MEGA Bowl Games Mega Thread: Baga vs. Byzantine Baga

Advertisement
I'm more impressed with Whittingham than just about any other coach including Saban. Whittingham gets mostly 3-star athletes to play at an elite level. He's had 13 4-star players in total since 2019 incuding his 2022 class. His fingerprints are all over the program with discipline and toughness. Very impressive!!!

He left three timeouts on the table. One of the all-time dumb moves I’ve seen in a bowl game

Can someone please tell me why Whittingham didn’t use his three timeouts when it was obvious that Ohio State was within field-goal range?

Utah would’ve had more than nine seconds to try to pull off some kind of a miracle, they might’ve even been able to get off a couple or three plays.

Somebody explain this rationally to me

Advertisement
Seriously if we have an OL anything close to OSU, with the athletes we have at the skill positions, it’s over in the ACC. They could break offensive records. But we need the jimmies and Joe’s.
OSU Jimmy and Joe's are top 3. What is common among them and Bama, the trenches and the BEST RECEIVERS. Difference makers. We need to keep the Jeudy's and Ridley's home. Mario go earn your money.

Advertisement
Maybe but the guy was essentially playing prevent on that last drive, you’d be better off giving up a big play TD than letting them dink and dunk down the field. Really terrible.

Or at least use your fūcking timeouts. So when you get the ball back you can run two or three plays.

Game management 101.

Advertisement
Seriously if we have an OL anything close to OSU, with the athletes we have at the skill positions, it’s over in the ACC. They could break offensive records. But we need the jimmies and Joe’s.
Hopefully Mario and Mirabal get our offensive line playing with toughness and attitude.

Can someone please tell me why Whittingham didn’t use his three timeouts when it was obvious that Ohio State was within field-goal range?

Utah would’ve had more than nine seconds to try to pull off some kind of a miracle, they might’ve even been able to get off a couple or three plays.

Somebody explain this rationally to me
No explanation other than his defense hasn't stopped them. when was he gonna call timeouts? Ohio St was gonna run the clock down and Kick a FG. they were getting chunk after chunk. He was hoping for a missed FG.

Advertisement
OSU Jimmy and Joe's are top 3. What is common among them and Bama, the trenches and the BEST RECEIVERS. Difference makers. We need to keep the Jeudy's and Ridley's home. Mario go earn your money.
Mario is going to knock it out of the park with recruiting. Ol has the biggest margin for improvement on offense.

C774EA26-5D8A-432E-8421-EEFEB098FF16.gif

Yeah, there was no reason not to use them. ****, would’ve been better off letting them score than playing that Dorito defense.

Even then, they had nine seconds when Ohio State kicked off, if they had used even just two of their timeouts that would’ve added at least another 10 to 15 seconds that’s 2 to 3 plays.

They actually would’ve probably had more time than that.

As great a job as Whittingham has done, I have to say I lost some respect on that, it’s like he gave up.

Advertisement
Back