatever deficits Mario might have, I think he is probably the best available person to try and do that.
I think Mario gets us over the talent hump, but I’m not sure he gets us #6. He has his warts, but I have no doubt we will be a respectable program again under him.

And only one play away from losing your career
Yeah I'm very conflicted on the opting out/be a loyal teammate/finish what ya started decision/dont jepoardize the future conundrum. It's really nobodies bz but those with everything to win/lose.

End of the day, noone can predict the future, we should all live for today - you can't count on tomorrow coming either.

I think Mario gets us over the talent hump, but I’m not sure he gets us #6. He has his warts, but I have no doubt we will be a respectable program again under him.
He’s going to have to do it on talent and coordinators

Advertisement
He’s always around double digits in attempts every game. But nothing like that Tennessee game, no.

Double digit rushing attempts is not that unusual like maybe around 10 for even “non- running“ quarterbacks. Sometimes what are sacks are listed as rushing attempts. But that Tennessee game was insane.

Advertisement
He’s going to have to do it on talent and coordinators
I’d agree, I’d like to also think that he has room to grow as a HC as well. He is no spring chicken but hopefully he still has some room to grow. We know given where we have been the last 15 years as a program that his floor is still a huge improvement over where we have been

Yeah I'm very conflicted on the opting out/be a loyal teammate/finish what ya started decision. It's really nobodies bz but those with everything to win/lose.

End of the day, noone can predict the future, we should all live for today - you can't count on tomorrow coming either.
It’s ok to evolve on this position over time, even if you took different stances here previously, especially when you see guys getting knocked out in bowl games. I think it’ll become the new norm - as it kind of has been headed.

I used to rip local kids for choosing schools over UM. Over time I modified that simply to local kids who clowned us in the recruiting process. How can I be mad at a local kid who didn’t want to play for Manny or Golden???

I’d agree, I’d like to also think that he has room to grow as a HC as well. He is no spring chicken but hopefully he still has some room to grow. We know given where we have been the last 15 years as a program that his floor is still a huge improvement over where we have been
Big step up for us from Manny, and the resources to help as well.

Advertisement
Can someone please tell me why Whittingham didn’t use his three timeouts when it was obvious that Ohio State was within field-goal range?

Utah would’ve had more than nine seconds to try to pull off some kind of a miracle, they might’ve even been able to get off a couple or three plays.

Somebody explain this rationally to me
In before he gets a 9.5 million a year extension….

Advertisement
How much money did Matt Corral lose by playing in this game if the injury is severe?
Even if he has insurance for the diminishment in value of his NFL career form injury (pretty common these days), his career is likely shorter. Remember ND linebacker Jalen Smith? Went from 1st round (top 10) to 3rd round and out of the league after 5 years.

Advertisement
Back