MEGA Bowl Games Mega Thread: Baga vs. Byzantine Baga

Of course Utah is a good team, that doesn’t excuse Oregon getting beat down twice by them.

Unless you’re saying that Whittingham is just a better coach than Mario?

Which I know none of yall would ever dare blaspheme like that, so yall can’t hype up Mario like yall do & then make excuses for every time his team got their asses kicked, don’t work like that.

Utah is a very good team & Oregon got the sh*t beat out of’em every time they played them this season, so Utah was clearly better than Oregon. Doesn’t mean Mario is not a good coach too, two things can be true at the same time.

Whittingham might indeed be a better coach than Mario. My theory is guys like him don’t do well in places like Miami. Coaching Utah type players, in my opinion, is different than coaching the south Florida mentality or 4-star, 7 on 7 mentality.

I’ve talked about this in another thread. Just food for thought. Some people are better suited for certain areas and certain types of recruits than other people.

Advertisement
Whittingham might indeed be a better coach than Mario. My theory is guys like him don’t do well in places like Miami. Coaching Utah type players, in my opinion, is different than coaching the south Florida mentality or 4-star, 7 on 7 mentality.

I’ve talked about this in another thread. Just food for thought. Some people are better suited for certain areas and certain types of recruits than other people.
Only one guy to use as a comp and he did just fine.

Advertisement
My life is miserable because I rather see an entertaining game than uga blowing out mich type game? Cool
No it's not miserable. You have no life if it revolves around football games. It's entertainment, boss....

Advertisement

Some coaches are just better dealing with hardworking, chip on the shoulder types. He goes and finds kids that were lower rated with chips on their shoulders and hungry. Then mix in Polynesian kids who are serious and hardworking types and coaches them hard.

Just look at the lower rated three stars from South Florida that’s went there.

You normally keep those kids longer because they lacked prototypical size or measurables when they arrived. You might have them 4-5 years instead of 3. So it’s grown men out there that’s been developed. All of that is part of the recipe.

I’m not sure a diva five star is down with playing for him or say a Clawson.

No it's not miserable. You have no life if it revolves around football games. It's entertainment, boss....
I'm lost.. you say it's entertainment, I say I rather watch this back n forth entertaining game than blowout like playoffs.. bruh u good? U have me confused for another poster or something? Happy New Year man, have a drink

…. i want the suckeyes to get molly ***ped....

Yeah me too.

I want to see crying faces on the typical 35+ BMI OSU fan.

I hope Utah puts 70 on them.

Still waiting for that Big 10 OSU fan that used to post here to show up in this thread, the one that said he had a cugine
that was a Miami Hurricane

Advertisement
I'm lost.. you say it's entertainment, I say I rather watch this back n forth entertaining game than blowout like playoffs.. bruh u good? U have me confused for another poster or something? Happy New Year man, have a drink
Frustrated Larry Bird GIF by SB Nation

Florida natives on each team:

Ohio State
CB Sevyn Banks (Orlando Jones)
RB Marcus Crowley (Trinity Christian)
OT Nicholas Petit-Frere (Berkeley Prep)

Utah
RB Chris Curry (Lehigh)
RB Ricky Parks (Tampa Gaither)

Advertisement
Yeah me too.

I want to see crying faces on the typical 35+ BMI OSU fan.

I hope Utah puts 70 on them.

Still waiting for that Big 10 OSU fan that used to post here to show up in this thread, the one that said he had a cugine
that was a Miami Hurricane
Like i said my brother. Lets open the half with another Utes score. ...

Of course he’s better suited for Utah than he would be in Miami, I wasn’t advocating we should’ve hired him...

I was pointing out that everyone having this revelation that Utah is a good team is just narrative spin to justify Oregon getting shellacked by them, but if that’s true then people can’t talk about Mario as if he’s the second coming of Saban, can’t have it both ways.

The overall point I’m making is, both Whittingham & Mario are great coaches, people don’t need justify one in order to justify the other. The ineffable defense of Oregon on this board is missing the mark, Oregon’s bad performances over the last 2 months is notwithstanding of Mario’s coaching acumen.

It’s possible he’ll do better at Miami than he did at Oregon, I’ve seen too many people parrot the idea that he needs to replicate what was done at Oregon & IMO, they’re not the barometer by which we should judge what we can do here.

What I’m basically saying is, Canes fans (not you OCCC lol) don’t need to defend Oregon every day on this board when they’re rightly criticized, a criticism of Oregon is not synonymous to a criticism of Mario.

Advertisement
Back